Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take a look at Chris' videos (@DirtyT3sla) on Youtube
Hah! What trust in FSD Beta 10.69 to avoid the curb and obstacle. I've done the same thing in checking the TeslaCam footage afterwards to see how much space there actually was, and it is indeed quite good at measuring distance but still quite scary like wife's reaction:
close curb.jpg

close blockage.jpg

This is exactly how I drive my car when FSDb is engaged, and since where I want the car to be never exactly matches where FSDb wants to be, I'm able to eliminate 99.99% of nags. However, if I'm in a situation where FSDb is hugging the left side of the lane, and I'm constantly applying right wheel torque, I'll still get a nag that requires me to let go of my right wheel torque and momentarily apply left wheel torque. That one situation is responsible for nearly 100% of the (extremely infrequent) wheel nags I get.
Yup. That's exactly what will happen. FSDb is self centric, i.e. it assumes that he's right and driving, if he is wrong, disengage. FSDb is not expecting "corrections". So a constant right torque trying to adjust the left side hugging is not registered. That's is also the problem of the FSDb implementation. That's why the centering on unmarked roads was and is still not corrected for so long. There is just no way the tester can input the right side preference to the system or any lane bias inputs.

Interesting you mention speed bumps. Just a few days ago I was on a road with a succession of four speed bumps. The speed limit was 25, and the car slowed to about 18 for each bump, which felt about right for these particular speed bumps. (Some are more abrupt, so you'd need to slow more to not bang your passengers around. I can't say how it handles those.)
Yeah, oddly, mine will slow down for some but not all. I live near some of those bumps that are split into thirds for some reason and I thought that might have something to do with it at first.

But other drives over those same bumps have seen my car slow to the aforementioned 18 MPH, so maybe it just has trouble seeing them if they’re not solid speed bumps or something.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Yeah, oddly, mine will slow down for some but not all. I live near some of those bumps that are split into thirds for some reason and I thought that might have something to do with it at first.

But other drives over those same bumps have seen my car slow to the aforementioned 18 MPH, so maybe it just has trouble seeing them if they’re not solid speed bumps or something.
Does FSD slow down for anyone where the speed bumps have no line markings on them? For me FSD wants to use these speed bumps as launching pads so I always disengage.

Its just odd to me, the variation in people's nag annoyance. From ATL to Augusta last weekend, I only got one in 3 hrs. Why is it so easy for some to satisfy and difficult for,others?
Teslas have many inconsistencies.

With my current version (69.3.1) I’ve measured how long it takes to get a nag on several occasions - not touching the steering wheel at all, looking straight ahead and driving straight (i.e. nothing complicated or unexpected that would cause FSD to request input) it takes 45 seconds for the first “apply turning force” nag. I haven’t taken many long trips with this version but in previous versions I would try to hold force on the steering wheel and invariably either apply too much, causing a disengagement or get a nag because I wan’t applying enough. I’ve also gotten nags with my hands at 10 & 2 (or 9 & 3 or 11 and 6 or whatever times you want to use.) I’ve found no position that I can comfortably hold my hands for a prolonged period that also satisfies the nag algorithm.

What’s particularly aggravating is the fact that applying pressure on the wheel in no way signifies attention. I can easily tug on the steering wheel absentmindedly while playing with the radio, looking around, etc.

Teslas have many inconsistencies.

With my current version (69.3.1) I’ve measured how long it takes to get a nag on several occasions - not touching the steering wheel at all, looking straight ahead and driving straight (i.e. nothing complicated or unexpected that would cause FSD to request input) it takes 45 seconds for the first “apply turning force” nag. I haven’t taken many long trips with this version but in previous versions I would try to hold force on the steering wheel and invariably either apply too much, causing a disengagement or get a nag because I wan’t applying enough. I’ve also gotten nags with my hands at 10 & 2 (or 9 & 3 or 11 and 6 or whatever times you want to use.) I’ve found no position that I can comfortably hold my hands for a prolonged period that also satisfies the nag algorithm.

What’s particularly aggravating is the fact that applying pressure on the wheel in no way signifies attention. I can easily tug on the steering wheel absentmindedly while playing with the radio, looking around, etc.

The problem is having to apply inconsistent amount of torque to satisfy the nag, because consistent amount will result in a nag or in a suspicion of a “anti-nag device”. It’s like being a child that’s pulling at the back of your shirt over and over asking you to get candy.

Split speed bumps are generally for bicycles to pass easily (and maybe easier for water runoff?) FSD is very inconsistent for me with bumps, it recognizes some marked bumps but not all - it doesn’t generally seem to recognize checker pattern ones for instance. Not sure I’ve noticed an issue with split bumps specifically.

What difference does it make where I place the camera in the car to record myself driving? Do you go on people’s YouTube channels and cry about their camera placement with your overly hypothetical and borderline retarded situations?
I think you misinterpreted my message, it was meant to be a friendly observation. I'm not really trying to Nanny you and that's not how I am. It's just true that carrying something between you and the steering wheel/yoke could hurt you bad in the unlikely event. Sorry I brought it up, if it upsets you.

I think you misinterpreted my message, it was meant to be a friendly observation. I'm not really trying to Nanny you and that's not how I am. It's just true that carrying something between you and the steering wheel/yoke could hurt you bad in the unlikely event. Sorry I brought it up, if it upsets you.
It doesn’t upset me lol, just sounds rather ridiculous that you’d be so concerned about the location of the camera. Should I also not drink coffee while driving, because if a plane crashes in front of me and I have no choice but to collide with it’s debris, the airbag might send the stainless steel yeti cup into my chest while burning my precious face with hot coffee? Of course that’s all up to the point where I drive into pretty much lava pavement that’s on fire due to all of the burning jet fuel and then it consumes me like that one part in Terminator.

It doesn’t upset me lol, just sounds rather ridiculous that you’d be so concerned about the location of the camera. Should I also not drink coffee while driving, because if a plane crashes in front of me and I have no choice but to collide with it’s debris, the airbag might send the stainless steel yeti cup into my chest while burning my precious face with hot coffee? Of course that’s all up to the point where I drive into pretty much lava pavement that’s on fire due to all of the burning jet fuel and then it consumes me like that one part in Terminator.
Well, your scenario is maybe a little more specific. :) But I guess it could play out just like you say and then yeah, it wouldn't much matter where you were holding the coffee.

Only you know how precious your face is, I made no such judgment and I would never do that to you.

Come to think of it, it probably is the first time I've ever been so concerned about how healthy is a person's man's chest. I'll go back to my prior selectlvity in that regard.