Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed.

However, we do have an iPad mounted on a suction cup holder (mounted to the side window) that we use to hold all of our aircraft and navigation manuals/charts. :D

We used to have to carry around about 40 lbs worth of manuals in what we called our "brain bag." This has been replaced by an iPad. Ain't technology wunnerful?
But have you ever been in a… a Turkish prison?

Light rain but FSD seems to crumble when the windshield wipers run at high rate.
Maybe you great Northwet guys already know this. I don't often drive in rain when I can avoid it but was in a similar rain last night using FSDb, maybe a tad more. Auto wipers (which generally work well for me) went back and forth between slow and fast.

So it's dark, raining moderately, and the road lines are difficult to see. The "FSD may be degraded due to weather" came on immediately. I did not notice any FSD degradation but I'm sure there was some.

What interested me though was when it went to "FSD is not available due to weather", a persistent red "X" icon as it should be. I was expecting FSD to fully disengage but it did not. FSD continued to maintain the lane centering, speed, and stopping at red signals.

It also seems there were times where auto-acceleration was also disabled and I had to press the electron pedal to start/maintain speed but that seemed inconsistent to my eyes. In both scenarios, I had lane keeping and red light stops - but sometimes on green I had to initiate the pedal to go AND to maintain speed - other times the speed part worked. All with the red X "FSD is unavailable" being displayed.

It's only a single short drive but it did surprise me that "unavailable" actually meant "partially available". I would have preferred the "degraded" message to share more like those apparent partial disable inactions.

Again, maybe old news to yous who drive in the wet frequently. New to me.

Why would being in beta mean less frequent updates? If we’re beta testing we need to be testing new versions frequently. Non-beta release are to be expected as infrequent.

Yeah this is what we all thought would happen with the initial FSD beta request button ~14 months ago. And for a little while that was true; updates would come like every 2-4 weeks and it was great seeing FSD almost organically growing. But then about 1 month or so before the holiday update for 2021 things slowed down tremendously and we honestly started to get way way behind and some bugs that were remedied quickly we were stuck with (for me it was the sentry mode bug). It turned out that they only wanted us to be FSDbeta testers. I think a lot of us thought we would be beta testers for even the other sets of features Tesla rolled out but that ended up not being the case at all.
My assumption is the FSD stack is intermingled with TACC and other parts of the software. When the FSD starts working on a new version, they would take the most recent stable software version to use with the FSD version they are working on. Likewise, the commingling of the various software components precludes updating the rest of the software independently, hence the FSDb recipients only get updates to the non-FSD components infrequently.

As to why FSD updates are taking so long, there's no shortage of commentary but I think it's clear that FSD is more involved than they were expecting and the number of 'edge' cases and difficulty in dealing with them is proving to be a difficult task.

Confirmed.

However, we do have an iPad mounted on a suction cup holder (mounted to the side window) that we use to hold all of our aircraft and navigation manuals/charts. :D

We used to have to carry around about 40 lbs worth of manuals in what we called our "brain bag." This has been replaced by an iPad. Ain't technology wunnerful?
Told ja @Ryan27 😀

Is anyone here part of these 1000s of people with the holiday update? I want some feedback on Steam. YouTube seems to be full of nothing but clickbait garbage.

BBE86500-3147-4704-985C-2B76ECB86825.png

Maybe you great Northwet guys already know this. I don't often drive in rain when I can avoid it but was in a similar rain last night using FSDb, maybe a tad more. Auto wipers (which generally work well for me) went back and forth between slow and fast.

So it's dark, raining moderately, and the road lines are difficult to see. The "FSD may be degraded due to weather" came on immediately. I did not notice any FSD degradation but I'm sure there was some.

What interested me though was when it went to "FSD is not available due to weather", a persistent red "X" icon as it should be. I was expecting FSD to fully disengage but it did not. FSD continued to maintain the lane centering, speed, and stopping at red signals.

It also seems there were times where auto-acceleration was also disabled and I had to press the electron pedal to start/maintain speed but that seemed inconsistent to my eyes. In both scenarios, I had lane keeping and red light stops - but sometimes on green I had to initiate the pedal to go AND to maintain speed - other times the speed part worked. All with the red X "FSD is unavailable" being displayed.

It's only a single short drive but it did surprise me that "unavailable" actually meant "partially available". I would have preferred the "degraded" message to share more like those apparent partial disable inactions.

Again, maybe old news to yous who drive in the wet frequently. New to me.
Yip, typical in the rain. This is why I don't believe all the Tesla Vision hype. Elon obviously never drives in the rain ...

In the past it would just tell you FSD is not available to revert to TACC. It basically did this every time the wipers went fast. Which is scary, since the steering would simply stop, even mid turn, every time a truck passes you (similar to what AP used to do). So I think the "half" approach is better. Although not sure what half means here :). It seems random based on how bad the rain is. Anything from it seems like normal FSD all the way to actually not steering. Although I have not had the later in a while. Probably because we have not had hard rain in a while. Mostly just drizzles here.

FWIW - Both AP and FSD have gotten better over time dealing with the rain, but still a long way from no intervention driving.

Yea I figured that. I’m just trying to enjoy someone else’s experience at this point, you know, cuck type stuff…
With all due respect you are asking for feedback in a beta thread where none of us have this software on our beta cars. Some might on a 2nd car. I bet if you search the threads which I am terrible at, there is one loaded with Steam data.

Reactions: Pdubs and sleepydoc
That was my subtle attempt to get you to to we terrorize some other Tmc'ers that don't have beta!
Dude. I followed your advice, and now I’m nothing but mad. Never listening to you again or leaving this thread 😡😡

Found some threads talking about refreshed refresh S/X having 16GB ram and getting Steam. Original refresh models only have 8GB and won’t be getting Steam. Elon stretches our sphincters once again…

Shills are the true beta testers, and even they don’t get the latest non-beta features. Unfortunately because FSD and main software are in different branches, we’re not beta testing any NEW software features, only beta testing the Faux Self Driving on whatever stable main branch it’s baked into.
I think your constant broad brush labeling of the early Youtubers as "shills" is unfair to many who do their best to provide reasonably balanced videos. How about some positive holiday spirit for all.