Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When it comes to Tesla I've always been a realist. Been that way since since 2009 when I started watching them.
Hey the optimist in me allowed me to retire early thanks to Tesla.
Well there you go, the truth comes out. Your biased nonsense is due to you pulling a jackpot on Tesla’s stocks, and not due to you being a realist or an optimist. Just because YOU profited from it, doesn’t mean Tesla doesn’t do anything wrong.

As it relates to Tesla Vision. Its used today for predicting when to go forward/backward in the refresh S/X. It gets it correct a LOT of the time.
Other times, I will be parked with my closed garage door in FRONT of the car. Broad daylight. Garage door clearly visible. And Tesla Vision selects DRIVE vs Reverse (NOTHING will be behind the car in these instances). So in this case? Not a huge deal. I manually override.

But parking sensors? People tend to rely on the actual sensors being correct like, 100% of the time.

With Tesla vision taking over parking sensor duties? (when that does occur in late 2024 at earliest). Not sure HOW it is supposed to be "better" (per Elon)

74 year old here, I don't have a problem with correcting FSD and it is helpful on long drives. I know as I get older I will lose more of my driving abilities so I am participating in this experiment with the hope of some day realizing the advertised potential of full self driving so I can continue to be active and safe.
Another 74 year old here. I've driven a thousand or or so miles in FSDb since June, mostly in Albuquerque. I currently think me driving in FSDb, and closely monitoring it, is a safer situation than either of us driving alone. I'm curious enough to watch to see what FSDb will do, and wary enough of problems, that I pay particularly close attention when I'm operating in that mode. The car can see things I cannot, and can compute trajectories etc. more accurately than I.

Yes, I have complaints, and I certainly want it to get better.

With Tesla vision taking over parking sensor duties? (when that does occur in late 2024 at earliest). Not sure HOW it is supposed to be "better" (per Elon)
Will be years most likely before it is good enough. Just seems extremely difficult to not be fooled some of the time, at a much higher rate than parking sensors. (Even after adding memory, etc., etc. to overcome the limitations.)

I am fairly sure there is no debate about this.

Last edited:
Another 74 year old here. I've driven a thousand or or so miles in FSDb since June, mostly in Albuquerque. I currently think me driving in FSDb, and closely monitoring it, is a safer situation than either of us driving alone. I'm curious enough to watch to see what FSDb will do, and wary enough of problems, that I pay particularly close attention when I'm operating in that mode. The car can see things I cannot, and can compute trajectories etc. more accurately than I.

Yes, I have complaints, and I certainly want it to get better.
I agree

Wisely does not have brake display turned on! (A very convenient bug.)

No comment on this nonsense:

No comment on this awful cluster either! (I think this is the worst example in the video.)

No comments here other than the signal comment?

Why no comments here (other than the ones about the steering wheel)? This is not good, or smooth! (Second worst example, I think.)

I guess he's afraid of getting chastised by Elon again? I think he's busy, probably could get away with it.

Anyway, just a sampling. Shows how far they have to go. No significant progress on the fundamentals (stopping and going), it appears.

Note at the beginning of the video when traveling 25-30mph downhill it does just fine and comes to a smooth stop at the bottom of the hill. All makes sense and is consistent with our findings here.

Certainly a lot more energy at 50mph but I wonder whether it's as simple as that explanation. Just seems to get very unstable.

Last edited:
Some classic 10.69.3.1 Beta performances. These were one after another, all within five minutes.

Obviously normally I would just not even bother, or take over in advance (I could see all of these situations coming well in advance).

Keep an eye on that bar! Epic and thrilling!

Curving off ramps, impossible:

Unable to stop remotely correctly on downhill grades:

Unable to signal intentions for some reason (is there a plan to fix this?). This resulted in adding 5 minutes to my commute, so convenient:

Forget the turn signal miss for a minute... How did it not see the car taking over to the right?
I experience an FSDb who is extremely cautious, while you experience an FSDb who doesn't give a ****. This is odd.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
How did it not see the car taking over to the right?

That car gunned it just as the signal was activated, and the driver decided he was going to blow past (note he went to the right in the lane, outside the lane markings; he was going to get past no matter what). You can see this all happen in the mirror. It's one reason I said "I didn't see him". I knew he was there, but then over the course of a second or two his intentions and velocity totally changed (obviously he did not expect the signal, and when he did, stuck with his decision to pass this idiot). I did see him right away as this happened, and was not going to fight him.

I would probably have been fine if I had just let the car go and do its thing. Obviously was not going to risk that though. It's possible it would have tried to go for it and then aborted and piled into the plastic posts, or given up, due to the aggressive driver. It's kind of persistent though. @Daniel in SD has bullied it before and it just tries to stay the course.

I experience an FSDb who is extremely cautious,
I would say the car was being super cautious & timid (and also not signaling). That's why that guy blew by. If I had been driving I would have been driving 60mph at that point, so I could hit the corner at 80mph.

The car really doesn't understand these new high visibility bike lane markings; I think it probably would have gotten over sooner if those weren't there? Not sure.

When I said "I should have taken over," I'm talking about as soon as I saw it was not signaling and saw that it was not in the appropriate place in the lane to "own the road." It went all horribly wrong about 4 seconds before the incident (at 0:30 or 0:31).

Last edited:
Well there you go, the truth comes out. Your biased nonsense is due to you pulling a jackpot on Tesla’s stocks, and not due to you being a realist or an optimist. Just because YOU profited from it, doesn’t mean Tesla doesn’t do anything wrong.
I have certainly posted negative FSD comments, so sorry to disappoint you that.
This post pretty much reflects my take on FSD. Post 6114, late November.
About the same. FSD wasn't as good when I first got it a year+ ago as I expected nor has it improved as quickly as I thought. But I don't believe Elon's tweets has had much to do with expectations. I never bought into the high expectations of FSD anyway as some have which makes it easier to accept the fairly slow rate of improvement.
And this post 2 days earlier, so apologist no. Post 5977.

Disappointing FSD drive. 6 months ago FSD approached this intersection where it should have kept to the left, instead the car jerked back and forth so badly I had to disengaged. First drive on 10..69.3.1 and it was just as bad if not worse. I let FSD continue since no cars were near me and FSD just stopped in the red box right in the intersection

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepydoc
Has anybody heard of any new additions to FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 anywhere? It seems like especially because it's still in limited release only up to the early access group (which includes the pre-Safety-Score group), it would be quite notable for someone to be newly added. Because we haven't heard much of these new FSD Beta additions from factory vehicle software like 2022.28.300 or what had been too-new-for-FSD-Beta like 2022.40.4.1, maybe it is indeed as you suggest of special "testing fleet" that has non-disclosure agreements with Tesla vs the rest of us.

TeslaFi shows since December 15th, FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 has 18 vehicles updating to it and 12 of those did not previously have FSD Beta. If this self-selection bias to be using a service like TeslaFi is like previous sampling biases, there could have been a few hundred vehicles newly added yet none have said anything publicly?
They pushed out to a few (hundred) vehicles new to FSDb by mistake i.e. the new vehicles should have got 3.1 but they pushed out the "latest" which is 3.3.

Are there other YouTubers or videos consistently complaining about this?

Not that I have seen. It’s a tragedy, really. And truly remarkable.

The elephant in the room. Or on the road.

I’ve spoken many times about it here of course. And it is boring to talk about for some reason, apparently. (I think it is by far the most interesting thing about FSD Beta.) And some people even say it “isn’t that bad.” Yet somehow it is nearly always something every user of FSD Beta complains about.

Last edited:
Looks like 10.69.3.3 is going slightly wider right meow.
1671332454542.png