Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears to me that removing the button to send examples of problems, is simply an admission that Tesla has grown tired of getting duplicate reports of the same problems over and over for months / years. Leaving the description of how to use the (non-existant), button in the release notes, fits nicely with the reports of how wonderful the improvements in games, dog mode, light shows and other vital stuff are. Perhaps with the button gone, we will be less likely to notice the little things like phantom braking, running red lights, stop signs and stopped school busses, zooming through intersections while the nav lady is screaming turn here, turn here, turn back there, make a u-turn?

It appears to me that removing the button to send examples of problems, is simply an admission that Tesla has grown tired of getting duplicate reports of the same problems over and over for months / years. Leaving the description of how to use the (non-existant), button in the release notes, fits nicely with the reports of how wonderful the improvements in games, dog mode, light shows and other vital stuff are. Perhaps with the button gone, we will be less likely to notice the little things like phantom braking, running red lights, stop signs and stopped school busses, zooming through intersections while the nav lady is screaming turn here, turn here, turn back there, make a u-turn?

This is a total non-issue. Just intervene at the first error. Tesla can get whatever information they want. Not saying that all of these are actually looked at, just saying that there’s not a need for a report button. They can just set a list of parameters for whatever their current campaigns are, and wait for results to flow in.

Last edited:
FSDb, fun for the whole family:

Funny video watching the wife. She says she is " a Litttttttle nervous" ! I think she needs to check her panties when she gets home to see how nervous she really was. :) And the kids in back seem to be falling asleep like what's the big deal mom; they grew up with a computer in their crib.

Yes, agree, I would not subscribe. The Homelink in my older MX works great to open and close the garage door automatically and the app is good too. Maybe I got this wrong, but isn't this new feature for the people that don't have HomeLink in the car? If so, I think it would be cheaper and easier to add the HomeLink module rather than paying a subscription fee. Frankly speaking, I don't like any subscriptions and it seems lots of companies want to do it these days.
I agree. I'd add TSLA's MyQ garage door opener subscription to the other jumping the shark subscriptions (BMW heated seats, high beam assist). I think the Tesla Homelink upgrade for model 3/Y is $350.

Is it safe to burn 🔥 my once per day software check?
Really doesn't matter since if you are in the queue you are in the queue. It is just more of a placebo thing. But having said that I checked mine this morningo_O......and......"your software is up to date".:mad:

Got me to "Elon" thinking that this whole holiday update thing is probably just a fake conspiracy put out by the woke radical left to trick me into worshipping the deep state.🥴

Yes, agree, I would not subscribe. The Homelink in my older MX works great to open and close the garage door automatically and the app is good too. Maybe I got this wrong, but isn't this new feature for the people that don't have HomeLink in the car? If so, I think it would be cheaper and easier to add the HomeLink module rather than paying a subscription fee. Frankly speaking, I don't like any subscriptions and it seems lots of companies want to do it these days.
HomeLink to me is worth it more, despite its higher price tag. I can open non-MyQ garages with my HomeLink, also use it to open the non-MyQ gate to the development I live in. I could also see it holding some value on resale, where the subscription to MyQ is just that… a subscription.

It’s a bit redundant to pay for MyQ subscription in the car when the app on your phone and your watch is free of charge.

HomeLink to me is worth it more, despite its higher price tag. I can open non-MyQ garages with my HomeLink, also use it to open the non-MyQ gate to the development I live in. I could also see it holding some value on resale, where the subscription to MyQ is just that… a subscription.

It’s a bit redundant to pay for MyQ subscription in the car when the app on your phone and your watch is free of charge.
yup, sounds like my experience.

Funny video watching the wife. She says she is " a Litttttttle nervous" ! I think she needs to check her panties when she gets home to see how nervous she really was. :) And the kids in back seem to be falling asleep like what's the big deal mom; they grew up with a computer in their crib.
I think these reaction videos are funny, and show a basic human-nature reaction (part of our "Fight or Flight" autonomic system). People try to pass these off as "See, ADAS sucks and scares people!", when in fact it's a standard reaction some people have when a computer is controlling a potentially dangerous aspect of their life.

If you have a 100% perfect, flawless ADAS system (this is a hypothetical), and you know it won't crash into anything, you'll still get this reaction from people as it drives close to parked cars, or inches past another car in a narrow street, etc. There are similarities to reactions from some people on roller coasters - that same Fight or Flight system taking over.

I think these reaction videos are funny, and show a basic human-nature reaction (part of our "Fight or Flight" autonomic system). People try to pass these off as "See, ADAS sucks and scares people!", when in fact it's a standard reaction some people have when a computer is controlling a potentially dangerous aspect of their life.

If you have a 100% perfect, flawless ADAS system (this is a hypothetical), and you know it won't crash into anything, you'll still get this reaction from people as it drives close to parked cars, or inches past another car in a narrow street, etc. There are similarities to reactions from some people on roller coasters - that same Fight or Flight system taking over.
yes, this ^^^ exactly

You have a recently built vehicle, right? 2022.44.25 likely isn't compatible with your vehicle, so you really don't have a choice. If you want the holiday update go ahead and install 2022.44.30, and you will have to wait until the FSD Beta build and recent hardware support get merged into a version and released.
I agree with this assessment as we don’t know when FSDb will be available for the newly built models as they’re running a different branch of software likely due to hardware differences. Until FSD catches up to the recently build vehicle, it will remain unavailable.

I wonder if Teslascope is misinterpreting the "single stack"
Has Teslascope referred to single stack / FSD Beta 11 as the same as wide release / toggle? I'm pretty sure they're well aware of the difference, but the confusion for some people is probably because both milestones have been targeting end-of-year release. It might end up being the same single release as a Holiday Update Part 2, but time is indeed running out for either one to happen this year let alone both.

Here's a quick summary of the two milestones. Single stack / FSD Beta 11 is referring to having FSD Beta's city streets driving behavior replace the legacy highway driving that has powered Navigate on Autopilot, and Autopilot team has been working towards this since July 2021 incrementally adding capabilities as part of FSD Beta 10.x. Wide release / toggle is referring to the likely end of the "safety score" testing group that started with FSD Beta 10.2 in October 2021 where people needed to push a request button and wait for Tesla to push separate software to the vehicle, and instead the regular production vehicle software would go to "everybody" like before FSD Beta and include a toggle in the Autopilot settings screen to directly enable "Full Self-Driving (Beta)" without waiting for separate software.

To be clear, since November, Tesla has deployed single stack wider than internal alpha testing to a group of stricter NDA employees while the intent of wide release has basically happened with the removal of Safety Score and Autopilot mileage checks although the user experience of needing to push the request button and checkboxes then wait isn't ideal.

There's just 10 days left in 2022 for Tesla reach these milestones of deploying single stack to more than a tiny percentage of vehicles and achieving actually wide release to the probably small percentage of vehicles that can't use FSD Beta yet (e.g., those who didn't want to accept the terms when requesting limited early access FSD Beta, vehicles with "too new" vehicle software, vehicles with older hardware like MCU1, vehicles that had too many FSD Beta strikes).

Also the computer is driving nothing like a human, so even in cases where the reactions are not played up, you get these reactions. That’s been my experience with passengers:

1) Why is it going so close to parked cars?
2) Why is it following so closely, this is not comfortable!?!
3) Why is it surging forward around a corner, when there’s a car parked right there on the side of the street?

Etc.

All stuff that if fixed, having the vehicle drive like a human, would eliminate all of these complaints.

I don’t know. I’ve never used that stupid button. Always just said “report bug” and it did.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
This is a total non-issue. Just intervene at the first error. Tesla can get whatever information they want. Not saying that all of these are actually looked at, just saying that there’s not a need for a report button. They can just set a list of parameters for whatever their current campaigns are, and wait for results to flow in.
I generally agree with you, but I also think there are some things I can't reliably intervene for when I'd really like to. One example - leaving my development, FSDb always stops WAY ahead of the stop sign, then slowly creeps up to an actually useful spot where you can actually see traffic. I'd like to hit the accelerator to say "No, don't stop here, go up further first", but sometimes FSDb reads that as "Oh, we're passed the stopping point and he's pressing the accelerator so I guess we're clear to go!" and takes off.

Another example - yesterday I was driving on some back roads, and FSDb was approaching stop signs way too fast, to the point where I think it might have actually ran them. Of course, I wasn't about to find out and hit the brakes to disengage. Yes, this should generate reports and useful data, but I'd also like to tell it when to start decelerating. Stopping/starting is most often, uh, not smooth, and I don't feel like we've been given a good way to "train" that behavior.

I also strongly prefer to NOT disengage with the steering wheel. Sometimes (but not always!) you need to apply a good amount of force, which then jerks the car once it finally gives you control, which can be dangerous depending on the situation. I've had this quite a bit on 10.69.3.3, where cresting hills seem to cause FSDb to go a bit crazy with phantom braking and wheel spasms. I typically tap the stalk first to disengage, but that apparently doesn't trigger any reports for FSDb.

At the end of the day, I trust that they know what they're doing and are able to get the data they need from us to improve whatever they're currently working on, but it's still frustrating from my perspective. Help me help you, Tesla! :)

One example - leaving my development, FSDb always stops WAY ahead of the stop sign, then slowly creeps up to an actually useful spot where you can actually see traffic. I'd like to hit the accelerator to say "No, don't stop here, go up further first", but sometimes FSDb reads that as "Oh, we're passed the stopping point and he's pressing the accelerator so I guess we're clear to go!" and takes off.

Usually this does not happen to me, but yes. But at that point you just hit the brake, problem solved.

I typically tap the stalk first to disengage, but that apparently doesn't trigger any reports for FSDb.

That’s up to Tesla though. I do stalk disengagements all the time because the car is not slowing down, basically at every traffic light on slight downhills, and the car stops extremely smoothly with FSD off. They can generate reports if it is important. I don’t worry about it - Tesla will get all the information they need; whatever they have set up will function as coded. It doesn’t matter; nothing matters.

Just drive normally and don’t worry about it. The closer you drive to normal, the better the information that Tesla will get.

Last edited:
Has Teslascope referred to single stack / FSD Beta 11 as the same as wide release / toggle? I'm pretty sure they're well aware of the difference, but the confusion for some people is probably because both milestones have been targeting end-of-year release. It might end up being the same single release as a Holiday Update Part 2, but time is indeed running out for either one to happen this year let alone both.

Here's a quick summary of the two milestones. Single stack / FSD Beta 11 is referring to having FSD Beta's city streets driving behavior replace the legacy highway driving that has powered Navigate on Autopilot, and Autopilot team has been working towards this since July 2021 incrementally adding capabilities as part of FSD Beta 10.x. Wide release / toggle is referring to the likely end of the "safety score" testing group that started with FSD Beta 10.2 in October 2021 where people needed to push a request button and wait for Tesla to push separate software to the vehicle, and instead the regular production vehicle software would go to "everybody" like before FSD Beta and include a toggle in the Autopilot settings screen to directly enable "Full Self-Driving (Beta)" without waiting for separate software.

To be clear, since November, Tesla has deployed single stack wider than internal alpha testing to a group of stricter NDA employees while the intent of wide release has basically happened with the removal of Safety Score and Autopilot mileage checks although the user experience of needing to push the request button and checkboxes then wait isn't ideal.

There's just 10 days left in 2022 for Tesla reach these milestones of deploying single stack to more than a tiny percentage of vehicles and achieving actually wide release to the probably small percentage of vehicles that can't use FSD Beta yet (e.g., those who didn't want to accept the terms when requesting limited early access FSD Beta, vehicles with "too new" vehicle software, vehicles with older hardware like MCU1, vehicles that had too many FSD Beta strikes).
I understand what you're saying but that's not what I meant - and I mixed up Teslascope and Notatesla to add to the confusion :D

It does seem like you can't buy ANYTHING without there being a subscription attached or offered. I have very few (Apple music, Peloton) because I think they're a BS way of doing business. If you want my business, provide a good product with good customer service and I'll stay a loyal customer!

As far as MyQ and Homelink, i thought the same thing, that the non-Homelink cars would get MyQ. My wife has a 2022 M3LR and I have the 2021 MSLR and she does not have Homelink but I do. So I was hopeful that she could stop carrying 3 remotes in her car and use the MyQ to at least work two of the doors. But I now have Homelink and MyQ in the MS and I'm not sure what I really get from the MyQ except in can tell me (if I pay money) in the car whether my garage door is up or down.

But I also use Aqara sensors throughout my home, garage, etc., and I can tell you if any door is open, if there is a water leak, even if a mouse farts, so I will end up disabling the MyQ in the car or simply not renewing the subscription at the first point where they want to charge me money.