Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The people that drive me the craziest are the ones who pull in to a handicapped spot, then put the permit on the rear view mirror at like a 7 eleven, then jump out of the car, run in, grabs some smokes, and then jump back in the car and leave.
I feel like just parking behind them and making them stay for a fellow officer to arrive...
There are moments in life when it is helpful to have a tire valve core removal tool at your disposal. Not that I would know anything about that.

Yes, I got the Christmas update. But I won't be driving it until tomorrow.

Reactions: jebinc
Drive#2 today with the update and I’d have to say it was an epic failure!

During a short, 20-minute drive into town I noticed some of the “basics” that I’ve come to expect. For example, on unpainted, rural roads the car wants to ride in the center of the lane instead of keeping to the right side. This includes going over rises in the roadway. The car also is very confused by cows and trash cans. Seeing both as “threats” and swerving away from them as though they were lions ready to pounce.

Sadly, these norms still occur and don’t bother me all that much. I understand that rural driving will take time for the programmers to figure out.

However, once I got into town I had high expectation and they were dashed at the edge of town as the speed limit changes on the roadway from 60mph to 45mph then 30mph. Honestly, the point where the 60 becomes 40 it seems a little too fast of a speed limit and today I rolled the speed down and “commanded” 50mph. Absolutely no change in speed. None! I scrolled to 45, nada. Then I passed the 45mph speed limit sign and the car set to 51 (I have 6 over programmed) and it slowly backed down.

At the 30mph sign I allowed the car to decelerate itself to see if it would do any better. Not a chance. Two blocks later it abruptly slowed for a stop sign.

I turned there and came to another stop sign further down and after stopping appropriately the car crept forward, activated the blinker - which made NO sense because we were going straight, then stopped creeping forward smack in the middle of the intersection. Luckily with no other traffic.

The coup de grace of the short drive was the final turn off the roadway onto my final street for my destination. With a single pickup truck oncoming my car moved into the center turn lane, activated the blinker, I watched as the oncoming pickup truck turned “blue” in the screen and then IT TURNED IN FRONT OF THE TRUCK, forcing me to slam on the brake and the other driver to take an evasive lane change.

I don’t know what’s going on but this was unexpected and unacceptable!! Weird quirks today.

Drive#2 today with the update and I’d have to say it was an epic failure!

During a short, 20-minute drive into town I noticed some of the “basics” that I’ve come to expect. For example, on unpainted, rural roads the car wants to ride in the center of the lane instead of keeping to the right side. This includes going over rises in the roadway. The car also is very confused by cows and trash cans. Seeing both as “threats” and swerving away from them as though they were lions ready to pounce.

Sadly, these norms still occur and don’t bother me all that much. I understand that rural driving will take time for the programmers to figure out.

However, once I got into town I had high expectation and they were dashed at the edge of town as the speed limit changes on the roadway from 60mph to 45mph then 30mph. Honestly, the point where the 60 becomes 40 it seems a little too fast of a speed limit and today I rolled the speed down and “commanded” 50mph. Absolutely no change in speed. None! I scrolled to 45, nada. Then I passed the 45mph speed limit sign and the car set to 51 (I have 6 over programmed) and it slowly backed down.

At the 30mph sign I allowed the car to decelerate itself to see if it would do any better. Not a chance. Two blocks later it abruptly slowed for a stop sign.

I turned there and came to another stop sign further down and after stopping appropriately the car crept forward, activated the blinker - which made NO sense because we were going straight, then stopped creeping forward smack in the middle of the intersection. Luckily with no other traffic.

The coup de grace of the short drive was the final turn off the roadway onto my final street for my destination. With a single pickup truck oncoming my car moved into the center turn lane, activated the blinker, I watched as the oncoming pickup truck turned “blue” in the screen and then IT TURNED IN FRONT OF THE TRUCK, forcing me to slam on the brake and the other driver to take an evasive lane change.

I don’t know what’s going on but this was unexpected and unacceptable!! Weird quirks today.
Junk.

There are moments in life when it is helpful to have a tire valve core removal tool at your disposal. Not that I would know anything about that.

Yes, I got the Christmas update. But I won't be driving it until tomorrow.
There are far more people cheating the handicap placard/license plate system than regular people who temporary park in handicap spots, with other handicap spots near by that are clearly available. Are you going to remove tire valve stems from their cars too? Based on your judgement of their disability level? Instead of the childish vandalism approach, if you find yourself in a situation where you are disabled and need the handicap spot, but it’s taken by someone who’s unauthorized to park there, contact the local authorities and let them deal with the issue.

Definitely not impressed or happy about it. The drive back was not as eventful but I made a point to take the “loop” around town to get out of town and with a 70mph posted speed limit on the loop the car did great UNTIL the speed limit changed to 55mph where, out of morbid curiosity I let the car slow on its’ own from a selected 75mph to the 5 over the limit of 60mph. This took exactly 0.5 miles to slow 15mph. Absolutely unacceptable.

Getting back on topic....

First drive on 10.69.25. Some good, some bad.

On TX-66, the car passed up the opportunity to incorrectly shift into a left turn only lane mid-block that has been a reliable regression under 10.69.3.1. And, it correctly made the turn from TX-66 onto the Bush Turnpike Frontage Rd then managed to shift two lanes left and enter the turnpike with no interventions. Over the last year, every time this has been fixed, the car manages to find a new way to fail here. So, it passed both of these problem areas once in a row. Not good enough to call fixed, but promising.

However, if the car is in the left lane of a multi-lane highway (not NOA), the car still likes to jump into a left turn only lane that opens up as you approach an intersection. This has been curious behavior since the car intends to continue straight and there is no reason for the car to conclude that it is compelled to use it. After all, if the car is now in a middle lane, it should be able to assume that the lane will continue straight through the intersection. Neural networks are fun...

Had to use accelerator a couple time to hurry the car up to make a merge out of an ending lane. When there is a car in the lane we want, but too close to us, the car gets stuck - especially if its moving at close to the max speed. Tesla needs to add an exemption to the max speed that permits the car to briefly exceed it a little bit to get enough space for a lane change. That's what humans do and what other cars expect.

I had a couple interactions with other cars on residential unlaned roads that went fine. I didn't feel that the car was too far left and was not uncomfortable.

I did have some unexpected slowdown for an overhead blinking yellow light on a highway using FSDb. The previous version would slow very slightly for this light, but not enough to be a concern or warrant intervention. This time I had to use the accelerator to override the braking action.

NOA on a high-speed 2-lane road was unchanged from previous versions. Worked fine except for annoying wandering within the lane. At no time did the car attempt to cross the lane divider, nor did I feel like it might.

I played a bit with the new auto-cancel turn signals. They worked as intended, but I only had a couple uses as I ride on FSDb almost all the time where they would be useful.

I do have one gripe about the GUI. As it sits today, the ADAS indicators are scattered even further around the display than before. The blue wheel is at top left, the TACC max speed is near the top center and the NOA indicator is now at the very bottom center. I think that Tesla needs to put some thought into how to unify these indicators into the same location on the display. I don't know the solution, but there has to be a better way than scattering them around. Related items should be grouped together.

Definitely not impressed or happy about it. The drive back was not as eventful but I made a point to take the “loop” around town to get out of town and with a 70mph posted speed limit on the loop the car did great UNTIL the speed limit changed to 55mph where, out of morbid curiosity I let the car slow on its’ own from a selected 75mph to the 5 over the limit of 60mph. This took exactly 0.5 miles to slow 15mph. Absolutely unacceptable.
Been more than a year of just churn. Some stuff is worse than last fall and some better. Endless churn to not L3 or beyond.

I agree with the slow down issue. It's been this way forever and needs some attention. On my drive today, I had lead cars for each reduced speed zones, so the car had no opportunity to slow down on its own. But, I was not expecting any improvement and sorry to see that there is none. The best that can be done is to mitigate the problem by disengaging and letting the car slow before reengaging.

Getting back on topic....

First drive on 10.69.25. Some good, some bad.

On TX-66, the car passed up the opportunity to incorrectly shift into a left turn only lane mid-block that has been a reliable regression under 10.69.3.1. And, it correctly made the turn from TX-66 onto the Bush Turnpike Frontage Rd then managed to shift two lanes left and enter the turnpike with no interventions. Over the last year, every time this has been fixed, the car manages to find a new way to fail here. So, it passed both of these problem areas once in a row. Not good enough to call fixed, but promising.

However, if the car is in the left lane of a multi-lane highway (not NOA), the car still likes to jump into a left turn only lane that opens up as you approach an intersection. This has been curious behavior since the car intends to continue straight and there is no reason for the car to conclude that it is compelled to use it. After all, if the car is now in a middle lane, it should be able to assume that the lane will continue straight through the intersection. Neural networks are fun...

Had to use accelerator a couple time to hurry the car up to make a merge out of an ending lane. When there is a car in the lane we want, but too close to us, the car gets stuck - especially if its moving at close to the max speed. Tesla needs to add an exemption to the max speed that permits the car to briefly exceed it a little bit to get enough space for a lane change. That's what humans do and what other cars expect.

I had a couple interactions with other cars on residential unlaned roads that went fine. I didn't feel that the car was too far left and was not uncomfortable.

I did have some unexpected slowdown for an overhead blinking yellow light on a highway using FSDb. The previous version would slow very slightly for this light, but not enough to be a concern or warrant intervention. This time I had to use the accelerator to override the braking action.

NOA on a high-speed 2-lane road was unchanged from previous versions. Worked fine except for annoying wandering within the lane. At no time did the car attempt to cross the lane divider, nor did I feel like it might.

I played a bit with the new auto-cancel turn signals. They worked as intended, but I only had a couple uses as I ride on FSDb almost all the time where they would be useful.

I do have one gripe about the GUI. As it sits today, the ADAS indicators are scattered even further around the display than before. The blue wheel is at top left, the TACC max speed is near the top center and the NOA indicator is now at the very bottom center. I think that Tesla needs to put some thought into how to unify these indicators into the same location on the display. I don't know the solution, but there has to be a better way than scattering them around. Related items should be grouped together.
I agree, especially with " Related items should be grouped together."

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Did this latest update break NoA for anyone else? I found the lane change confirmations to be re-enabled for some reason - thought it was a fluke, turned off the confirmations, and literally the next drive they are back on. :(
Can you check if this is the case with other settings? Some are having problems with seat configs being reset or changed. Do you have multiple Teslas? Curious if this is a cloud sync issue.

Reactions: FSDtester#1