Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The excessive inconsistency from drive to drive makes all drives a white knuckle experience. You just never when it’s going to go nuts.
I also had a successful no intervention drive today ( short distance and little traffic) but I agree that what happened today does not predict what will happen tomorrow. Inconsistency is the problem. What I can say is that on good, well marked dry roads with little traffic and no unusual situations FSD will perform well.

I also had a successful no intervention drive today ( short distance and little traffic) but I agree that what happened today does not predict what will happen tomorrow. Inconsistency is the problem. What I can say is that on good, well marked dry roads with little traffic and no unusual situations FSD will perform well.
Sounds like what I tell people asking me about a Tesla. I say "As with any cutting-edge technology, it is like a Clint Eastwood movie. A combination of GOOD, BAD, and UGLY." :D

There has been a lot of hype about FSD and I can see how someone might think it was ok to use on snow. How many people read the directions before using their new car? There does need to be some training on the use of FSD, even if just a short video, before allowing its use.
And even then weather conditions can change during the drive. It might look nice outside but no longer at sea level and there's black ice near roadside trees or on overpasses.

I’d like to see how FSDb handles a police car chase. Any volunteers? Please post video footage whether saved from car cameras or news helicopter.
it depends, are the police on foot or cycling?

actually <puts sensible head on for a second>
Doesn't the car react to flashing police lights and slow down?
<puts cynical head back on>

Don't know if an update needs "settle time" - but I just had my first no-takeover drive in a month or two. (69.25)
No interventions, not even an accelerator prod. One UPL onto a 55mph road, filter lanes, flashing yellow UPL, unmarked road and it turned into my driveway. A-maze-ing.
Of course, it slowed down to 15mph approaching a green light to make a right turn.
On the fast UPL, the wheel was spinning left then right in fury on indecision, indicator flashing left, then stopping, then left again. Then it chose an appropriate time to go and went for it impressively well.
Straight after that it quickly got up to speed, except it was toward a red light. It kept accelerating before braking hard for the light, probably because it can't anticipate what is too far away.
Most of the long corners and straights are very well done, while most of the junctions start well but have minor corrections like make it feel unsure (that teenager again)
Overall, first intervention free drive in a while, sometimes very competent, sometimes driven by that teenager on their second drive.
I think many here think us who joke about its performance want it to fail.
That couldn't be further from the truth. We all collectively want it to succeed.
So great post @Twiglett ... Some good drives are nice to hear about.
Btw, the reason I don't complain much is because most (yes, I said most) of my drives are 0 take overs and interventions are me just being courteous to someone behind me while hw3 is thinking and I tap the go pedal. I use it 100% of the time in all weather. Think about it like this. Do you really think you are a better driver when in manual vs. having beta driving while you vigilantly watch it? You aren't. As long as eyes are forward with hands on the wheel or yoke.
I was driving 2 days ago merging and someone not paying attention started to come into my lane. I didn't see it. Beta did and moved me into the next lane. Worst part was the other driver didn't know beta just saved him from paying $$$ for a bad lane change. So let's use it now for what it is, a testing system that will get better over time. I am willing to bet in the next month hw4 will be announced with 2 extra cameras near the headlights and maybe 2 near the rear lights. That system would have the compute to eventually solve fsd. I think this because Tesla is seriously drawing down their inventory because of the Osborne effect.
YMMV. I am sober at the moment, later today no guarantees!

Was this since November? No indications of actually smart summon yet? Was this in an area with parking aisles or in an open area?
Good questions. It was in August. Yes, it was in an area of the airport with parking lines on the road. Summon and parking features have not yet ever been very rewarding experiences for me. Kidding about almost killing a coyote, but it sure did give him a scare. :oops:

Keep in mind, with all the new testers they are collecting huge amounts of data, which will help us all moving forward

Good questions. It was in August. Yes, it was in an area of the airport with parking lines on the road. Summon and parking features have not yet ever been very rewarding experiences for me. Kidding about almost killing a coyote, but it sure did give him a scare. :oops:
This is the reason for the A.S.S comments... Elon started it when people started asking "When are we going to get Actual Smart Summon?"

He said coming soon, so 2024?

Hmmmm, you might be showing some age. :) I bet many people here don't know what you mean by the Osborne effect. Yes, I get it, and agree with those other comments too.
As Indiana Jones said... " It ain't the years, it's the mileage" !

Edit: My odometer rolled to 0000000 years ago.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of hype about FSD and I can see how someone might think it was ok to use on snow. How many people read the directions before using their new car? There does need to be some training on the use of FSD, even if just a short video, before allowing its use.
I agree.

Cynical PDubs applies:
What’s the #1 rule for flying a plane? to driving too. lol

Or my favorite question I apply to almost everything, “what’s the worst that could happen?”

If you have any positive input why not provide your experiences so we can discuss? You shouldn't be on a waiting list anymore.
I'm learning from more mature experience of forum members and reading previous thread as well as hours upon hours of FSD beta you tube video rather than whining and contributing nothing to the experience. I will provide my input when I have positive thing to contribute. Again, I rather not go into arguing about not arguing.

I have been using ADAS since 2014 with different OEM and Openpilot. I have one rule, test drive a route/use case very carefully before being more comfortable with letting the car do it, much like teaching a new driver how to drive.

Last edited:
Sounds like what I tell people asking me about a Tesla. I say "As with any cutting-edge technology, it is like a Clint Eastwood movie. A combination of GOOD, BAD, and UGLY." :D
I always ask folks what their expectation is. The usual answer is "Can the car really drive itself", probably because of that stupid FSD name. But public perception is 180 from reality. When they get to experience it, they got from OMG that is amazing to OMG why does it do that ;)
I think many here think us who joke about its performance want it to fail.
That couldn't be further from the truth. We all collectively want it to succeed.
So great post @Twiglett ... Some good drives are nice to hear about.
Btw, the reason I don't complain much is because most (yes, I said most) of my drives are 0 take overs and interventions are me just being courteous to someone behind me while hw3 is thinking and I tap the go pedal. I use it 100% of the time in all weather. Think about it like this. Do you really think you are a better driver when in manual vs. having beta driving while you vigilantly watch it? You aren't. As long as eyes are forward with hands on the wheel or yoke.
I was driving 2 days ago merging and someone not paying attention started to come into my lane. I didn't see it. Beta did and moved me into the next lane. Worst part was the other driver didn't know beta just saved him from paying $$$ for a bad lane change. So let's use it now for what it is, a testing system that will get better over time. I am willing to bet in the next month hw4 will be announced with 2 extra cameras near the headlights and maybe 2 near the rear lights. That system would have the compute to eventually solve fsd. I think this because Tesla is seriously drawing down their inventory because of the Osborne effect.
YMMV. I am sober at the moment, later today no guarantees!
Agreed, when its good its very good, but it keeps letting that darned teenager get hold of the controls and that's where I always take over.
I'm a combination of hopeful and fearful for V11 and the merge. Hopeful because one stack should be simpler and maybe give them more compute/storage for more real FSD improvements. But also fearful because the idea of the good driver being replaced by that teenager on the highway scares the hell out of me.