Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get it mate. I also get somebody waiting for months to get FSD and they finally do, when there’s snow covered roads. I’d try it out too for giggles.
I would have to have a few drinks first to have the nerve for it, but that would be even more dangerous and illegal 😅! So if someone wants to test it, I would only try it where there is nobody on the road and at 15 mph or less.

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs
When was the last time you tried the automatic high beams? I was one of the ones who bitched loudly about how bad they were, and how likely they were to cause road rage with other drivers.

I don't know exactly when it changed, but somewhere within the last few releases it went from terrible to good, maybe even very good. I'm not sure I'd say that it's excellent yet, but it is much, much better than it used to be. Give it another try.
yes, I noticed the same in the last week, but I didn't say anything about it as I thought it was just my imagination.

I have no clue why my Tesla AP decided a sunny weather to be "poor weather detected" and alerted that NOA was unavailable. It did that few times on my drive today when it was sunny. It was a balmy 33F when I drove.

PXL_20221226_162744441.jpg

Had a longish drive today. No disengagements… except at the end disengaged at small roundabouts because someone was behind.

Again most of the turns were good with no crazy acceleration. BTW, I use Chill.

At one of the roundabouts it waited for a car coming from left … so may be they have fixed that. Will need more testing.

One more thing. The alternate route thing continues to be useful. I can select my preferred routes.

ps : When I say longish drive, I mean to & fro. On the way out, no disengagements -may be for the first time on that route.

pps : FSD actually waited at the traffic light where there is a clear sign saying no right turn on red. Looks like a new thing ... I don't remember FSD honoring "no turn on red". Probably something in the map metadata that they honor now ?

Last edited:
I have no clue why my Tesla AP decided a sunny weather to be "poor weather detected" and alerted that NOA was unavailable. It did that few times on my drive today when it was sunny. It was a balmy 33F when I drove.

View attachment 889074
2 problems for me. First were the B-pillar cameras being blinded by the sun. Yesterday and again today from 1pm to 1:30pm on 2 different highways and different B-pillar cameras. 28F.

Second, yesterday wipers went on and I had difficulty getting them to stop. They never washed the window just swiped. Tried different things and ended up disabling/enabling FSD several times. Then in between changing to manual wiper control. Never had anything like this happen before. Went on for about 15 minutes.

FSD typically disables itself whenever it rains moderately on the highway or city/streets. Latest release of FSD continues to have odd problems.

My car has uploaded basically zilch to the mothership. Are they done caring about this version's data from us peons already? Maybe we're closer to getting something new than we think?

Same! Was curious if anyone else had noticed this as well. Mine hasn't totally stopped BTW, but was quite a bit lower.

I could mean they've got enough telemetry from these releases and have shifted focus fully to V11.x. That kind of makes sense - as of 10.69.3.1 they released it pretty widely and haven't made huge changes in a few months, so that's been quite a bit of time to collect data. Over time as V11.x progresses presumably it diverges further and further from what us public testers are driving, so I'd speculate the telemetry from our cars gets less valuable over time. And presumably they're expanding internal V11.x testing too, so maybe they've reached a point where that's a sufficiently large source of data.

Or I'm wildly over-reading into this and they're just doing some system maintenance on the data ingestion pipelines and turned it off temporarily.

Same! Was curious if anyone else had noticed this as well. Mine hasn't totally stopped BTW, but was quite a bit lower.

I could mean they've got enough telemetry from these releases and have shifted focus fully to V11.x. That kind of makes sense - as of 10.69.3.1 they released it pretty widely and haven't made huge changes in a few months, so that's been quite a bit of time to collect data. Over time as V11.x progresses presumably it diverges further and further from what us public testers are driving, so I'd speculate the telemetry from our cars gets less valuable over time. And presumably they're expanding internal V11.x testing too, so maybe they've reached a point where that's a sufficiently large source of data.

Or I'm wildly over-reading into this and they're just doing some system maintenance on the data ingestion pipelines and turned it off temporarily.
Agree 100%, great post 📫

• Love
Reactions: Pdubs and gsmith123

I have noticed that data upload totals depend on where I drive. For example, I live in the Dallas area and after getting 10.69.25, I drove about an hour through some rural towns. Later that day, my car uploaded about 4 GB total. Two days later, I drove about an hour in the Dallas metroplex. Virtually no data was uploaded.

It's very likely that cars are tasked to upload based on where they drive and/or what situations they encounter. If you are driving roads that are frequented by Teslas, then there's probably already data for whatever your car encounters. But drive out where few Teslas venture and you may collect some useful stuff.

I have noticed that data upload totals depend on where I drive. For example, I live in the Dallas area and after getting 10.69.25, I drove about an hour through some rural towns. Later that day, my car uploaded about 4 GB total. Two days later, I drove about an hour in the Dallas metroplex. Virtually no data was uploaded.

It's very likely that cars are tasked to upload based on where they drive and/or what situations they encounter. If you are driving roads that are frequented by Teslas, then there's probably already data for whatever your car encounters. But drive out where few Teslas venture and you may collect some useful stuff.

Agreed. However, I haven't substantially changed where I'm driving and still saw less telemetry recorded! Will be interesting to see how the rest of this week goes.

Second, yesterday wipers went on and I had difficulty getting them to stop. They never washed the window just swiped.
This is something I've noted several times. I would strongly suggest an option to force Auto wipers to spray at least once when first engaged on any drive.

I have years of experience seeing windshields get damaged by dry-wiping the gritty dust layer. I'm sure some people wouldn't like it if they don't live in an area where this is a big problem - so make it an optional behavior.

2 problems for me. First were the B-pillar cameras being blinded by the sun. Yesterday and again today from 1pm to 1:30pm on 2 different highways and different B-pillar cameras. 28F.

Second, yesterday wipers went on and I had difficulty getting them to stop. They never washed the window just swiped. Tried different things and ended up disabling/enabling FSD several times. Then in between changing to manual wiper control. Never had anything like this happen before. Went on for about 15 minutes.

FSD typically disables itself whenever it rains moderately on the highway or city/streets. Latest release of FSD continues to have odd problems.
Yeah. The windshield wiper was going crazy when it was not raining or no water condensation on the windshield. We did not have any rain or snow for the last 3-4 days and it was very dry.
As you mentioned, I turned off the wiper as it was annoying to see wiper moving fast when there was no need. The AP came after few mins but only to indicate the same alert subsequently. I ignored and drove with wiper turned off. Sometime later, I got an alert that stated something to the effect of the windshield wipers are being cleaned for camera vision or something like that.
It was probably due to some light reflection as it did not do that on my way back home later in the afternoon.
I think it is possible that the washer fluid was frozen and nothing got sprayed but the wiper was doing it's job of wiping. We had temps around 9F- 25F the last few days and my car was parked in my driveway.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I think it is possible that the washer fluid was frozen and nothing got sprayed but the wiper was doing it's job of wiping. We had temps around 9F- 25F the last few days and my car was parked in my driveway.
In the store, you can choose washer fluid with or without antifreeze additive. I think the kind without is usually marked 32° F, and it's what I usually buy because I think it's easier to formulate as a non-streaking recipe without the glycol additive.

I don't know whether the Tesla factory washer fluid is formulated for below-freezing temps. The manual does say that you should use antifreeze washer fluid if you are in a cold climate. It also advises against the use of bug-wash or water-repellent formulas.