Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an opinion but No amount of cameras, radars etc are going to accommodate a system that reads the lines of the road when they are covered or partially covered in snow.
I’ve actually been pretty impressed with how well the system estimates the edges of the road even when everything is covered in snow. Of course, in really bad conditions when you can’t tell where the edge is at all you often end up Driving as close as you can to the center of the road (except when you meet on oncoming car) just because you don’t want to end up in the ditch. It will be a long time before FSD can handle that…

In the store, you can choose washer fluid with or without antifreeze additive. I think the kind without is usually marked 32° F, and it's what I usually buy because I think it's easier to formulate as a non-streaking recipe without the glycol additive.

I don't know whether the Tesla factory washer fluid is formulated for below-freezing temps. The manual does say that you should use antifreeze washer fluid if you are in a cold climate. It also advises against the use of bug-wash or water-repellent formulas.
My car was delivered end of Feb this year and I am not sure if Tesla used any fluid with antifreeze. I checked the manual and as you said that's where I saw for temps below to use fluid with antifreeze. It was 33F at that time and it seemed like no fluid came.

I have noticed that data upload totals depend on where I drive. For example, I live in the Dallas area and after getting 10.69.25, I drove about an hour through some rural towns. Later that day, my car uploaded about 4 GB total. Two days later, I drove about an hour in the Dallas metroplex. Virtually no data was uploaded.

It's very likely that cars are tasked to upload based on where they drive and/or what situations they encounter. If you are driving roads that are frequented by Teslas, then there's probably already data for whatever your car encounters. But drive out where few Teslas venture and you may collect some useful stuff.
Interesting...in my case yesterday, I did some city driving in Maryland that I don't typically drive, and a lot of backroad/mountainous driving in PA. The backroad stuff typically generates a lot of data, and I imagine, as you said, not a lot of Teslas pass through there, let alone Teslas using FSD. Still, neither generated anything to upload, despite tons of interventions on my part.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
1672147875102.png

FSD Beta Newbie here. I finally received my FSD during the holiday update and have played with it a few times. I had my first real trip this morning on the way to work, still dark out and light traffic. I had to take control as the navigation was going to miss my freeway exit by three lanes and I feared that FSD would pull a Mad Max to get over to the exit. I had to cut 3 lanes of traffic to get off. I have read in the past that there is some sort of report button for just these scenarios but could not find it. Is it still there and how do I report bugs?

Reactions: Pdubs
I have read in the past that there is some sort of report button for just these scenarios but could not find it. Is it still there and how do I report bugs?
We used to have such a button but no longer. Only employees/influencers are able to communicate bugs to Tesla. We assume they have alternative means to discover them.

FYI - on limited access highways you are still using Nav on Autopilot, not FSD. Two different pieces of software independent of one another. The "v11" soon to possibly be released combines highway with the FSD stack. Although it's not clear to me exactly which release that is. Teslafi at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker shows the below with "v11" identified as 2022.44.26.5 but an apparently older FSD of 10.69.25.1 on a newer release of 2022.44.30.5. Not real clear to me which is the real "v11". To date these appear to be employees only.

Screenshot_20221227-102027_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

FSD Beta Newbie here. I finally received my FSD during the holiday update and have played with it a few times. I had my first real trip this morning on the way to work, still dark out and light traffic. I had to take control as the navigation was going to miss my freeway exit by three lanes and I feared that FSD would pull a Mad Max to get over to the exit. I had to cut 3 lanes of traffic to get off. I have read in the past that there is some sort of report button for just these scenarios but could not find it. Is it still there and how do I report bugs?
There is no longer a report button. If you're on a highway with a speed limit above 65 mph remember to select the highway icon on the lower left of the navigation bar so that Nav. on Auto pilot will take the exit. I turn on the requirement to require my approval before lane changing this will help eliminate lane changes you do not want when using N o A but it does not work on FSD . There are two different auto drive systems FSD is only for roads with speed limits less than 65 and NoA for highway above 65. and you must select NoA for it to operate. It's confusing.

Ah! Thank you. That makes a whole lot of sense as to why I almost blew by my offramp. Has Tesla documented anywhere on how to use the FSD Beta or is it by the seat of my almost soiled pants?
Other than the skimpy welcome message and release notes in the car, there is no official FSDb how-to from Tesla. But, it's pretty much like using NOA except that it works on city streets. Some known deficiencies are that it does not read signs other than speed limit, stop and yield signs. So, it will ignore school zones, school buses, not turn on red signs, most speed bumps, etc. It may help to watch some you tube videos to get some familiarity. Be wary at all times, of course. And don't be afraid to take over if you are uncomfortable with whatever the car is doing. It does take some getting used to, especially when the car is creeping to the edge of an intersection to get some visibility.

Other than the skimpy welcome message and release notes in the car, there is no official FSDb how-to from Tesla. But, it's pretty much like using NOA except that it works on city streets. Some known deficiencies are that it does not read signs other than speed limit, stop and yield signs. So, it will ignore school zones, school buses, not turn on red signs, most speed bumps, etc. It may help to watch some you tube videos to get some familiarity. Be wary at all times, of course. And don't be afraid to take over if you are uncomfortable with whatever the car is doing. It does take some getting used to, especially when the car is creeping to the edge of an intersection to get some visibility.
I've noticed there is now a small blue "tutorial" link under the Settings page for Tesla Driver Assist. I didn't notice it before, so it may be a new feature of the recent software updates. Do you guys have the little links under the settings?

Thank you. I already know about dips and speedbumps. That was my first drive on FSDb. I have looked at YTa and there are so many to watch, but they are mostly geared to those who have been using FSDb and nothing really for newbies.

Thank you. I already know about dips and speedbumps. That was my first drive on FSDb. I have looked at YTa and there are so many to watch, but they are mostly geared to those who have been using FSDb and nothing really for newbies.
At the risk of Annoying People Again, I hereby link my post on the subject that, this time, happened to be on the Investors Forum of TMC. It dates from November, but the rules haven't really changed:
  1. FSDb is Very Definitely Not A Finished Product.
  2. It Will Do the Wrong Thing at the Worst Time. That includes getting you killed.
  3. If one is looking for a stress-free life, running around with FSDb is not how one achieves that.
  4. When one picks up the mantel of running FSDb, you're a Beta Tester. Your purpose in life is to get Horribles delivered to Tesla so they can Improve the Product. This particular item tended to make a lot more sense when Tesla gave one a Video Record button for the death-attempting (note: Not "death-defying") things that FSDb would do; the general understanding at the moment is that taking over from the car may trigger something in the car's software that will, under the right circumstances/place/time, send informative clips to the Tesla development group. (People have noted GB of data pushed to Tesla at night. But only sometimes.)
  5. Advantage for you: Mainly, a means to push the package forward to the point where you get a real FSD, rather than an FSDb. Secondarily: A chance to play with squeaky-new, buggy stuff that occasionally pulls off what appear to be miracles.
  6. Having said all of the above: Complaints or no complaints (and there's tons of legit complaints in the forum, not that we ever see any responses from Tesla), FSDb has been getting better over time. My rough personal experience is that interventions have dropped by a factor of one-half to roughly one-quarter since I first got involved back in March. I've occasionally made it 15 miles in NJ, one of the most congested states in the Union, without an intervention. The thinking around here is that Tesla thinks that the software has gotten safe enough that people who have bought the FSD package and want to drive the Beta can do so, without having to prove that they're what Tesla considers to be excellent drivers first (the old Safety Score program). Or, another way to look at it: As horrible as the FSDb can get at the moment, it's probably somewhat safer than a horrible driver.
For you: Go ahead and let the FSDb do its thing if you're interested in being a tester, but be absolutely prepared to take over at any moment, don't relax, and keep your eyes on the road and around you. The software is, as currently implemented, not consistent: there are cases where FSDb will routinely fail at a particular intersection; or fail 1/10 of the time, or 1/3 of the time, or 80% of the time, or once in a blue moon, at random. So just because it worked the last ten times doesn't mean it's going to work on the next.

You've been warned.

Last edited:
At the risk of Annoying People Again, I hereby link my post on the subject that, this time, happened to be on the Investors Forum of TMC. It dates from November, but the rules haven't really changed:
  1. FSDb is Very Definitely Not A Finished Product.
  2. It Will Do the Wrong Thing at the Worst Time. That includes getting you killed.
  3. If one is looking for a stress-free life, running around with FSDb is not how one achieves that.
  4. When one picks up the mantel of running FSDb, you're a Beta Tester. Your purpose in life is to get Horribles delivered to Tesla so they can Improve the Product. This particular item tended to make a lot more sense when Tesla gave one a Video Record button for the death-attempting (note: Not "death-defying") things that FSDb would do; the general understanding at the moment is that taking over from the car may trigger something in the car's software that will, under the right circumstances/place/time, send informative clips to the Tesla development group. (People have noted GB of data pushed to Tesla at night. But only sometimes.)
  5. Advantage for you: Mainly, a means to push the package forward to the point where you get a real FSD, rather than an FSDb. Secondarily: A chance to pay with squeaky-new, buggy stuff that occasionally pulls off what appear to be miracles.
  6. Having said all of the above: Complaints or no complaints (and there's tons of legit complaints in the forum, not that we ever see any responses from Tesla), FSDb has been getting better over time. My rough personal experience is that interventions have dropped by a factor of one-half to roughly one-quarter since I first got involved back in March. I've occasionally made it 15 miles in NJ, one of the most congested states in the Union, without an intervention. The thinking around here is that Tesla thinks that the software has gotten safe enough that people who have bought the FSD package and want to drive the Beta can do so, without having to prove that they're what Tesla considers to be excellent drivers first (the old Safety Score program). Or, another way to look at it: As horrible as the FSDb can get at the moment, it's probably somewhat safer than a horrible driver.
For you: Go ahead and let the FSDb do its thing if you're interested in being a tester, but be absolutely prepared to take over at any moment, don't relax, and keep your eyes on the road and around you. The software is, as currently implemented, not consistent: there are cases where FSDb will routinely fail at a particular intersection; or fail 1/10 of the time, or 1/3 of the time, or 80% of the time, or once in a blue moon, at random. So just because it worked the last ten times doesn't mean it's going to work on the next.

You've been warned.
Thank you. I am aware that I am a tester and expect the worse, but not knowing how to really operate it has been my challenge, but its sinking in fast. The only thing that I dont see is that button to press to report my death to Tesla:cool: LOL

Thank you. I am aware that I am a tester and expect the worse, but not knowing how to really operate it has been my challenge, but its sinking in fast. The only thing that I dont see is that button to press to report my death to Tesla:cool: LOL
Press the little link for the tutorial in your settings page.

not knowing how to really operate it has been my challenge, but its sinking in fast.

Anything in particular you're wondering at this point? At a really high level the basics are pretty straight forward: pay attention and disengage when it starts to do anything unsafe or annoying to other drivers.

IMO, the tricky parts are in changing your mindset to be a good tester. Driving normally you usually have a specific plan of what you're doing in any situation; when testing I think more in terms of what is the acceptable envelope of things FSD might decide to do right now before I intervene (that might be a very narrow range, it might be quite wide if it's safe).

I'd suggest starting your testing in situations with as few cars around as possible.

If it makes you feel any better, the first few weeks for me were terrifying.
Then once I learned where beta usually messes up, I started to anticipate it and gripped harder on the wheel and had my foot closer to the brake.
That goes away in time. Some of us have been using it over a year.
So I am actually more relaxed while using it, while still being hyper vigilant.
The funny thing is kids love it, even when it does something really wrong 😅