Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha! New Youtube idea: FSD as reviewed by a 5 year old who can't drive
While I'm not a true early adopter, I was driving that 2018 M3 around back when Teslas in NJ were relatively rare. As in, "Hey, Spouse! I actually saw another Tesla on the commute today!", and we'd both be surprised.

Driving behind a school bus full of elementary school kids would get a crowd at the rear, all pointing at the M3 and going, "LOOK AT THAT!!". For some reason, kids, more than parents, Really Got It.

Nice while it lasted. The spouse and I still get questions from time to time, but not like the first couple of years.

If it makes you feel any better, the first few weeks for me were terrifying.
Then once I learned where beta usually messes up, I started to anticipate it and gripped harder on the wheel and had my foot closer to the brake.
That goes away in time. Some of us have been using it over a year.
So I am actually more relaxed while using it, while still being hyper vigilant.
The funny thing is kids love it, even when it does something really wrong 😅
Right, well said, you have to retrain your brain a bit, individualized, self-actualized, driver's ed on the flip side of reality........

My mindset is not of a tester but a user of an L2 ADAS not FSD. A driver assistance program that MAY get it right. I would test drive a route first to see if it can handle it, then be aware of how it responds to other drivers. Be prepare to take over the car at any point by having your hands on the steering wheel and foot hovering over the brakes in difficult conditions. Also anticipate to nudge the acceleration from time to time if the car is not sure if it is safe to move forward. Overtime you will realize that turns and intersections is where challenge is greatest.

While I'm not a true early adopter, I was driving that 2018 M3 around back when Teslas in NJ were relatively rare. As in, "Hey, Spouse! I actually saw another Tesla on the commute today!", and we'd both be surprised.

Driving behind a school bus full of elementary school kids would get a crowd at the rear, all pointing at the M3 and going, "LOOK AT THAT!!". For some reason, kids, more than parents, Really Got It.

Nice while it lasted. The spouse and I still get questions from time to time, but not like the first couple of years.
I agree with this 100% before I changed to the Model Y. Teenagers at first were most excited and waved, most adults still had no clue. I had never even seen a M3 when I got mine and the early Model 3's had maybe 20% of the software everyone takes for granted now.
As far as FSD, my grand kids always want me to enable FSD and they have gotten pretty good at letting me know when I'll likely have to take over. Kinda of a game at this point. Since their parents all have Tesla's just not with FSD they like to see how FSD is working or not working. I do stay away from complicated big city driving though with them. (Boston)

Thought I'd post the results of the return drive after my first (in 5-6weeks) no-intervention drive.
The last drive had all sorts of things like UPL on fast roads, flashing yellow left turns etc etc, mostly ok.
However, the return drive, which was much simpler and it was back to the two disengages per mile thing again.
Coming up to a simple right turn with a dedicated turn lane, car ignores the turn lane (but displays the arrows). Had to disengage because cars in the correct turn lane were about to pass on the right.
Very next right turn at a green traffic light, the car treats it like a 4-way stop, disengaged after second honk from the frustrated driver behind.
Long straight road coming to left turn, car signals and signals and signals and signals - disengage and change lanes myself.
Next left turn, a double left at a light, car picks the corner to change lanes while ignoring other traffic - disengage.
Next turn, TADA decides that we really want to follow the slow moving garbage truck (in the middle lane) on a busy, fast road. Ignores the empty right lane even though we will be turning right in the next mile. Disengage to pass.
Next right, another with a dedicated turn lane, car freaks out due to cones - disengage.
Had enough at this point and give up
I knew it was too good to be true.

I forgot to add the 55-40 speed change - car took >.5 mile to get to 45

I have 2022.44.30.5 downloading. I haven't been on the leading edge of an update in a while.
Congratulations, that is a .1 fix. Let us know how it goes. There seems to be a big push on that one right now.

You know your a baller when this comes:

Version 2022.44.25.20​

Full Self Driving Beta Version 11.x​

Only 1 on teslafi at the moment.. Will be interesting to see when the numbers climb

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs and jebinc
Thought I'd post the results of the return drive after my first (in 5-6weeks) no-intervention drive.
The last drive had all sorts of things like UPL on fast roads, flashing yellow left turns etc etc, mostly ok.
However, the return drive, which was much simpler and it was back to the two disengages per mile thing again.
Coming up to a simple right turn with a dedicated turn lane, car ignores the turn lane (but displays the arrows). Had to disengage because cars in the correct turn lane were about to pass on the right.
Very next right turn at a green traffic light, the car treats it like a 4-way stop, disengaged after second honk from the frustrated driver behind.
Long straight road coming to left turn, car signals and signals and signals and signals - disengage and change lanes myself.
Next left turn, a double left at a light, car picks the corner to change lanes while ignoring other traffic - disengage.
Next turn, TADA decides that we really want to follow the slow moving garbage truck (in the middle lane) on a busy, fast road. Ignores the empty right lane even though we will be turning right in the next mile. Disengage to pass.
Next right, another with a dedicated turn lane, car freaks out due to cones - disengage.
Had enough at this point and give up
I knew it was too good to be true.

I forgot to add the 55-40 speed change - car took >.5 mile to get to 45
Will you come back for V11? Just need to know if @Ramphex has a chance of getting future posts deleted 😕

I have 2022.44.30.5 downloading
Interesting that Tesla seems to be doing a 20% rollout of 10.69.25.1 at least based on TeslaFi and Teslascope fleet numbers. This would put these vehicles ahead of the FSD Beta 11 release to employees and at the newest vehicle software currently available by version. Maybe there is some actual FSD Beta functionality changed in this newer version as even not-FSD-Beta holiday update vehicles on 2022.44.25.1/.2/.3 aren't being pushed to 2022.44.30.x?

This version initially was only to recently delivered vehicles that were on 2022.40.x00 factory vehicle software versions or indirectly after getting 2022.44.30 holiday update for those vehicles. Then it expanded to existing S/X testers then older 3/Y. Maybe this current wave will also add more testers to FSD Beta, but so far basically only to those already on 10.69.25?

The biggest help I can toss in here is: It's an assistance feature - you'll be disengaging manually frequently. You'll learn places it works well and places you need to take over and drive yourself. Best analogy I can think of is the old days when cruise control first came out. People loved it, but realized it's not good in some cases like heavier traffic. People would set it and use for awhile until cars slowed down and they'd have to disengage it and drive manually. Then they'd resume later when conditions improved. If you know a school zone is coming or a bus is up ahead with kids getting on and off, disengage and drive manually. Once past it, reengage. Is there a gated community that doesn't work well? Disengage and handle the entrance yourself, then re-engage.

As updates are released, try those places again, especially if the release notes mention an improvement in that area. Adjust your driving patterns to know where and when you'll need to disengage.

Same for Tesla Driver Assist on freeways. If you're approaching a construction zone, especially with lane shifting, disengage until you're past it, then re-engage.

You'll get the hang of it. Also - keep your cameras clean and don't be afraid to recalibrate your cameras if your car starts behaving poorly when it was previously performing better.

Interesting that Tesla seems to be doing a 20% rollout of 10.69.25.1 at least based on TeslaFi and Teslascope fleet numbers. This would put these vehicles ahead of the FSD Beta 11 release to employees and at the newest vehicle software currently available by version. Maybe there is some actual FSD Beta functionality changed in this newer version as even not-FSD-Beta holiday update vehicles on 2022.44.25.1/.2/.3 aren't being pushed to 2022.44.30.x?

This version initially was only to recently delivered vehicles that were on 2022.40.x00 factory vehicle software versions or indirectly after getting 2022.44.30 holiday update for those vehicles. Then it expanded to existing S/X testers then older 3/Y. Maybe this current wave will also add more testers to FSD Beta, but so far basically only to those already on 10.69.25?
I downloaded this 12/24. I heard from one of the YTrs that this may be equivalent in parts to V11.

More interesting Tesla data transfers today. I drove about 6 miles round trip to my local Wally World Supercenter. The car downloaded over 800 MB and uploaded almost 750 MB of data afterward.

For 17 minutes total driving?? And why the huge download? Tidal updating playlists? Tesla downloading new subliminal messages?

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and Dewg
More interesting Tesla data transfers today. I drove about 6 miles round trip to my local Wally World Supercenter. The car downloaded over 800 MB and uploaded almost 750 MB of data afterward.

For 17 minutes total driving?? And why the huge download? Tidal updating playlists? Tesla downloading new subliminal messages?
Depends, what were you doing in the drivers seat that they found so entertaining lol.

All this does is record into the car's data logs. If you take your car in for service and say a bug report is related to your problem they will pull the data log and check it. Other than that it is going into a "black hole".
While Not saying you’re wrong, with all the recent changes we don’t know for a Fact that they are not just as easily downloading the bug report log. Many Assume stuff like this on the forum and it quickly becomes future Fact for some reason.