Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems so simple doesn't it? Tell the difference between a single yellow light and an actual traffic light.
One of my regular trips has three of those flashing yellow warning lights, one is on a 65mph road, the other two are on a 70mph road.
Its so much fun when it tries to stop for them.
FSDb had gotten to where it correctly ignored these overhead flashing lights. NOA, of course, still wanted to stop for them. But FSDb recent versions regressed and sometimes it just hesitates slightly, but other times acts like it's going to stop. Hard to say for sure if it will as I have my foot on the accelerator ready to intervene.

FSDb had gotten to where it correctly ignored these overhead flashing lights. NOA, of course, still wanted to stop for them. But FSDb recent versions regressed and sometimes it just hesitates slightly, but other times acts like it's going to stop. Hard to say for sure if it will as I have my foot on the accelerator ready to intervene.
For me, none of them have worked with flashing yellow on those fast roads. Overriding with the accelerator lets us proceed, but is accompanied by loud warning alerts, flashing screens and a red hands of doom take over now. I used to report it every time but now they've just removed the report button.
My guess is that the wider they threw the net for "early access", the less useful the data became.

Naive question: is there a difference between FSD and FSD beta? Is everyone using FSD on the beta or is there some ‘stable’ version that people get when they subscribe or choose to use it?
I've only heard of FSDbeta. AP and NoA are still 'beta' too.
x9WjCfx.jpg

seems so simple doesn't it? Tell the difference between a single yellow light and an actual traffic light.
One of my regular trips has three of those flashing yellow warning lights, one is on a 65mph road, the other two are on a 70mph road.
Its so much fun when it tries to stop for them.
For the life of me, I can't understand why if they moved the green light ding to autopilot why can't they stop and start the car and green/red light. I''m tired of
hitting the stalk when the light is green ad there is no car within sight

For the life of me, I can't understand why if they moved the green light ding to autopilot why can't they stop and start the car and green/red light. I''m tired of
hitting the stalk when the light is green ad there is no car within sight
True that. I thought it was just a cautious thing but since they do it in FSD it seems like they are trying to provide people motivation to u$e FSD. ;)
At least, I'm pretty sure FSD just goest through green lights based on my dozen of drives. I've used AP for 100s of miles in suburbs before that and it would only go thru a green if I was pretty close to the car in front of me (a feature they added) ... that didn't always seem to work (too far away) or no cars like your post says.

Again, I suspect the reason is a desperate need to hide system latency issues.
Or the inherent uncertainty of NN.

Normally a good systems engineer and/or vehicle integration engineer would have solved this well before the first customer touched the steering wheel (i.e. years ago).
Seriously, are you saying Tesla doesn't have good engineers? Isn't it more likely we don't understand why/how that jerkiness happens ... ?

Yeah degraded in 10.69.3.1. Not sure current status.
Glad to know I'm not going crazy - thanks! I live in a decent sized city but all of our non-major streets are basically like this, big, wide, side street unmarked parking, etc. So FSD Beta has been pretty unusable there. That said, it's been really great on the busier streets and navigating me to the freeway and on from there at least...

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Does anyone feel like it's getting worse rather than better in regards to drifting too far right in very wide lanes like two lane streets with unmarked curb parking? Even worse when it comes to a red light and blocks the ability for people to turn right while basically sitting 5 feet over from the center line. Driving down these streets can also be terrifying since it'll hug parked cars within a couple feet while still being a stone's throw from the center line.
I don't see much change in unmarked roads or distance from parked cars in 69.25 compared to 69.3. But I think you are talking about narrow streets with a center line ... parked cars on the sides ? We don't have much of that in Eastern suburbs I drive most.

In unmarked roads winding roads, FSD will turn less than needed and thus go on the wrong side of the road, but corrects if a car comes from opposite direction. Not unsafe but weird looking behavior.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Had to visit out in the burbs and had a flawless drive AFTER I got on the Interstate (2 disengagements in the city). Some for coming back and only had one disengagement after I got back in the city. Probably drove over 15 miles in the burbs on Beta with no disengagements. World of difference as usual for me in the city vs in the burbs.

Oddity: Was in HOV lane w/NoA (Med traffic) and blanking/staring ahead and got the Hands on Steering Wheel beep. Torqued quickly and immediately got a Remove the Defeat Device warning. Had been driving with hands hovering and only torqued when warned. Why would it immediately go from put hands on the wheel to remove device? I have never once even tried any type of defeat of the system, EVER. Then several of miles later it was a repeat. So I thought I had 2 unwanted strikes against me. I don't see anything about it and not sure. It seems to say I still have 5 left. What am I missing?

IMG_2318 (1).jpeg

Oddity: Was in HOV lane w/NoA (Med traffic) and blanking/staring ahead and got the Hands on Steering Wheel beep. Torqued quickly and immediately got a Remove the Defeat Device warning. Had been driving with hands hovering and only torqued when warned. Why would it immediately go from put hands on the wheel to remove device? I have never once even tried any type of defeat of the system, EVER. Then several of miles later it was a repeat. So I thought I had 2 unwanted strikes against me. I don't see anything about it and not sure. It seems to say I still have 5 left. What am I missing?
Doesn't an actual strike remove AP for the duration of the trip ? Otherwise its just warning.

As with everything else, I guess there will be false positives with weight "device" as well.

I can confirm that the auto wipers are as bad as they've always been.

I found it slightly amusing that I hit up the voice input and said "Report - the wipers SUCK!" and it responded by showing "Turning wipers down by 1" which, to the best of my observation, did absolutely nothing.

I tried it again and again and it refused to report back to the mothership that the wipers suck. I'm guessing they got way to many of those reports and their chosen solution was to disable that report instead of fixing the auto wipers.