Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last example of my benchmark run on this release. Not doing any more after this - the picture is clear!

I see improvements (maybe) in positioning at the ULT. “Maybe” because I need to do a few more tries to see if it really is setting up slightly more to the right.

The stopping for lights and stopped traffic continues to be a massive disaster as we all know. At least that is easy to fix!

One safety intervention - apply accelerator to roll through the right turn with no stop sign, one safety disengagement on ULT due to lack of speed and slowness to turn, three comfort disengagements (all the standard inability to stop smoothly), and a comfort intervention to get through on the yellow (plenty of margin, though it was a close call - notice how much better my reaction time was compared to FSD, though - I had plenty of time to exclaim before FSD braking began, beating FSD by a half second at least - this was a “maintain 50mph” scenario, for sure, entering on yellow).

Total of six in five minutes.

Yep. FSDb's attention span seems to be limited to about 3 seconds in front of the vehicle so it is frequently surprised and its probably less than 3 seconds when there's a lead vehicle. Nobody in their right mind drives like that let alone on a regular basis.

Reactions: DarkForest
You always have to make fixes on the current wide release. Probably different folks working on 69 & v11.

I mean most companies have multiple versions on the market simultaneously and you stop the support only years later ...

That would make sense if there were compatibility issues but I don't recall hearing anything of the sort. Last I heard V11 was intended to be a wide release replacing the 10.69 path.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Maybe the all important nag delete will be included. :)

I actually think this would be pretty great.

I am looking forward to Tesla giving fewer warnings and just striking people out.

Hopefully they’ll just use the camera to check for hands roughly on the wheel (it cannot see the hands or wheel so won’t be perfect but should be quite good).

And then just start delivering strikes.

Probably won’t happen though.

Reactions: kabin and bhakan

I am looking forward to Tesla giving fewer warnings and just striking people out.

Hopefully they’ll just use the camera to check for hands roughly on the wheel (it cannot see the hands or wheel so won’t be perfect but should be quite good).

Rumor has it 10.69.25.2 includes nag delete and strike reset. Nag delete doesn't bugs me like the 30 ft creep, indecisiveness, min regen, harsh braking, erratic steering, steer right to turn left, phantom braking, etc.

Not sure .... lots of false positives will lead to a lot of disgruntled users.

From my drive today (and the other day 25.1) .... I noticed something that is newer. FSDb slows down when a car is coming from a perpendicular road, even though, it is likely to stop before entering the current road because of a stop sign. In both the cases, FSDb slowing down actually surprised the vehicles that were coming from the side (and coming to a stop).

OTOH, the turns seem to be taken at lower speeds and the car doesn't accelerate when turning (unless it is turning infront of an approaching vehicle).

Round abouts also seem to be slightly better - it is waiting for the vehicles coming from the left. Small roundabouts continue to be a problem, FSD comes to a halt thinks about what to do for a couple of seconds before proceeding to navigate somewhat unnaturally.

Not sure .... lots of false positives will lead to a lot of disgruntled users.

True I guess they will only nag if it decides you aren’t paying attention.

My prediction is there will be a nag delete and a lot of people will complain about nags due to continued nags.

The whole “the car nags me” contingent is getting a little tiresome at this point. There seem to be a couple of valid complaints and everyone else is just upset about not people able to use the car the way they want to, or lying.

I am looking forward to only valid nags.

I would really love if Tesla actually updated the release notes between patches. Seems like it's way too easy to conclude things are better when we don't even know if the code has changed:
....but they do. 🤔 People just "placebo" and anecdote the hell out of them. You know there is no real improvement because if there was Elon would give the "update is fire 🔥 " Tweet. No hype Elon Tweet also = MINOR bug fixes.

IMG_2285.jpeg

Last edited:
Why do another .69 release when we are getting 11.3 any day now ??????
This is dumb 😒 or we aren't getting 11 for months
V11.3 will first go to employees, then the YouTube influencers than a slow rollout to the rest of the FSD beta users. For heavens sake, some users are still getting 25.1. Tesla is actually very predicable on how they release FSD so why even ask. Also possible 25.2 has a prerequisite for V11.X.

From my drive today (and the other day 25.1) .... I noticed something that is newer. FSDb slows down when a car is coming from a perpendicular road, even though, it is likely to stop before entering the current road because of a stop sign. In both the cases, FSDb slowing down actually surprised the vehicles that were coming from the side (and coming to a stop).
I have noticed this too especially perpendicular roads coming off restricted highways For me it's actually a little better with 25.1 but still annoying.

OTOH, the turns seem to be taken at lower speeds and the car doesn't accelerate when turning (unless it is turning infront of an approaching vehicle).

Round abouts also seem to be slightly better - it is waiting for the vehicles coming from the left. Small roundabouts continue to be a problem, FSD comes to a halt thinks about what to do for a couple of seconds before proceeding to navigate somewhat unnaturally.

Yep, I experience the side approaching vehicle issue occasionally. For the worst instance I was driving home from Costco surprised with a very hard brake and items flew off the seat. The braking force applied was as if an accident was certain which was far from reality. Fortunately no one was following.

Tight roundabouts are tough in my area. Not sure if it's another challenged field of view issue but for some reason 10.69.25 doesn't have a handle on them and it's even worse for tight dual lane roundabouts where it stops plus adds confused lane changes. At times FSDb seems to punt and tries sharing a lane with another car already in the roundabout.

V11.3 will first go to employees, then the YouTube influencers than a slow rollout to the rest of the FSD beta users. For heavens sake, some users are still getting 25.1. Tesla is actually very predicable on how they release FSD so why even ask. Also possible 25.2 has a prerequisite for V11.X.

Lately they made releases without influencer priority. It could be influencers were at the front of the line for 25.2 for the nag delete feature. I wouldn't expect any significant performance difference let alone design improvements with 25.2.

Lately they made releases without influencer priority. It could be influencers were at the front of the line for 25.2 for the nag delete feature. I wouldn't expect any significant performance difference let alone design improvements with 25.2.
The Omars/Chuck Cooks of the influencers have already got 25.2 consistent with past updates. Agree just bug fixes.

Chuck and others recently tweeted about not being of the initial release.
Recently that did happen to Chuck and he wasn't sure why he had a build problem. But all I can tell you is not since I got FSDbeta in October of 2021 (100% safety group) have I ever gotten a new build before Omar/Chuck or Dirty Tesla. I suspect there is a reason for that and my bet is that will continue with V.x