Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fact that the NHTSA or whatever alphabet agency they are now can’t differentiate between fsd and NoA lowers my faith in them even more
Unless you can find the NHTSA special crash investigation, I would direct your lower faith towards the article author/editor. It seems likely FSD Beta 10.69.3.x version was installed but less clear if it was actually active.

I suspect the article was actually indirectly based on the NHTSA general order.

Didn’t thinks fsd beta is active on highways. Did this person responsible for that accident have v11 and single stack? I doubt it. It all sounds fishy and the fact that the NHTSA or whatever alphabet agency they are now can’t differentiate between fsd and NoA lowers my faith in them even more.
NOA is part of FSD. City Streets FSD, known as FSD beta, is also part of FSD.

FIRST: There is no such thing FSD. NoA is legacy AP with lane changes and exits and nothing anything to do with the FSD Beta Stack.

NoA is included in the Enhanced Autopilot package and FSD Capability package. There is also the FSD Computer BUT no FSD.

Last edited:
OK I'm confused. My understanding is that these are two different systems. NOA is the autopilot that is used on roads with 65 mph and above speed limits and can also have limited use on roads with lower speed limits. FSD is strictly used on roads with speed limits below 65 mph and has the ability to stop and go at traffic light and stop signs without input from driver as well as making turns changing lanes and other stuff. These are currently two different systems, is this correct?

Reactions: Jack Oak
Didn’t thinks fsd beta is active on highways. Did this person responsible for that accident have v11 and single stack? I doubt it. It all sounds fishy and the fact that the NHTSA or whatever alphabet agency they are now can’t differentiate between fsd and NoA lowers my faith in them even more.
My perception: I think we all need to realize that outside of the minutia level we talk about on this forum that everyone else thinks Tesla FSD is the same as (equals) Tesla AutoPilot and they certainly never speak of this magical 3 letter acronym NoA.

OK I'm confused. My understanding is that these are two different systems. NOA is the autopilot that is used on roads with 65 mph and above speed limits and can also have limited use on roads with lower speed limits. FSD is strictly used on roads with speed limits below 65 mph and has the ability to stop and go at traffic light and stop signs without input from driver as well as making turns changing lanes and other stuff. These are currently two different systems, is this correct?
When it rains on the highway enough to affect cameras a message pops up saying FSD may disable which infers their is some integration with the stacks and FSD works on highways not just NoA.

Ha… 😅 Here's a great example of 10.69.25.2 confused by bad map data where navigation believes there's 3 lanes, so it uses heuristics to get into the left-most lane for the left turn.

higgins left.jpg

OpenStreetMap of E Higgins Rd indicates there's 3 lanes with no turn information when there should actually be 6 lanes here and probably with turn:lanes = left | left | through | through | through | right. So FSD Beta doesn't realize it still needs to switch 2 lanes more to the left until it's already too late.

As noted before in this thread. It is possible the GPS was incorrect, which would make the car think it was on a side street. Not only would it then switch to FSD, but it would also explain the odd behavior of changing lanes quickly (after just 1 or 2 blinks) and drastically slowing down, as though it was coming to an intersection, trying to make a turn, or think it is in a parking lot.

I have often had my car behave in this manner due to GPS issues. As stated here: FSD + GPS (in)accuracy = fail

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and old pilot
EVERYONE: There is no such thing as FSD. Here is Tesla's nomenclature

• FSD Capability Package
  • FSD Beta (aka: autosteer on city streets)
  • FSD Computer (aka: HW3)

Please stop using the WRONG term FSD since it is years away.
No need to shout, Capt. Semantics. But it would seem that FSD could be considered an appropriate term that encompasses the Capability Package, Beta and the Computer. And, around here, FSD is commonly used to indicate the software that one can either purchase or rent from Tesla that provides for all of the computer control of steering and speed that Tesla currently offers.

Reactions: Jack Oak
EVERYONE: There is no such thing as FSD. Here is Tesla's nomenclature

• FSD Capability Package
  • FSD Beta (aka: autosteer on city streets)
  • FSD Computer (aka: HW3)

Please stop using the WRONG term FSD since it is years away.

FSD (Full Self Driving/Level 4/5 autonomy) may be years away, but that does not mean that FSD (something completely different representing a product being sold) does not exist.

It’s shorthand for a product they sell. People confuse it with the other FSD.

Anyway it exists, it’s just a name. Doesn’t really matter what it is called (except for the possibility of confusion which may well be an issue).

Reactions: GSP and FSDtester#1
Navigation had me taking a right hand turn and then one tenth of a mile after the turn making a U-Turn in the middle of the road. Car just stopped but I made sure no cars were near me before letting FSD do it's thing. Previously I have just disabled FSD and handled the turn manually but today wanted to see what would really happen. I've never seen this message before.

Unable to Complete Maneuver.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: VanFriscia
Where is the original NHTSA finding ? Can't always go by reports ...

It sure looks like they have ulterior motives as they frequently talk(ed) about their TSLA stock purchases and how it is going to the moon, etc.
As well they 99.99% of the time tag Elon's twitter handle to get attention from his followers.

As well I would read some of their tweets and thought they may be mostly real until I got FSD myself and used it for a few weeks.
I had to stop following them after I realized what was really up ... even tho there were many signs before.
I think the zero takeovers is being used pretty loosely. It regularly does strange and goofy "teenager driver" things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark II