Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Navigation had me taking a right hand turn and then one tenth of a mile after the turn making a U-Turn in the middle of the road. Car just stopped but I made sure no cars were near me before letting FSD do it's thing. Previously I have just disabled FSD and handled the turn manually but today wanted to see what would really happen. I've never seen this message before.

View attachment 897710.
Happened to me too ... Interestingly (this is one of my regular routes), FSDb picked the route with a U-Turn first 2 days after getting 25.1. Never before. But after that, it has been picking the usual route that doesn't have a U-Turn.

Reactions: sleepydoc
You could be right but what makes you believe it will not be .3 since that is the version rumored to come out to non-employees?
Only that 11.3 has been mentioned so often and for quite awhile which makes me think there are fixes piling up. These will be released to limited testers in a .4 version. Then when V11 comes out to broader availability, it will be .4 or maybe .5 to signify a step ahead of what the limited group has been running. The real "V11" release may be identified differently to really set it off from the test versions. But really I have no inside knowledge, it's just my wild-ass-guess loosely based on past history of name changes for fun.

Didn’t thinks fsd beta is active on highways.
Jack, You are correct. Cars with FSD beta revert to standard or enhanced autopilot when they enter a limited access highway. I drove the Bay Bridge recently and confirmed that FSD beta is not available on that stretch, which is Interstate 80.

News reports conflate having FSD beta with it being active. The driver himself may not have noticed the lack of color road edge markings which are there when FSD beta is available, engaged or not.

I am not sure exactly how FSD beta decides availability. I have noticed on Calif Hwy 17 between Santa Cruz and San Jose, it treats the freeway stretch through Scotts Valley as no-FSD beta, but turns beta back on when it starts up the hill and becomes twisty. By the way, FSB beta handles that stretch pretty well, much better than AutoPilot does.

SW

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Ok, I've got a dilemma and need some advice. I'm considering taking a full-time job as an official Tesla FSDb crash test dummy but can't decide if I should start now or wait for the V11 update. Any advice would be appreciated.
That's probably one of the safest careers today. Based on Tesla provided data and senior management they can make FSD so it cannot crash. There's only one entrance requirement involving drinking a colored artificial fruit flavored drink.

Sounds good. I am a bit thirsty. I hope it's Kool-Aid.........

Oh, will all this affect my Twitter account access?
As long as you consume this flavor you will get a dozen free Blue Check marks and retweet by Elon. o_O
Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 4.58.31 PM.png

Round abouts also seem to be slightly better - it is waiting for the vehicles coming from the left. Small roundabouts continue to be a problem, FSD comes to a halt thinks about what to do for a couple of seconds before proceeding to navigate somewhat unnaturally.
I'm glad it's doing better for your roundabouts. Here, it's still a mess. But to be fair, it isn't really the car's fault; our traffic circles are so screwed up that human drivers can't negotiate them correctly. In fact, there's no real way *TO* negotiate them correctly. The road department is slowly getting them fixed, though, so there's that.

I'm not really able to discern any changes this version vs last, honestly.

Navigation had me taking a right hand turn and then one tenth of a mile after the turn making a U-Turn in the middle of the road. Car just stopped but I made sure no cars were near me before letting FSD do it's thing. Previously I have just disabled FSD and handled the turn manually but today wanted to see what would really happen. I've never seen this message before.

View attachment 897710.
Then you're not trying hard enough. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I'm glad it's doing better for your roundabouts. Here, it's still a mess. But to be fair, it isn't really the car's fault; our traffic circles are so screwed up that human drivers can't negotiate them correctly. In fact, there's no real way *TO* negotiate them correctly. The road department is slowly getting them fixed, though, so there's that.

I'm not really able to discern any changes this version vs last, honestly.
I totally agree with you that a sizable minority of Americans don't know how to navigate a roundabout. However, the reality is that roundabouts not only exist, but they are multiplying in the US like rabbits. Multilane roundabouts are an engineering curse on innocent drivers. If an autonomous vehicle can't safely navigate roundabouts, then it isn't truly autonomous. The same is true for fog, snow, heavy rain and slippery roads.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Finally, the wipers are behaving properly. It was raining the last two days and the wipers came on only when it should. After an update at the end of Dec it was cleaning the windshield all the time even when it was sunny. At least, something got fixed after 2022. 44. 30.10.

Also, it took couple of scroll wheel resets to get the door handles to present properly when I would go with the fob/phone.

In this latest update, the planner and navigation seem to have improved. Usually, the car would go to the far right lane from the middle lane and suddenly switch to one of the left lanes in the last minute (Jan 11 trip). It will fail most of the time and I have to take control.
Screenshot_20230111-211808.png
But yesterday, the car decided to be on the extreme right lane and turned right and followed a route which is a better route and the one I take. That was a welcome change.