Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to go out on a limb and guess it won’t solve the insurance score issue. 😂
Well the last version drove much jerkier than my mom, this versions drives smoother than she does. So I would say it is much more "comfortable."

But you are correct, it didn't solve the problem:

1674275086161.png

One ~15 mile drive knocked 4% off my safety score.

I will say that one of the hard braking events was valid, the truck in front slammed on their brakes, so I would have had to perform a hard brake if I was driving manually as well.

Something I noticed on this drive, is that if there is a tall truck in front of you, such that it can't see the traffic lights, it will slow down to almost a stop prior to the stop line, even at green lights, until the truck in front of you clears enough for it to see that the light is really green. (Which I too will do sometimes if I'm not 100% sure the light is green.)

Something I noticed on this drive, is that if there is a tall truck in front of you, such that it can't see the traffic lights, it will slow down to almost a stop prior to the stop line, even at green lights, until the truck in front of you clears enough for it to see that the light is really green. (Which I too will do sometimes if I'm not 100% sure the light is green.)

Seems like around me they put these lights on the side to help with that situation.

g24E1M8.jpg

Reactions: FSDtester#1
But yesterday, the car decided to be on the extreme right lane and turned right and followed a route which is a better route and the one I take. That was a welcome change.
I have to report a similar experience. FSDb some months ago took me on a shortcut I had never before considered. And I had to admit, hey, you know what, that actually was a better way. Now it's my go-to route. I have never been a fan of early GPS systems because so often the suggested route is one a human who knows the streets would never use. If you don't know the streets the GPS will get you there and you will never know there was/is a better overall path. With FSDb however, I just let it do it's thing, you know, to see what weird stuff it might do. Sometimes, not always, it's thing is even better. Sometimes not.......Now if my wife tries to show me a better way to go........well.......that's not exactly happening is it?

My Model Y with FSD engaged turned right on red even though there was a sign that said "no turn on red." I ended up receiving a ticket! Going to be suing Tesla $1M for the inconvenience caused.
And that is why you’re driving, not the car. It’s a Beta product.

FSDb hasn’t been paying attention to those No Turn On Red signs since forever. It’s your job to take over when it does something stupid, and a right on red when that’s illegal is one of those. So is running a red light straight ahead on a three-lane major highway after a full stop and 10 seconds of waiting, which my car tried to do yesterday.

Yeah, you probably had your sarcasm flag on, especially given the Million. But, unfortunately, we do get a fair number of trolls here. And your post was indistinguishable from one of them.

And that is why you’re driving, not the car. It’s a Beta product.

FSDb hasn’t been paying attention to those No Turn On Red signs since forever. It’s your job to take over when it does something stupid, and a right on red when that’s illegal is one of those. So is running a red light straight ahead on a three-lane major highway after a full stop and 10 seconds of waiting, which my car tried to do yesterday.

Yeah, you probably had your sarcasm flag on, especially given the Million. But, unfortunately, we do get a fair number of trolls here. And your post was indistinguishable from one of them.
@YNoVA Is not a troll.. been following him for a while..he has good posts 📫
Now me, @Ramphex , @Pdubs , @jebinc , @PACEMD ...
You can call us any names and we won't defend any of them!!!

You can call any software Tesla uses any name you want after watching this video.

The author of that video has an extreme misunderstanding of the safety statistics for Autopilot/FSD. The safety record for AutoPilot/FSD does not reflect how much better AutoPilot/FSD control over human control would be (as suggested in the run up in the video), but how much better AutoPilot/FSD PLUS A HUMAN DRIVER would be over human control alone. Missing this critical fact makes the message of the rest of the video fundamentally flawed. Truth is, we don't have any statistics to suggest how safe a true L4/5 FSD vehicle would be because no such vehicle has ever existed.

Last edited:
Well the last version drove much jerkier than my mom, this versions drives smoother than she does. So I would say it is much more "comfortable."

But you are correct, it didn't solve the problem:

View attachment 898044

One ~15 mile drive knocked 4% off my safety score.

I will say that one of the hard braking events was valid, the truck in front slammed on their brakes, so I would have had to perform a hard brake if I was driving manually as well.

Yep braking score looks about right.

Sad. Still not fixed. I don’t have the update but doesn’t look like it will fix anything.

If the car didn’t follow so darn closely all the time it wouldn’t have to slam on the brakes for vehicles in front that stop suddenly…most of the time. Of course there are exceptional scenarios.

It is so annoying. It routinely follows at 1.5 seconds or so. Why not 2.5 to 3? It’s quite unusual (as a percentage of the time) to be in traffic situations that require tighter spacing.

The author of that video has an extreme misunderstanding of the safety statistics for Autopilot/FSD. The safety record for AutoPilot/FSD does not reflect how much better AutoPilot/FSD control over human control would be (as suggested in the run up in the video), but how much better AutoPilot/FSD PLUS A HUMAN DRIVER would be over human control alone. Missing this critical fact makes the message of the rest of the video fundamentally flawed. Truth is, we don't have any statistics to suggest how safe a true L4/5 FSD vehicle would be because no such vehicle has ever existed.
True, but I didn’t get the impression he ever was talking about using FSD beta without a human driver. He was discussing actual use FSD beta and Autopilot on public roads to date. Given how Tesla monitors driver attention, it would not make sense to infer he was talking about using FSD without a human driver at the wheel.

GSP

Yep braking score looks about right.

Sad. Still not fixed. I don’t have the update but doesn’t look like it will fix anything.

If the car didn’t follow so darn closely all the time it wouldn’t have to slam on the brakes for vehicles in front that stop suddenly…most of the time. Of course there are exceptional scenarios.

It is so annoying. It routinely follows at 1.5 seconds or so. Why not 2.5 to 3? It’s quite unusual (as a percentage of the time) to be in traffic situations that require tighter spacing.
As well 'Chill' vs 'Average' has very little discernable difference from my experimenting.
Hopefully, v11 'single stack' may start to make options consistent ... ie. 1-7 AP range is ignored with the new option below.

fsd-profile-chill.jpg

I had to cut that video short when he stated some of that nonsense. Good for Tesla to give it the college try but one drive with FSDb quickly demonstrates it isn't anything close to how it's marketed or influenced on youtube. There is some ugly capitalistic underhandedness. In any event, FSDb needs a few deep development cycles before it will ever be capable of being compared to a human driver.

Yesterday I took 69.25.1 on a road that I hadn't previous driven, just to see how it did.
Simple, curvy, 35mph two lane road with the occasional side roads coming in and a 4-way stop about a mile ahead where we would be turning left.
A few times it would unnecessarily slow down to 30 for some corners, but the kicker was when the upcoming left turn was almost in sight.
With the nav showing the road ahead and the left turn, FSDb started signalling right and slowed down to take an off route excursion into a neighborhood. Oh how I wished for that camera report button ;)

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Yesterday I took 69.25.1 on a road that I hadn't previous driven, just to see how it did.
Simple, curvy, 35mph two lane road with the occasional side roads coming in and a 4-way stop about a mile ahead where we would be turning left.
A few times it would unnecessarily slow down to 30 for some corners, but the kicker was when the upcoming left turn was almost in sight.
With the nav showing the road ahead and the left turn, FSDb started signalling right and slowed down to take an off route excursion into a neighborhood. Oh how I wished for that camera report button ;)
I think Tesla has there own FSDb testers and they hardly ever used the info from the camera report button from the public testers. That’s why we don’t have it. If Tesla put it back in our cars the button would be more like the fake security camera with the blinking light.

Happened to me too ... Interestingly (this is one of my regular routes), FSDb picked the route with a U-Turn first 2 days after getting 25.1. Never before. But after that, it has been picking the usual route that doesn't have a U-Turn.
Had the same thing happen to us yesterday - wasn’t a familiar route, but the map had us taking a left, then a U turn in 2 blocks rather than simply taking a right. 🤷‍♂️