Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fsd beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if I would be receiving fsd update 10.69 if I purchased fsd beta on aug.19th? I have maintained a score of 99 average overall. Do new users receive this version if accepted into beta or do you start out with older version and gradually have to update your way up to version 10.69.2?

In the past, they invited groups of people based on their safety score. If you get in, you get the latest version (I did when I got in and that was when they first introduced safety scores). The big question is if/when they will include the next group. My guess based on what Elon said is that maybe soon they will. 10.69 going out to 1,000 or so people right now and they're incorporating feedback.10.69.2 will go out to people like me in the next week or so. At that point, I'm guessing they'll see how the wider audience does on it. If successful, they might open up the program again. He did say most people will get it by the end of the year.

Does anyone know if I would be receiving fsd update 10.69 if I purchased fsd beta on aug.19th? I have maintained a score of 99 average overall.
It's unpredictable.

When the tweet came out in March, the passing score was 95.

but none was accepted since January. Not until June when another batch was accepted then stopped.

We just have to follow the tweets and look for clues.

...Do new users receive this version if accepted into beta or do you start out with older version and gradually have to update your way up to version 10.69.2?
No. In the past, new batches get the latest version.

But he has been saying similar things for YEARS ! Eventually, it will be true. :)
NO. Entirely two different things.

What he has been "predicting" is solving FSD by end of year 202x. But this year is a different target - make it widely available to anyone who buys FSD. Very different goals. I believe this goal is within reach (just like the other priority for this year - Starship to Orbit).

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold and Ramphex
I just installed 2022.20.15 (10.69.2) which is my only version of this release family.
2020 Mod X.
Until now, all installs demonstrated a FSD improvement.
This one is puzzling compared to the good reports I've come across.
  1. It previously crept up upon one oblique intersection then smoothly made its left turn.
    This time, while waiting for a long line of cars, the steering wheel twitched a lot! We finally got through the intersection with no additional drama.
  2. It correctly announced an upcoming off ramp maneuver but seemed to be going too fast. The steering wheel started twitching a lot again as though it couldn't make up its mind to turn. It decided not to, and we went on a fairly long detour, through a lot of traffic, to get to our destination.
  3. It didn't seem to anticipate a lane merge and I took over as I was afraid we'd get sandwiched between the fast-approaching shoulder and a car just barely ahead of us.
  4. It missed another off ramp. There was a long line of cars to take that exit. Either it didn't plan ahead or decided traffic was too heavy? We went to the next exit and doubled back.
  5. The “hands are off the wheel” alarm sounded and kept on even after I tightened my grip. I was told – no more FSD this trip and that I had 2 more chances before I was canceled.
I will not use FSD again on this version!
Anyone else seeing these issues?

Reactions: DanCar
I just installed 2022.20.15 (10.69.2) which is my only version of this release family.
2020 Mod X.
Until now, all installs demonstrated a FSD improvement.
This one is puzzling compared to the good reports I've come across.
  1. It previously crept up upon one oblique intersection then smoothly made its left turn.
    This time, while waiting for a long line of cars, the steering wheel twitched a lot! We finally got through the intersection with no additional drama.
  2. It correctly announced an upcoming off ramp maneuver but seemed to be going too fast. The steering wheel started twitching a lot again as though it couldn't make up its mind to turn. It decided not to, and we went on a fairly long detour, through a lot of traffic, to get to our destination.
  3. It didn't seem to anticipate a lane merge and I took over as I was afraid we'd get sandwiched between the fast-approaching shoulder and a car just barely ahead of us.
  4. It missed another off ramp. There was a long line of cars to take that exit. Either it didn't plan ahead or decided traffic was too heavy? We went to the next exit and doubled back.
  5. The “hands are off the wheel” alarm sounded and kept on even after I tightened my grip. I was told – no more FSD this trip and that I had 2 more chances before I was canceled.
I will not use FSD again on this version!
Anyone else seeing these issues?
Missing off ramps sounds like an NOA issue, not FSD beta.

You said you "tighten my grip" on the wheel. You need to apply turning torque. The car does not sense how hard you grip the wheel. It senses that you are using a little bit of force to counter the car's steering.

FSD is known to sometimes not recognize steering inputs. If this happens, the best thing is to disengage FSD and reengage it before you get a strike.

Missing off ramps sounds like an NOA issue, not FSD beta.

You said you "tighten my grip" on the wheel. You need to apply turning torque. The car does not sense how hard you grip the wheel. It senses that you are using a little bit of force to counter the car's steering.

FSD is known to sometimes not recognize steering inputs. If this happens, the best thing is to disengage FSD and reengage it before you get a strike.
Yes, I'm aware of the twist. The dash readout frequently requests it.
I dis- and reengaged several times. I will have taken delivery 2 years ago in 2 weeks. I know the car and there is obviously a brain drain on it from this update. All of these driving issues did not appear in previous updates at the same locations.

Well that blows because the firmware version is never really talked about as a ”requirement”. People talk about waiting, safety score, etc. but who knew one also have to stop updating firmware for beta to “catch up”. I guess being an occasional iOS public beta user myself find it odd. This is like saying I am going to try iOS beta but I need to go back one version to try it. Doesn’t make sense at all. I guess having 2022.28.2 I have a long time to wait and need to remind myself not to update my car. Glad I decided to subscribed (not buying it outright) to FSD.

If Elon is within a country mile of reality in suggesting we are shortly going from about 100,000 FSDb drivers to 160,000, then those extra 60,000 have to come from somewhere. If they don't let a lot of people in who are currently running higher than 2022.20.n software (specifically various flavors of 2022.24.n and 2022.28.n) then the numbers won't add to 160K ever for this version.

So take your choice as to which myth you prefer:
1. the 160K real soon now story from Elon
2. the story that FSDb installs never downgrade the user base version

While I'd not be surprised for 160K to be a bit over the reality, I still expect a lot of downgrade installs within just a few days. No, I'm not betting any beer.

Reactions: kitt2000
If Elon is within a country mile of reality in suggesting we are shortly going from about 100,000 FSDb drivers to 160,000, then those extra 60,000 have to come from somewhere. If they don't let a lot of people in who are currently running higher than 2022.20.n software (specifically various flavors of 2022.24.n and 2022.28.n) then the numbers won't add to 160K ever for this version.

So take your choice as to which myth you prefer:
1. the 160K real soon now story from Elon
2. the story that FSDb installs never downgrade the user base version

While I'd not be surprised for 160K to be a bit over the reality, I still expect a lot of downgrade installs within just a few days. No, I'm not betting any beer.
Just for a point of comparison, I am hoping my X is in line somewhere. It upgraded from 2022.20.8 to 2022.20.9 a few days ago, so still below my Model 3 that just got 10.69.2.2 with 2022.20.17 tonight. My request has been in since June when I received my new X. Before that, I had the Beta on my 2018 X for nearly a year. My score was 100 for weeks, knocked down to 99 now, due to a local dipstick that pulled around me, then dropped in front of me and slowed rapidly, grrrr. BTH outa me!