Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog FSD Beta 10 Rolls Out to Testers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla has rolled out FSD Beta 10 to testers, which have been offering their reviews of the advanced self-driving system.

The latest version of FSD was delivered with software update 2020.24.15. Early reviews were positive, saying that the self-driving system is noticeably smoother than the previous version.

FSD Beta Tester AI Addict posted a video to YouTube of his Model 3 having no trouble navigating the famous twists and turns of San Francisco’s Lombard Street. After having to make no interventions, AI Addict said, “I’m flabbergasted.”

Some reviewers were not as impresses with FSD Beta 10’s highway driving. Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted that highway improvements will come in version 10.1.

Musk was critical of the previous version of the software, saying it was “not great.”

“FSD Beta 9.2 is actually not great imo, but Autopilot/AI team is rallying to improve as fast as possible,” he tweeted. “We’re trying to have a single stack for both highway & city streets, but it requires massive NN retraining.”

Musk said the next version could be shipped to testers in three weeks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Microterf
sorry, but you cant just have the customer sign all his rights away.

even if the customer drove 100% perfect, you cannot say the software is 100% perfect. and so, there can't be a 'its all on you, customer'. only an idiot would accept that.

again, suppose you do all you are supposed to, but some noise on a CAN bus glitches and some signal gets interpreted as 'go fast, now'. you cant assure people it is impossible. and so, why sign all your rights away?

that's just ignorant of all the things that can go WRONG in firmware. and this is tesla firmware. they play things fast and loose.

you guys do what you want with your lives, but realize that you share the road with others and they dont want to play your reindeer games.

just sayin'.
Very true. So you shouldn’t be the guy that uses it. You have to be competent enough to control your car.
If that’s not you, I hope you don’t accept the beta, until it’s further along.

Very true. So you shouldn’t be the guy that uses it. You have to be competent enough to control your car.
If that’s not you, I hope you don’t accept the beta, until it’s further along.
are you under the impression that when you drive a plaid, the whole world centers around you and YOU are the only one that matters?

I challenge MOST plaid owners (aka, 'rich guys') to properly drive one, safely, at high speed. most wont be able to. most are ego hounds and not professional or even trained high speed drivers. how many have taken a 'driving school' course (not learners, you know what I mean, lol) ?

no, I dont trust MOST owners of such high speed cars to drive them safely on the PUBLIC SHARED roads.

I dont care how rich you are or how big your ego is, you (ie, most drivers) cant safely handle such cars. add in that horrible yoke and you will have more accidents than there otherwise would be, for more normal speeded street cars.

but solipsism is a thing, it seems. the richer you are, the more you think you are the only one in the world that matters.

(not picking on you, m109, per se)

We'll get the system to do what we want it to do, only to find that it doesn't adopt itself to new situations and what we previously did was just programming.

While I agree with your summation that AI isn't truly "intelligence" but rather programming, it's really just semantical. It's kind of like FSD isn't truly self driving (car making decisions based on non-programmed events), it's just a word used to convey a product that is able to automate routine mechanics.

I wouldn't go as far as saying true AI is impossible, but probably not in our lifetimes. For now it remains programming.

Reactions: linux-works
While I agree with your summation that AI isn't truly "intelligence" but rather programming, it's really just semantical. It's kind of like FSD isn't truly self driving (car making decisions based on non-programmed events), it's just a word used to convey a product that is able to automate routine mechanics.

I wouldn't go as far as saying true AI is impossible, but probably not in our lifetimes. For now it remains programming.
But that is part of my point. We have called it artificial intelligence for so long and people take that to mean intelligent robots based on what they've seen in sci-fi books and movies, especially those where the robots take over. In reality though it is just programming. And with Full Self Driving, would the car react to a building collapsing in front of them like in Florida a month ago? It wouldn't have a clue until it saw an obstacle on the ground and by then it would be too late. That's not to say a live driver would either, but at least I'd recognize what was happening before it hit the ground.

But that is part of my point. We have called it artificial intelligence for so long and people take that to mean intelligent robots based on what they've seen in sci-fi books and movies, especially those where the robots take over. In reality though it is just programming. And with Full Self Driving, would the car react to a building collapsing in front of them like in Florida a month ago? It wouldn't have a clue until it saw an obstacle on the ground and by then it would be too late. That's not to say a live driver would either, but at least I'd recognize what was happening before it hit the ground.
You are completely correct - 'Artificial Intelligence' is simply computer pattern matching. Not pattern recognition and certainly not extrapolating solutions from one situation to apply them to another situation.. As such, I think the term 'intelligence' is completely inaccurate.

are you under the impression that when you drive a plaid, the whole world centers around you and YOU are the only one that matters?

I challenge MOST plaid owners (aka, 'rich guys') to properly drive one, safely, at high speed. most wont be able to. most are ego hounds and not professional or even trained high speed drivers. how many have taken a 'driving school' course (not learners, you know what I mean, lol) ?

no, I dont trust MOST owners of such high speed cars to drive them safely on the PUBLIC SHARED roads.

I dont care how rich you are or how big your ego is, you (ie, most drivers) cant safely handle such cars. add in that horrible yoke and you will have more accidents than there otherwise would be, for more normal speeded street cars.

but solipsism is a thing, it seems. the richer you are, the more you think you are the only one in the world that matters.

I was referencing the conversation around autopilot, not the Plaid performance.
These are very different conversations.

1) Will the FSD Beta Request button be on a software update, or in an update to the Tesla App?
2) If it's a software update, will that button be on software V10.0.1 (not on your current software)?
3) If it's a V10.0.1 software update, your 7 day "testing" will be on (almost) new FSD Beta software & your 7 day test will be on FSD Beta (good for Tesla), but that also means you now have (an almost) new FSD Beta software to play with - you wouldn't even need to press the Request button unless you want to. Otherwise, you'd be graded on using a pretty old version of FSD software.
Any thoughts?

From my experience, biggest improvement they could make is to teach AP how to ignore turn lanes on city streets. On a very regular basis my MY will be doing fine, following the lines, then a turn lane will come up on one or both sides. The car can't seem to look more than 10 feet ahead, and even though the display will show the arrow on the pavement indicating a turn lane it gets confused. Best case it veers over and jerks back, but sometimes it will inexplicably take the turn lane or straddle the line and just stop.

Another less common but more dangerous event occurs when you have an intersection that has dashed lines panted through it to guide cars making a left turn from the cross street. As the car traverses the intersection, it sees these lines and will suddenly veer to the right, potentially cutting off or crashing into another car.
Makes one wonder how these cars drive outside of London in the country as the lanes are narrow and there are no lines anywhere.

Wow,

What an unnecessarily stereotyping and acerbic post.

Based on your logic, I find that most linux users are complete jerkwads who like to stereotype and insult people they have never met based solely on their socioeconomic status and hide behind the fact that they are in the majority (i.e. people who can't afford a Plaid) in order to justify their opinion.

I don't even own a Plaid, but I used to have a P85D when THAT was the fastest Tesla, and I have been extensively trained to drive in track and road race situations. So, If I bought a Plaid, I would be expected to suddenly drive like an idiot, because "the richer you are, the more you think you are the only one in the world that matters."

Maybe it should be "the richer you wish you were, the more of a insult machine you are online to cover up your insecurities."

• Funny
Reactions: linux-works
Wow,

What an unnecessarily stereotyping and acerbic post.

Based on your logic, I find that most linux users are complete jerkwads who like to stereotype and insult people they have never met based solely on their socioeconomic status and hide behind the fact that they are in the majority (i.e. people who can't afford a Plaid) in order to justify their opinion.

I don't even own a Plaid, but I used to have a P85D when THAT was the fastest Tesla, and I have been extensively trained to drive in track and road race situations. So, If I bought a Plaid, I would be expected to suddenly drive like an idiot, because "the richer you are, the more you think you are the only one in the world that matters."

Maybe it should be "the richer you wish you were, the more of a insult machine you are online to cover up your insecurities."
Uh, you're no better than the original poster. Have a think.