Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta 11.3.1 with monthly subscription?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not that bad. Subscribe for a month to try it out and have some fun with it. Now I do realize that everyone has a different idea of what is stressful but if you use it when the roads aren't super busy it's ok.

No.

11.X has not even been widely released yet. And currently all new beta enrollments are paused anyways.

And if your car has a newer base software than what FSD beta V11.3 is based on then you’ll have to wait until FSD software is updated to an even higher version which can take months.

Looks like FSD v11.3.1 is based on 2022.45.10 so if your car is at 2023.2.X then you’ll have to stop updating the software and wait until the next FSD version release.

Reactions: ahorner
This is actually a complex issue.

First off, it is unlikely that 11.3.1 will be released wide. The wide release will be a new version, maybe 11.3.2. Second, we don't yet know what the overall software version number will be. When it is released, if your car has software that is later than the FSDb software, then you will not get it. So, for example, if your car has 2023.2.12 and FSDb comes out as 2022.45.15, then you will not get it. Tesla rarely, if ever, allows a car to go backward in version numbers.

However, if the new software is built on something newer than what you have, say something like 2023.2.20, then you will get FSDb after you subscribe.

So, the bottom line is that, if you want to try out FSDb, then you are best not installing any new software until after the current version of FSDb is built on a software version later than what you have. Then, you subscribe to FSD and opt for FSDb. Wait to be offered new software that is FSDb and install.

FSDb software is almost always behind the current production software, so it's a bit tricky.

Reactions: ahorner and E90alex
I have EAP but would like to subscribe to FSD for a month.
Will I have access to FSD beta 11.3.1?
In addition to what was said above, there are hardware requirements for FSD Beta, and you didn't say which car you have. You'll need at least HW3 and MCU2 for the Beta (but not for regular FSD).

Bear in mind that when not using Beta features. the only things you'll get in FSD that you don't already have in EAP are traffic light/stop sign control.

Thank you all for your comments. Although much appreciated they are disappointing for my original intention. I just recently upgraded my 2018 M3P from HW2.5 to HW3 with the main purpose to subscribe to FSDb…

I'm in a similar situation. I feel so unlucky. It's like someone is playing a prank on me! Luckily, I have a sense of humor. I have a 2012 Model S that I love. It rides great, and it has no problems at all. But I always lament being an early adopter. I tell people, "Forget autopilot, I don't even have parking sensors!" So when I saw how low the lease rates were for a Model 3, I decided to lease one 2 weeks ago so that I could play with the autopilot and "at least have parking sensors for once." I also rushed to do it before the IRS closes the "rebate loophole for leases." I still have my Model S, also.

So, I pick up the car on March 1. No parking sensors! What? Then I try to play with the autopilot, so I subscribe and the software version is 6 revs behind (2022.44.200), and the thing is like all over the road. It's like a thrill ride! But I'm learning that I don't *want* it to update, because the whole point is to get FSDb.

Any advice is appreciated. Like I said, I have a sense of humor, so I can laugh this off. But I do feel like an idiot for doing it! At least I get Caraoke now.

• Funny
Reactions: am_dmd
So, I pick up the car on March 1. No parking sensors! What? Then I try to play with the autopilot, so I subscribe and the software version is 6 revs behind (2022.44.200), and the thing is like all over the road. It's like a thrill ride! But I'm learning that I don't *want* it to update, because the whole point is to get FSDb.
If Autopilot was all over the road, you’re doing something wrong. And you don’t need the subscription for TACC and Autosteer, those are standard features. The .200 built is a factory build, you’ll get a different one eventually.

Hold on to your subscription dollars until your car has an update that supports FSD. I had 2022.44.100 on my new MY, paid the $200, waited in the FSDb queue, and a month later I still did not have FSD access. I did have access to auto lane change and navigate on autopilot (freeways only) which is a part of Enhanced Autopilot. Seems like Tesla could do a better job of letting potential subscribers know what they are getting (or not getting) when they sign up. It's like buying a set of tires, having the company say "sorry, we are out" and then keeping your money.

If Autopilot was all over the road, you’re doing something wrong. And you don’t need the subscription for TACC and Autosteer, those are standard features. The .200 built is a factory build, you’ll get a different one eventually.
I'm talking about for during navigation. It's not good. I'm sure the newer versions are better. But I did need to subscribe to get it, right? This is on my 2023. From my understanding I don't want a newer version because it will prevent me from getting FSDb.

I was also counting on summon and parking assist, but I can't get those either

I'm talking about for during navigation. It's not good. I'm sure the newer versions are better. But I did need to subscribe to get it, right? This is on my 2023. From my understanding I don't want a newer version because it will prevent me from getting FSDb.

I was also counting on summon and parking assist, but I can't get those either
Yes, you need to subscribe to get Navigate on Autopilot. The standard AP features in your 2023 car are TACC and Autosteer, that's all.

What exactly is the navigation issue you were seeing? Navigate on Autopilot hasn't changed much in 5 years.