Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 5-strike strike-out auto-reset after 2 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading this post and I think some are in same situation as me. I have 2022.44.30.5 My car is prompting me for update I believe it is 2022.44.30.10 I'll find out Tuesday when back to my car back from Punta Cana (Currently its at a Marriot Hotel Parking lot in Chicago.)
Im at 4 strikes. I basically got it like many others from the last update where it started detecting the weight and got to 4 strikes and then I basically gave up using it because I didnt want to get the 5th strike and been very cautious so I dont strike out with 5th.

From what I'm reading, to get the reset back to 0 strikes, you have to be struck out. With that said, my car is sitting waiting to download the 2022.44.30.10 which I got notification while its sitting while I'm living it up in Paradise.

Sooooooo after reading this thread I have a Plan..

When I fly back to freakin cold Chicago, I have about 100 mile drive back to Milwaukee, I'll put the weight on and drive home hoping and more then likely strike out with 5 strikes.

Then when I get home my plan is download and install the 2022.44.10 that I'm currently waiting to install and be set with no strikes again and back on FSD.

Is this a reasonable plan and has anyone else done anything similar to get their Strikes removed with this latest strike reset?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Reactions: KArnold
Or take one for the community and install the update as-is with 4-strikes. :)
Let us know if it resets back to 0 strikes or not. Because I don't think we know yet whether it resets to 0 if there's existing strikes (but not 5-stike out).
lol. Well I read here: Less the 4 Strikes doesn't reset that they don't reset unless you strike out when installing the update. I guess I'm going off that post, and Id rather not take the chance. I'm sitting at 4 and 0 sounds better than 4. So I'm going to move forward with my plan and will post a reply my results. I'll know by Wednesday 2-1-23

I've got a '17, was in FSD Beta w/ a score over 80%. Jan 5th I had my eMMC replaced and the screens GUI reverted back to the basic white icons and it took about a week and two messages to the SC before an update came to bring it to todays GUI. What I don't understand is that I lost I guess my place in line for the FSD update since I now don't have a score on the app and I haven't received any updates since. I wrote the SC yesterday asking if they had any info but haven't gotten a response.

Is there anything I can do or do I just need to hurry up and wait? Should I exit my beta request for a couple weeks and try again?
About a week after this post I finally got my FSD Beta update...very cool and been fun to play with even though it's like a nervous 16yr old when taking corners, leaving a stop sign and stuttering acceleration. Problem is, which the service center naturally blames on us, is we've gotten 2 strikes right away and the FSD screen says we only get 3 total vs the 5 being mentioned in this thread.

- First time happened coming off my own exit to get home, just dinged outta nowhere and said something about telemetry even though I know I had my hands on the wheel since I was taking over from it trying to change lanes into a know pothole. I let me turn it back on to finish the drive home (35mph side roads) but for some reason the car kept changing lanes to the RH lane even though I didn't acknowledge the lane change and my upcoming turn into the neighborhood was on the LH side...it did this three times over a few miles before I took over the rest of the drive.
- Second time happened to the GF sitting in basic old traffic. She's shorted than me by a foot, has a cleared shot of the dash cluster and has never once missed a warning saying to touch the wheel.

I created a ticket since I mentioned I get a warning that the LH camera is blocked anytime it rains, hoping maybe the two were related, but they said it was strictly a land of hand input (argued that already to no avail) and they said they can't reset the strikes unless it is truly a hardware issue. What they couldn't answer for me is if Autopilot strikes count again FSD or if the two are seperate...I'm fine not using FSD for every day use until things get better but we use autopilot on the freeway almost every day and don't wanna lose FSD and/or AP because some update made the steering wheel WAY too sensitive.

lol. Well I read here: Less the 4 Strikes doesn't reset that they don't reset unless you strike out when installing the update. I guess I'm going off that post, and Id rather not take the chance. I'm sitting at 4 and 0 sounds better than 4. So I'm going to move forward with my plan and will post a reply my results. I'll know by Wednesday 2-1-23

I mean, it's not a big deal either way. Even if you strike out, you'll reset back to 0 within 2 weeks, regardless of updates (after you install the latest update, and going forward). So worst case you'll be without FSD Beta for 2 weeks.

I mean, it's not a big deal either way. Even if you strike out, you'll reset back to 0 within 2 weeks, regardless of updates (after you install the latest update, and going forward). So worst case you'll be without FSD Beta for 2 weeks.
Do we have to opt out of Beta and then try again in a few weeks or does it all happen automatically...booted, button grayed out for 0-2 weeks, then suddenly it's back?

Looks like after 2022.44.30.5, anyone striked out from FSD Beta after the 5-strikeout is re-allowed to activate it after 2 weeks.

1. Can someone on 2022.44.30.5 confirm they can see this language in their FSD Beta release notes? After striking out, all FSD-beta related content was removed from my release notes.

2. Will this apply to cars that striked out before the 2022.44.30.5 update? I installed mine on 12/27/22, so it hasn't been 2 weeks yet. I guess I'll find out next week.
Hi there, any update on whether or not you got your FSD Beta back? I got a bunch of bogus strikes in late November and I'm curious if, after this latest update, I will get it back in 2 weeks as well. I emailed the FSD Beta Team and never received a response, but if I just get reinstated 2 weeks after this update then that works too! Thank You

Reactions: m5james
Welp. Great news. Last night I made sure and got my 5th strike on way home from Chicago. I waited most the trip so I didn’t have to drive far home without AP. We had a late flight so literally got home at 2:30am freezing cold 4 degrees

Then this morning I downloaded the update 2022.44.30.10

Now just completed and sure enough back to no strikes. 🤙🏼

Hope this helps anyone else

B6E52C39-8877-46D1-A566-986F18581B1F.jpeg

8284EF34-C4E8-4505-9D96-516DC6DE9C45.jpeg

Reactions: de Vere and KArnold
I need you guys help... I have the .10 update waiting for me and am in Jail for 5 strikes... However I wont be back at my car until Friday!!!

I am afriad if I miss this update and a new one is pushed outbefore I get to my car (like v 11) I will NOT get the strike reset since it will not install the .10 update and do the one after.

Can anyone confirm or deny this as I REALLY want to get the strikes clear but am not in town and are afraid a new update wont do the reset

THANKS!!!

Mike

I’m going to assume you are on 2022.44.30.05 and waiting for .10 which means you are in the FSD bata by your reply. Also you have 5 strikes.

When I got to the not a Tesla app site which shows the latest updates out there. The latest one getting pushed out is the .10 if your car is in the FSD bata

If not it’s the 2023.2.10. Which I don’t see your car having it pushed out to since it’s in the FSD beta program.

V11 hasn’t even been pushed out to any public cars net and has kind of been in limbo or waiting time. How long that will be we don’t know but I think twice already Elon said it will be released in two weeks which still hasn’t happened and has been a very long two weeks. I’m sure there are multiple reasons why it’s held up. I don’t want to speculate.

Anyway my main point is I personally think you will be fine and it won’t have any newer update by Friday for you to get it updated and strikes removed.

Worst case by slim chance it does and doesn’t remove strikes, you need to wait two weeks to have strikes removed.

8354D225-9B85-44C6-9D86-3460637514A0.png

I’m going to assume you are on 2022.44.30.05 and waiting for .10 which means you are in the FSD bata by your reply. Also you have 5 strikes.

When I got to the not a Tesla app site which shows the latest updates out there. The latest one getting pushed out is the .10 if your car is in the FSD bata

If not it’s the 2023.2.10. Which I don’t see your car having it pushed out to since it’s in the FSD beta program.

V11 hasn’t even been pushed out to any public cars net and has kind of been in limbo or waiting time. How long that will be we don’t know but I think twice already Elon said it will be released in two weeks which still hasn’t happened and has been a very long two weeks. I’m sure there are multiple reasons why it’s held up. I don’t want to speculate.

Anyway my main point is I personally think you will be fine and it won’t have any newer update by Friday for you to get it updated and strikes removed.

Worst case by slim chance it does and doesn’t remove strikes, you need to wait two weeks to have strikes removed.

View attachment 903498
I was able to update to .10 and have fsd beta back….. Thank you for your post and info!

A small data point. I updated to 2022.45.12 (11.3.3) yesterday. I was at 4 strikes before I updated and I'm Still at 4 strikes today. Do I just need to strike out and wait 2 weeks?
10.69.25.2 (I believe) was the version that reset someone if they were locked out due to strikes *AND* introduced the new 2-week timeout. I've not heard if v11 does the same or not.

There has never been a release which just erased strikes.

A week ago I was sitting at 2 out of 3 strikes (interior camera-less version). I didn't want my 2 week timeout to happen at some point TBD, so I forced a 3rd strike. From my schedule perspective, it's a good time to take a couple of weeks off. I did try a 10.68.25.2 reinstall via the service menu - it did not remove my suspension.

So you can intentionally take your last strike and wait two weeks. OR you can hope you don't get your last strike at a bad time. But I'm not aware of anything that will just reset strikes.

So you can intentionally take your last strike and wait two weeks. OR you can hope you don't get your last strike at a bad time. But I'm not aware of anything that will just reset strikes.

Thanks. I wish each strike disappeared after 2 weeks of its individual occurrence. Maybe someday. I've been holding onto these strikes for a few weeks now, the last 2 almost seemed like a glitch, shrugs.

Reactions: DaBagBoy
Thanks. I wish each strike disappeared after 2 weeks of its individual occurrence. Maybe someday. I've been holding onto these strikes for a few weeks now, the last 2 almost seemed like a glitch, shrugs.
BUMP - after using various version of v10.69.? I finally rec'd 11.3.4 last week now I've seen 2 cabin camera strikes saying I ignored "pay attention to the road" warnings in the last week or so about 2,000 miles....I had one strike previously, obviously I didn't see the warnings or I would have "paid attention"....I'll sure as heck be more diligent....but....the last time I rec'd the warning is because 2022.45.13 / 11.3.4 has "broken" my iPhone Bluetooth connection, it worked pretty nearly flawlessly for nearly 3 years....since the update I can no longer hear callers on the car speaker when the phone/car switches from SiriusXM on my phone to an incoming call...So I started scrolling through Tesla's Bluetooth on screen help crap on the interstate and go hit with the "pay attention" strike.....

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life