Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 9 Speedometer on MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have FSD v9 but have been watching all the videos that everyone has been posting. I own a MS and have been paying closer attention to the new UI from videos from MS owners. I've noticed that in a lot of the videos the new UI has moved the speedometer, autopilot indicator, max speed, etc from the top down to the bottom. It's even floating above some of the new visualizations that extend to the bottom of the display. This is terrible! There is still so much empty space at the top of the display in the new UI, why bury the important info like how fast you are going at the bottom? Some positions of the steering wheel may even block the lower part of the screen. I've also noticed that in some videos the speed, etc is still at the top. Could someone that has v9 FSD Beta with a MS please explain how, why, and when the speed, etc moves from the top to the bottom or just what your observations are? Thanks!

Does anyone know that what happened to Tesla FSD Beta 9 when it suddenly lost the internet signal?
I searched on YouTube, haven't found any video about his topic
All the processing is done locally on the car. Nothing to worry about if there is no signal, once the car gets a signal again it will transmit whatever data it needs too.

All the processing is done locally on the car. Nothing to worry about if there is no signal, once the car gets a signal again it will transmit whatever data it needs too.

Not true. FSD requires GPS. FSD will deactivate without GPS (even momentarily). I don't know about internet (likely it isn't required) but it is incorrect to assume FSD is robust. This is FAR from L5.

Not true. FSD requires GPS. FSD will deactivate without GPS (even momentarily). I don't know about internet (likely it isn't required) but it is incorrect to assume FSD is robust. This is FAR from L5.
I was only referring to internet which the OP was asking about. Trust me, I understand how non-robust the system is, hoping V9 is better than the current production version of autopilot.

Reactions: croman
I do not have FSD v9 but have been watching all the videos that everyone has been posting. I own a MS and have been paying closer attention to the new UI from videos from MS owners. I've noticed that in a lot of the videos the new UI has moved the speedometer, autopilot indicator, max speed, etc from the top down to the bottom. It's even floating above some of the new visualizations that extend to the bottom of the display. This is terrible! There is still so much empty space at the top of the display in the new UI, why bury the important info like how fast you are going at the bottom? Some positions of the steering wheel may even block the lower part of the screen. I've also noticed that in some videos the speed, etc is still at the top. Could someone that has v9 FSD Beta with a MS please explain how, why, and when the speed, etc moves from the top to the bottom or just what your observations are? Thanks!
I too have seen this and prefer that data display back at the top. Maybe the next version will move it back. It's lower right still on 10.0.1. Nobody knows what it will be like in 10.1 beta button version.

I was also concerned about losing the closeup map and the energy gauge but one video showed on 10.0 that it can still be added as a transparency overlay with portions of the car / road lines running through the display. Might get too busy which is why many testers disable them.

I have FSD on both my Teslas but will only do the beta 10.1 in the Model S because my wife is not interested in testing with the Model Y although she drives more miles per day than I do. I have a feeling if Tesla messes with the speed display on the Y, she will have me install the driver's instrument display behind the wheel.

I too have seen this and prefer that data display back at the top. Maybe the next version will move it back. It's lower right still on 10.0.1. Nobody knows what it will be like in 10.1 beta button version.

I was also concerned about losing the closeup map and the energy gauge but one video showed on 10.0 that it can still be added as a transparency overlay with portions of the car / road lines running through the display. Might get too busy which is why many testers disable them.

I have FSD on both my Teslas but will only do the beta 10.1 in the Model S because my wife is not interested in testing with the Model Y although she drives more miles per day than I do. I have a feeling if Tesla messes with the speed display on the Y, she will have me install the driver's instrument display behind the wheel.
Yeah, I've seen the videos of 10.0.1 with the speed in the lower right. I guess I'll withhold judgment for now until I can use it myself and see how it looks.

I too like the energy gauge but always turn off the closeup map and use trips instead. I have a feeling that when I finally get my hands on the FSD Beta that I'll be fine not having any overlays on the new visualizations.