Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 9 this Saturday! (to beta testers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use present FSD (V8.x) on side roads. it works fine for me but I have to turn it off for certain intersections ( it wants to jump into a middle lane of thre across the intersection if it is a big intersection, left turns, right turns of course ( that gets old) less than Ideally marked roads too ( it shows garbage cans but doesn't dodge them ) ,. I'm not an " influencer" so not sure if I get V9 Beta soon . ( sure hope so). I'll even take the beta 1 "dots" one the small group got. I am hoping this beta is the more refined , GUI they showed for the Plaid and it goes to all who already paid .... ( hey a guy can dream right!)
This is what I don’t get.. how do you know you are on FSD beta 8.2 vs what you would get just having purchased FSD package with its ‘beta’ labeled features ? Example I have everything marked beta in my FSD package turned on, but does that mean I am on FSD beta 8.2 right now?? If some thread I am not aware of please direct me

This is what I don’t get.. how do you know you are on FSD beta 8.2 vs what you would get just having purchased FSD package with its ‘beta’ labeled features ? Example I have everything marked beta in my FSD package turned on, but does that mean I am on FSD beta 8.2 right now?? If some thread I am not aware of please direct me
You are in open Beta. Everyone whom purchased EAP or FSD has open beta software. Open beta can last forever. For example, in China to get my software approved, I kept it as Open Beta to get approval because it's harder to get a release license. It's been Open Beta since 2015.

What everyone is talking about now it closed beta or friends and family beta. These are invites only. Only these beta testers will get v9 vision only.

When it's released wider it will become Open Beta. It will be Open Beta until Government gives approval for L5.

Reactions: Gpkarma
You are in open Beta. Everyone whom purchased EAP or FSD has open beta software. Open beta can last forever. For example, in China to get my software approved, I kept it as Open Beta to get approval because it's harder to get a release license. It's been Open Beta since 2015.

What everyone is talking about now it closed beta or friends and family beta. These are invites only. Only these beta testers will get v9 vision only.

When it's released wider it will become Open Beta. It will be Open Beta until Government gives approval for L5.
darn — I even have experience opening formal bugs at my job … as a FSD (Full Stack Developer, lol!) would be cool to also have the real FSD beta … Although this certainly is higher risk debugging than I am used to..!

How about AutoSteer on unmarked roads? Sometimes I’m able to trick AP to drive on long stretches of roads without lane markings, and it does surprisingly well, sometimes better than of there were lane markings.
Also, give me move over for oncoming traffic/parked cars/pedestrians/cyclists. I think this would be “ground breaking” for us lowly “FSD” buyers. Like, ffs, give us something???! I mean, it’s only up to $10,000 people spent of FSD, maybe tease us with something that you’ve been “working on”?? Hopium.

Is this version, whatever it is called going to anyone OTHER than the early adopters? If thats not the case, whey even call it a new release? Other than it slightly calms the haters, but it’s just a new release (granted under the hood pretty significant if it’s visual only) but not truly being released to anyone ELSE yet..

Is this version, whatever it is called going to anyone OTHER than the early adopters? If thats not the case, whey even call it a new release? Other than it slightly calms the haters, but it’s just a new release (granted under the hood pretty significant if it’s visual only) but not truly being released to anyone ELSE yet..

It is only going to early access. It is not going to anyone else yet. Elon said that it might go out to everybody else as early as a month from now but that is a best case scenario if testing goes well. It will probably be more than a month before the rest of us get it.

It is only going to early access. It is not going to anyone else yet. Elon said that it might go out to everybody else as early as a month from now but that is a best case scenario if testing goes well. It will probably be more than a month before the rest of us get it.
Frankly, I’m getting pretty sick of this.

Does that mean we can forget about the "Download Button" that would appear about 3/16/2021?

For those who don't know the background of the "Download Button": Elon Musk tweeted an invitation for those who wanted to get FSD beta 8.2: "let us know".

Some of us took that invitation up and called up Tesla, jumped through the hoops to learn how to submit the request. We went through the screening survey. Then it looked like the system was overloaded so, the "Download Button" has been promised instead so there's no need to flood Tesla with the requests anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator857
Does that mean we can forget about the "Download Button" that would appear about 3/15/2021?

For those who don't know the background of the "Download Button": Elon Musk tweeted an invitation for those who wanted to get FSD beta 8.2: "let us know".

Some of us took that invitation and called up Tesla, jumped through the hoops to learn how to submit the request. We went through the screening survey. Then it looked like the system was overloaded so, the "Download Button" has been offered instead so there's no need to call Tesla anymore.

Well, Elon responded to a tweet about the button and said "maybe in a month if all goes well". So maybe the button will still happen at some point when they do a wide release?

Reactions: Tam
I’m glad to see progress. I’m slightly disappointed in the speed of said progress, but I’m still happy with my car. I think we often forget that Elons don’t use the same calendar as humans. The concept of time doesn’t translate well.

Remember, there’s a team of very intelligent people working on this day after day. It will be released once it’s ready.

Frankly, I’m getting pretty sick of this.
Agreed - it would be nice if he just kept his mouth shut instead of having folks make $10k purchasing decisions based on his inaccurate statements.

Where’s the tweet about FSD being ready for the masses so the price is going up to $10k? Perhaps Elon should have just said we’re charging you more money so 100 Tesla employees and youtubers can have early access to a program and everyone else will get it in 6 months to 2 years…

I bought FSD with my Model X 2020 car. I personally think if Tesla announces Beta FSD V 9, it should go to all of us that bought FSD. This playing around and doing limited releases after putting out teasers, is for the birds.
Not releasing this to the general users is the responsible decision.

This is not a beta release, it cannot do basic functionality like turning left across multiple lanes, and choosing correct lanes, and the company knows this. Those failures are not bugs, they are basic driving behaviours that have not been modeled correctly. It is not feature complete therefore it is not a beta release, it is alpha.

Alpha software may contain serious errors, and any resulting instability could cause crashes or data loss.[3] Alpha software may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version.

It is alpha software and this should not be put in wide release.

Not releasing this to the general users is the responsible decision.

This is not a beta release, it cannot do basic functionality like turning left across multiple lanes, and choosing correct lanes, and the company knows this. Those failures are not bugs, they are basic driving behaviours that have not been modeled correctly. It is not feature complete therefore it is not a beta release, it is alpha.

Alpha software may contain serious errors, and any resulting instability could cause crashes or data loss.[3] Alpha software may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version.

It is alpha software and this should not be put in wide release.
Agreed but those who paid for FSD should be able to sign a waiver and cop.