Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Autopilot options missing after installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you DerekP. Followed your suggestions. All is well is my FSD world.

Peace kind of drove me to the grocery store and back. Impressive but still needs a LOT of work. Simple intersections with little or no traffic caused my panic index only slight tremors. Complicated turns and other vehicles were cause to turn FSD off.

This will definitely take some time (and maybe a few more software updates) to restore my level of confidence in FSD.

Reactions: DerekP
If the fix is actually fixed from the firmware reinstall, I believe those close to a service center can DIY activate 'service' mode and trigger a reinstall without messaging service. I've seen the button but never needed to push it myself.
Same boat. I chatted w tesla customer service and they said that the car "needs to calibrate" and FSD won't be available until the car has done ~50 miles or so of driving after the download.
Off to drive!

Same with me as well. No fsd option under autopilot. Software version 2021.36.8.8 installed with fsd beta 10.5 though. What to do?
Was able to get it working. Did a reset (both wheels and brake press) and left the car like this for 30+ mins. When I came back, the option was there asking for a permission.
img-6970-jpg.740307

Tried FSD... Stopping at signals and starting as soon as it turns green, and right turns are near-perfect. However, left turns need some work. Mine put the car at stop at the middle of an intersection while turning left; could've been rear-ended...

Attachments

• IMG-6970.jpg
    IMG-6970.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 457
I got mine working. Did a bunch of resets last night. Nothing so I gave up. Let the car sleep and charge up for the whole night. Went to to work this morning. Nothing still. But all of sudden, it showed up when I went out for lunch.

any updates on your end?
I tried a chat with support via the Tesla website a few days after this first happened (now 18 days ago) that time I was told I just had to wait for an update that I had the latest version of the software. So yesterday I tried support chat again asking my question a different way, I had a sympathetic support person and they pushed it to the "tech team". An hour later I had a message through the Tesla app that I have a service appointment at my local service center to address the problem. I'm going to try the "fix" that DerekP mentions above and see if it yields any results for me, otherwise I'll report back after my service appointment.

I tried a chat with support via the Tesla website a few days after this first happened (now 18 days ago) that time I was told I just had to wait for an update that I had the latest version of the software. So yesterday I tried support chat again asking my question a different way, I had a sympathetic support person and they pushed it to the "tech team". An hour later I had a message through the Tesla app that I have a service appointment at my local service center to address the problem. I'm going to try the "fix" that DerekP mentions above and see if it yields any results for me, otherwise I'll report back after my service appointment.
based on suggestion here
1. drove for over 50 miles (thanks SwimmingWombat)
2. Shut off all the toggles in Controls>AutoPilot (Thanks DerekP)
3. PowerOff from Controls>Service (Thanks all that suggested)
4. Once it powers back up Controls> AutoPilot had FSD option available.

Here's a video to get to the software reinstall button, but maybe it actually requires something more as the very end it shows "Failed to request software reinstall: unknown reason. Please try again"
Thanks for sharing that information, I tried DerekP “fix” and it didn’t work for me, it may have to do with the car being stuck on 10.4. I went to my local service center and parked in their lot and engaged Service Mode and was able to get the software request to go through, it’s reinstalling 2021.36.8.5 but hopefully this might help (fingers crossed)

Thanks for sharing that information, I tried DerekP “fix” and it didn’t work for me, it may have to do with the car being stuck on 10.4. I went to my local service center and parked in their lot and engaged Service Mode and was able to get the software request to go through, it’s reinstalling 2021.36.8.5 but hopefully this might help (fingers crossed)
No change with reinstall, and tried the reboot sequence again as well with no change.

The solutions seem a bit random. Could it be possible that there is something happening in the background we don’t know about? I wonder if there is some sort of manual approval on teslas side. Maybe a security measure to make sure only those get it they want. Maybe RanDay did something that is preventing approval? (Not implying anything).

Anyway, just a thought.

The solutions seem a bit random. Could it be possible that there is something happening in the background we don’t know about? I wonder if there is some sort of manual approval on teslas side. Maybe a security measure to make sure only those get it they want. Maybe RanDay did something that is preventing approval? (Not implying anything).

Anyway, just a thought.
I understand that line of thought, I had a 100 score when I qualified for the beta and zero lockouts while I was using it before this update was pushed to my car. I think it’s an edge case. I hope an update to the latest version will clear it up, most likely 10.6 by the time of my appointment this week.

No change with reinstall, and tried the reboot sequence again as well with no change.
Thanks for trying it out. I guess it's more of some remote configuration making it to your vehicle to enable FSD Beta toggle probably similar to how Tesla informs the car of other digital upgrades like acceleration boost, heated seats and premium connectivity. Anyone know how long those can take to re-configure the vehicle after purchase?