Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta coming to 98?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand.
Tesla Score Reset To Delete a Bad Trip or Event:
What do you do if someone cuts you off or you have a bad event, especially an Auto Pilot Disengagement Third Strike?
Here is how to delete the event and the entire trip since you last were in Park.
  1. Do NOT go into Park. Do NOT open any car door as this also puts the car in Park.
  2. Pull over in a safe spot, come to a stop, and let the car go into Hold (H).
  3. Press and hold the two thumb wheels on the steering wheel at the same time.
  4. Continue to hold the two wheels until the Cell Phone bars icon changes to a slash.
  5. Once the screen goes black, press the Park button.
  6. Wait until the map comes back up on the screen. Go into Drive, then Park again.
Tesla Score Reset Notes:
  • If you Park before the reset, the trip may be already logged and the reset may fail.
  • If you do not press Park after the reset, the next trip, until you do Park, may also be deleted.

Thanks but guess I'll just take my chances and try to stay in Autopilot most of the trip, so I don't get dinged. The last time I did the two scroll wheel thing, it deleted all my user information, passwords, lost Sat maps and odometer mileage. I had input everything back in manually, after driving a bit Sat maps and odometer mileage came back. So yeah, I'm nervous about doing that.

1636162976957.png

I finally got up to 98 after being on 97 forever. Then this morning a Charger starts revving his engine next to me at an interstate entrance ramp. The aggressive turning that I got caused my score to go back to 97. Was well worth though as I beat him to the double to single lane merge point.
You could have deleted the trip and not impacted your score.

Tesla Safety Score Reset To Delete a Bad Trip:
  1. Stop and let the car go into Hold (H). Do NOT Park yet.
  2. Press and hold the two thumb wheels on the steering wheel until the screen goes black.
  3. Once the screen comes back up, press Park, go into Drive, then Park again.
Tesla Score Reset Notes:
  • If you press Park before the reset, the trip may be already logged and the reset may fail.
  • If you do not press Park after the reset, the next trip, until you do Park, may also be deleted.

You could have deleted the trip and not impacted your score.
The problem with relying on exploits (this, exiting the FSD beta queue, also leaving the USA seems to work or so I read on Twitter) is that they get closed. I mean, it's possible Tesla doesn't care. It's possible they're too busy with other things. But it's also possible, especially if too many people are pulling these tricks, that they'll purge the list of cars with software reboots before they push the next update.

I got my 98 the old fashioned way, with seven hours of driving on Thursday. Seems safer.

Now that they are going to start the downloads on Sunday. My wife's M3 will drop the FCW she got for a 76 that day on Sunday start of day and will be a 99 (per spreadsheet) before the downloads start. It would be good if they take a snapshot on Sunday AM just before the downloads start. I think for the first week they took the snapshot on Friday (couple days early) but not positive. Any recent history on what is likely?

Here it is Sunday and still no FSD beta to scores 98 and above. Luckily during my trip I was actually able to get my score up to 99, not sure how that happened. Now give my the beta Elon, I can't deal with driving like a granny much longer!

A better approach and probably what Tesla may be using is to use the driving history as a time series & smooth it out
This avoids people getting dropped for a last minute low score on Sunday or the day there is a release

ie You could have all 99.98 & then get a sudden drop to 80 or 76 (as above).
Applying decomposition & treating sudden variations as noise will not unfairly penalize a good driver & will not allow a bad one to jump the queue at the last minute.

I've been watching the Teslascope numbers this morning. In the early morning PST, they were pushing updates at a pretty rapid clip. But now they have 963 cars on FSD Beta 10.4 (2021.36.8.5) and only 124 remaining on 10.3.1 (2021.36.5.3). And the update rate has slowed to a trickle (these are the stragglers whose owners are occupied or travelling or whatever). So the push of 10.4 to the existing test base seems to be basically done.

At this point, my guess is they're just waiting for someone to do a final Safety Score accounting, and maybe a by-hand validity check of the returns coming from the fleet, and they'll pull the trigger. At which point it's unclear how long it will take, I don't think anyone knows how many 98's there are waiting.

ie You could have all 99.98 & then get a sudden drop to 80 or 76 (as above).
People seeing swings like that from one day of data are people with very little driving history. I have about 1000 miles over the last 30 days (a pretty typical number for a family car), and per some graphing, a single FCW on a day with 15 miles driven would drop me about a half a point; I'd keep my 98.

To wit: those are the folks doing resets to try to erase their past scores. There's not a lot of value in trying to finesse the system to protect the population that is basically cheating anyway.

Here it is Sunday and still no FSD beta to scores 98 and above. Luckily during my trip I was actually able to get my score up to 99, not sure how that happened. Now give my the beta Elon, I can't deal with driving like a granny much longer!
I’ve been at 98 since the initial download and now at 99. Any predictions on how long it will take to get “the email”?

I’ve been at 98 since the initial download and now at 99. Any predictions on how long it will take to get “the email”?
I am guessing within a few days. Currently based on TeslaFi "all" of the 2021.36.8.5 - 10.4 have gone to the prior 2021.36.5.3 - 10.3.1 cars. Pretty much "all" of them have been upgraded to 10.4. I think Elon said after a few days but not sure he was only talking about NEW 98 SS Cars. I have FSD Beta on my MS but on our M3 it just hit 99 (from 97) this weekend. So hoping when the 98's start to go out my M3 will get it as well.