Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Disappeared before I got to use it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kevin Bohacz

Supporting Member
Today, I got the long awaited email invite for the FSD Beta Version 10.3. Moments later, I saw a software update. When the update was done, I ran out to my Model S and was thrilled to see all the new settings for the FSD Beta. I decided to go for a test drive a little later in the day.

About an hour later, I got a second update notice and authorized it. When I went out to the car to take my first FSD drive, all the settings for the FSD Beta were gone. My wife almost cried. I am bummed out. Talk about bait and switch ;-)

Maybe I never had the Beta for real, and the car just glitched and displayed FSD settings I should never have seen since my car now displays 10.2 (2021.36.5.1) instead of the expected 10.3.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
It happened to everyone else.

B63C5D83-4365-4A47-9FA6-7F06602E491A.jpeg

Thanks for the info... I must have gotten the update minutes before they pulled it. I should have gone out for that test drive right away instead of waiting :))
So, I think the 'mistake' was when you authorized the second update. I, too, received 2021.36.5.2 and then saw "2021.36.5.1" being pushed. Instead, I opted to NOT install that software update. My car still shows it has 2021.36.5.2. We'll see if I actually do, though, we I go out on my commute in to work in the morning.

Reactions: kizamybute'
I am not sure if you want to put yourself and your family through the 10.3 version:

I had it for one more drive this morning. Tried it once last night. Both times, it tried to turn right in front of oncoming cars. First time was a right turn directly in front of a bus. Second time, tried to make a left when cars were coming.

Was cool to at least try it, but it did scare the crap out of me on a few occasions in just two drives. Stopped a car length short at intersections. Missed multiple right turns. Hugs parked cars in the right lane. Jerks the hell out of you when a lane widens. Shot right two lanes for no reason. Changed lanes to the right, despite the left turn coming up and immediately changed lanes back to the left. Tried to be forgiving since it's "Beta", but looking back after a second drive, it was pretty bad.

Second drive, AP now won't engage, not FSD nor regular AP. So have nothing now.

Reactions: 00XFL
I have been waiting to babe accepted into the FSD Beta. My score was 98 with a nice balance of autopilot and me driving. I have been doing this for close to a month and now my score is gone and the car wants me to opt back in??? This is frustrating. What do I need to do to get accepted into this program. I drive a couple hundred miles a week.