Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta expansion to new beta testers June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was longer than a week. I tried unsuccessfully for a few weeks to maintain my safety score above 98. At that point people were already getting accepted. I opted out and opted back in and eventually achieved my 98 for more than 100 miles. I got it 2 days later. It was probably one month between the first post I saw where people were getting beta until I ultimately got the beta. But traded in that X for the new one. So starting over. Hopefully tomorrow it arrives !
Same boat here. Had it my 2020 X and traded that in for a 2022 X. I enjoyed FSDBeta.

Same boat here. Had it my 2020 X and traded that in for a 2022 X. I enjoyed FSDBeta.
When did you take delivery of your 2022 X? Have you had a software update yet, or are you still on the “factory” software? I’m on 2022.11.101.1 (factory software). It usually takes a while to get an update, and get off of the factory software. I wonder if that will hinder getting into the beta program if they roll it out later this week?

When did you take delivery of your 2022 X? Have you had a software update yet, or are you still on the “factory” software? I’m on 2022.11.101.1 (factory software). It usually takes a while to get an update, and get off of the factory software. I wonder if that will hinder getting into the beta program if they roll it out later this week?
Delivery in April. I’m on the latest software. Wouldn’t surprise me if that is problematic.

Alright, all Elon Musk tweets point to the expansion of FSD beta testers in June 2022 with safety scores as low as possibly 95. I am at a 99 and have been waiting for 6 months, since I purchased my Tesla shortly after the December 2021 expansion of beta testers. Looking forward to it!

After performing all the necessary hardware upgrades, listening to all of Elon’s promises, maintaining a 99-100 safety score and waiting 5 1/2 years, I’m still waiting. Get used to it!

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
Question - what is the exact message you get on your Tesla - screen about the update? I am not 100% sure - but I believe my message recently changed slightly. It now says I am in the que and I thought it used to say that I was waiting to be in the que. However, I am not 100% sure.

Based on the amount of complaints I'm reading on this forum on 10.12.2, I think Tesla will release 10.12.3 before going wider (unfortunately). So probably not today.

I'm reading lots of new positives with potentially higher ceilings but also needs some cleaning up before going to a wider public.

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
Based on the amount of complaints I'm reading on this forum on 10.12.2, I think Tesla will release 10.12.3 before going wider (unfortunately). So probably not today.

I'm reading lots of new positives with potentially higher ceilings but also needs some cleaning up before going to a wider public.
Not sure why Tesla has been putting off including new testers for so long. If 10.12.2 has issues, just push 10.11.2. Afterall 60k had it for nearly 2 months.

Not sure why Tesla has been putting off including new testers for so long. If 10.12.2 has issues, just push 10.11.2. Afterall 60k had it for nearly 2 months.
I saw a post once that I cannot get out of my head. Maybe it's not Tesla. Maybe it is a 'quiet arrangement' with the regulating authorities, i.e., NHTSA, to slow the roll or NHTSA will slow it for them. I mean it kind of makes sense. If word got out that regulating authorities were behind that, it could slow FSD purchases. But there are safety concerns and I believe there is a balance between wanting to roll it out, and repercussions if they do. I mean I am sure Musk would love to release the entire 'beta' to the fleet if he had his way.

I do believe, however, that the next point release will be the release that expands it. Probably a few more weeks would be my best guess.

I saw a post once that I cannot get out of my head. Maybe it's not Tesla. Maybe it is a 'quiet arrangement' with the regulating authorities, i.e., NHTSA, to slow the roll or NHTSA will slow it for them. I mean it kind of makes sense. If word got out that regulating authorities were behind that, it could slow FSD purchases. But there are safety concerns and I believe there is a balance between wanting to roll it out, and repercussions if they do. I mean I am sure Musk would love to release the entire 'beta' to the fleet if he had his way.

I do believe, however, that the next point release will be the release that expands it. Probably a few more weeks would be my best guess.
Agree. I don’t see the expansion going out in the next 48-72hrs.

That sounds like speculation rather than anything concrete.

I'd say - if there was such an arrangement, we'd hear more about it. NHTSA is hardly a leak-free zone.

Reactions: Yelobird

I don't think Musk would purposely antagonize people by saying several times recently that he's ready to widen the beta program, if indeed his hands were tied by NHTSA. Not that Musk's tweets are super trustworthy, but this theory doesn't hold much water IMO. He can just not say anything, which he very often does wrt FSDb intentions.

• Disagree
Reactions: KArnold
I don't think Musk would purposely antagonize people by saying several times recently that he's ready to widen the beta program, if indeed his hands were tied by NHTSA. Not that Musk's tweets are super trustworthy, but this theory doesn't hold much water IMO. He can just not say anything, which he very often does wrt FSDb intentions.
In the absence of actual information, the internet will simply make stuff up. I expect Tesla will expand the beta program when the engineers and lawyers decide that the benefits to Tesla outweigh the added liability exposure despite what the CEO tweets.

The fact that Tesla has added virtually no new US participants since December, regardless of safety score, is an indication that they either are getting enough data from the existing pool of testers or that the additional data from new testers is not worth the potential liability.

• Informative
Not that is means anything, but today one non-FSD beta version from 2021 was updated to the current FSD beta version. Probably someone who got in a long time ago and is finally upgrading. But something to keep an eye on.
More likely a TeslaFi bug. You can change cars and it will incorrectly attribute data from one car to another. This is likely a user adding/removing cars in their account.

I encountered a similar bug when I first created a TeslaFi account. I added my older 2018 first at primary, then decided to switch it to my 2022. As a result TesalFi reported a downgrade in version when in actual fact the 2018 was on a newer version than my 2022.

• Informative
Reactions: nvx1977