Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta expansion to new beta testers June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the absence of actual information, the internet will simply make stuff up. I expect Tesla will expand the beta program when the engineers and lawyers decide that the benefits to Tesla outweigh the added liability exposure despite what the CEO tweets.

The fact that Tesla has added virtually no new US participants since December, regardless of safety score, is an indication that they either are getting enough data from the existing pool of testers or that the additional data from new testers is not worth the potential liability.
Then they should drop the safety score for people who opted in if they aren’t going to add new users. If you want Tesla insurance, use it for that. I had the beta on my 2020 Y. Paid $12k for “FSD” on my 2022 in hopes it would transfer to the new car like the YouTube superstars magical cars do. Having had the beta, I actually find value in it. The current FSD/NoA is worth about $3,000 imho. The beta might not be worth 12k, but to me, it’s worth a lot more than 3k.

Rant over. I get it, live and learn.

Edit: sp

Last edited:
Based on the amount of complaints I'm reading on this forum on 10.12.2, I think Tesla will release 10.12.3 before going wider (unfortunately). So probably not today.

I'm reading lots of new positives with potentially higher ceilings but also needs some cleaning up before going to a wider public.
Yep, 10.12.2 seems like an abomination. I unenrolled for this cycle, even though I have held a 100 SS for months. Remember, sometimes you get what you ask for and regret it!

Expansion to new safety score comment was dependent on 10.12.2 being a stable improvement.

My experience with it however is that it’s a nightmare. Like all overs two forward and one back. The stuff that’s bad is real bad.

The car has constantly trying to kill me by trying to t bone parked cars and pulling out into oncoming traffic and then SUPER panic stopping in the middle of cross traffic a cross multiple lanes of active traffic.

I initiated a camera calibration to see if that helps; doubtful. Besides I just did month a couple months ago when Tesla replaced by corner cameras.

I highly doubt we’ll see new people, again. Maybe with a 10.12.3 or maybe just 10.13.2 in another month or two.

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
Expansion to new safety score comment was dependent on 10.12.2 being a stable improvement.

My experience with it however is that it’s a nightmare. Like all overs two forward and one back. The stuff that’s bad is real bad.

The car has constantly trying to kill me by trying to t bone parked cars and pulling out into oncoming traffic and then SUPER panic stopping in the middle of cross traffic a cross multiple lanes of active traffic.

I initiated a camera calibration to see if that helps; doubtful. Besides I just did month a couple months ago when Tesla replaced by corner cameras.

I highly doubt we’ll see new people, again. Maybe with a 10.12.3 or maybe just 10.13.2 in another month or two.
Nope

Alright, all Elon Musk tweets point to the expansion of FSD beta testers in June 2022 with safety scores as low as possibly 95. I am at a 99 and have been waiting for 6 months, since I purchased my Tesla shortly after the December 2021 expansion of beta testers. Looking forward to it!

Alright, all Elon Musk tweets point to the expansion of FSD beta testers in June 2022 with safety scores as low as possibly 95. I am at a 99 and have been waiting for 6 months, since I purchased my Tesla shortly after the December 2021 expansion of beta testers. Looking forward to it!
FSD Beta 10.12.2 is downloading as of right now I have also been waiting 8+ months God bless Elon:)

87155EF9-F1D6-49E3-BDA8-B656CB2641C8.jpeg