Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta expansion to new beta testers June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5EE14E4D-534F-4D64-B6C8-BA58A571062C.jpeg

Finally got 10.12.2.20 today also. Been running at 99-100 for 3 months. So glad I don’t have to yell at anyone for using the breaks anymore. I have been worried about my score for almost the entire time I’ve had the car. Can’t wait to really start driving it now (or have it drive me).

My 2022 M3LR was delivered to me just before Christmas. Within days I received the v11 software update.
Things seems to have gotten much slower since then. When I got my first in 2018 I got a software update the next day. I also had zero issues with my 2018. My 2022 on the other hand had so many issues that it needed a service to fix them. Some of them included issues with the USB drive. That is when the SC contacted the engineers in CA and they basically told the SC what I relayed here. I.e. the reasons for the many weeks delay getting an update. Mostly related to the ongoing chip shortage and the need to rewrite drivers for different chips, but also the need to keep the new cars on a stable build for a while. It is possible that if you get a new car near the end of the batch, i.e. near the end of the 4-6 weeks, that you could get an update the next week. I was one of the first on the new build, so was not as lucky.

Having said that, I suspect the 2022.11.101 and 2022.11.102 build will be upgrade directly to 2022.16.x or later. Unlikely to be 2022.12.x, which means unlikely to get the 10.12.2 FSD Beta.

My 2022 M3LR was delivered to me just before Christmas. Within days I received the v11 software update.
The holiday release is a special case - once you've been around for a few years you'll learn to look forward to it and then love 50% of it and hate 50% of it. It gets pushed basically to everyone all at once. You were lucky you got your car just in time for that. Everyone else though, including both of mine (delivered in Feb 2019, and March 2022) was on the factory build for about 4-6 weeks before getting the mainline build.

Received the Beta yesterday evening. Haven’t gone for a drive yet but am looking forward to seeing how it works. I expect bugs so will stay patient and alert. Will report back.
it's not really bugs... it's just incomplete. They are teaching a neural net how to drive from scratch. And it's at the stage where it can handle the basics, but anything a little weird will produce unexpected results.

Like if you drive mainly on very well marked two-lane roads with light traffic, it can do that pretty well. Drive in any moderate or heavier multilane traffic, not so much. You should expect it not to handle most things, and be surprised when it does.

Not trying to bash FSD - I love trying it out - but here in the greater Los Angeles area, I usually can't go more than a minute or two without disengaging. Biggest reason: lane confusion. It gets in the wrong lane for a turn, makes a turn and choses the wrong target lane to turn into, gets in turn-only lanes when it needs to go straight and vice versa, sits at a light in the left lane with the right turn-signal on, etc. Single-lane neighborhood driving - it can do that all day.

Quick question: Do you need a invite to the Beta program and a high score?

Or do you need the high score to get the invite to the beta program?
The latter, presumably, although I’m not sure we know exactly what threshold score is required, and it could theoretically differ by region and car model in order to provide the distribution Tesla wants to cover.

To be more clear. I got the invite, but not the software. Is that normal?
I think everyone is allowed to request the beta. You sign up for that on your car. That might be what you are calling the invitation.

From that point on you have a safety score assigned. You have requested but not received the beta at that point.

In the past if you kept a certain threshold safety score for a certain number of miles or days, and Tesla was adding beta testers, then you got in and the beta automatically downloaded.

There was a hiatus of Tesla adding new Beta testers in the USA from about New Years until yesterday. So many of us has requested the beta months before but not received it.

And yesterday Tesla opened it up for 40k new beta testers.