Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta expansion to new beta testers June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Garbage is 100% how I'm feeling watching 93s get in while I have a 99.

I'm sure there's some weird metric they don't tell the public that we aren't hitting.
I did a long drive (150miles) using 80% AP but I really stay focused on keeping pressure on the wheel so it wasn’t asking me to move/nudge the wheel much at all.

I have a suspicion that if when using AP you are constantly getting nagged to hold/wiggle the wheel it hurts your chances to get the beta. I only opted in Saturday night and the beta update was ready to download when I got back home from my 150 drive yesterday

Garbage is 100% how I'm feeling watching 93s get in while I have a 99.

I'm sure there's some weird metric they don't tell the public that we aren't hitting.
Precisely how I feel sitting at 100 since 2021. The lack of transparency is maddening and discouraging.

I have an early 2018 model 3, day 1 reservation holder, and a MYLR for the wife, nearly six figures in Tesla stock and lots of wom referrals. But these antics erode this sense of brand loyalty. All the bulls and fanbois will tell me to leave and go buy a superior product - and I would agree right now Tesla is way ahead. But such is the short view. Long view matters too and not a great way to build lifetime loyalty. Just my thoughts, feel free to hate all you want

Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
Unsafe following only recorded when steering manually. If you have 1 mile of manual driving and 1000 on AP, your 0.1 miles of close following counts as 10%!
So I wanted to test this again to see if anything changed. I drove my 10 mile commute (7 freeway and 3 surface streets). I used AP for the entire drive with the exception of on and off the freeway. I have my distance set at 7. I received 40 percent of my drive as “unsafe following”. No one was in front of me on the on and off ramps. The only thing I can add, is that in the city of LA, people constantly cut in front of you and the car was constantly hard braking. This is why I stand by my statement that AP is killing my score.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
So I wanted to test this again to see if anything changed. I drove my 10 mile commute (7 freeway and 3 surface streets). I used AP for the entire drive with the exception of on and off the freeway. I have my distance set at 7. I received 40 percent of my drive as “unsafe following”. No one was in front of me on the on and off ramps. The only thing I can add, is that in the city of LA, people constantly cut in front of you and the car was constantly hard braking. This is why I stand by my statement that AP is killing my score.
“With the exception of on and off the freeway” - this is where you are getting dinged, likely during exit. Esp in LA - ahole drivers everywhere. Try NOAP all the way till you are below 50 mph exiting

“With the exception of on and off the freeway” - this is where you are getting dinged, likely during exit. Esp in LA - ahole drivers everywhere. Try NOAP all the way till you are below 50 mph exiting
Your brief moments off AP while merging on/off is getting hyper concentrated in the few manual miles you have over 50 mph. All your manual miles need to be literally 100% perfect and your following distance needs to be ridiculously conservative - nearly impossible on SoCal freeways, so I recommend AP at all times over 50 mph. You literally need to be perfect

Reactions: Mark II
I agree doozenberg! This is BS! I’ve requested beta on Jan 5, 2022 and then people are requesting it over the weekend and getting it, it’s mind blowing. 4k+ miles and 100 SS! What gives!?!?!?!? I was excited yesterday, but ended getting .16 not .20… WTF!?!?!?!?
Infuriating to say the least. Did you ever opt out? Guessing you’ve been compulsive about AP usage and likely have over 100 miles on AP right? There are no answers, only conjectures at this point

I did a long drive (150miles) using 80% AP but I really stay focused on keeping pressure on the wheel so it wasn’t asking me to move/nudge the wheel much at all.

I have a suspicion that if when using AP you are constantly getting nagged to hold/wiggle the wheel it hurts your chances to get the beta. I only opted in Saturday night and the beta update was ready to download when I got back home from my 150 drive yesterday
If it did then it should be a metric. I doubt the nags have much if any impact on acceptance or not, but certainly AP forced disengagements will

Just got the notification in the app for software update 2022.12.3.20. It is updating now,

Attachments

• IMG_4260.jpg
    IMG_4260.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Mark II
Opted out in March 2022 after 3 months of safety score trying to get back into FSD Beta after trading in my 2019 Model 3 with FSD 10. 8 at the end of Dec 2021. After seeing Elon’s Tweet last week I opted back in last Wednesday 6/01. Good thing I was reading here and learned about the 100 mile Autosteer requirement. That was after I racked up over 100 miles without autosteer. I drove 130 miles yesterday with autosteer and am now one week later am downloading 2022.12.3.2. :cool: 100 SS
52A18508-7024-4ED1-AB55-27A13E8BAEB6.jpeg

Last edited: