Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta expansion to new beta testers June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t someone on here get .16, then immediately afterwards, got .20? I’m still on .101.1, so my hope of getting it is pretty much out the window at this point.
I’m with you. I took delivery on 5/27 and am still on my factory build, same version as you (11.101.1.) SS is 98 currently, but it’s sounding like I’m a couple weeks out from even getting on the main line, let alone getting the beta.

OMG. The wait is over. For whatever reason it was just pushed to us. 100 score waiting since 12/28. Did a lot of AP miles - what I believe was over 100 - likely pushing us over the edge today possibly. Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty…
8AA66A1F-1D43-4699-92BC-830E0A0EA82F.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I finally got my update now, downloading as we speak, did another 20 or so miles on AP, I want to say the key was driving 100+ miles on AP in the last 2 days but that could just be me and random timing. But if anyone can try driving like 100+ miles on AP and seeing if they get the update for more data points that'd be interesting.
I believe driving 100+ miles on NAP helped in my case.

Reactions: doozenberg
Like, 100 miles at one time while on AP? I drive over 100miles a day, most of which is on AP? Have over 1,300miles with a 100 score.
Believe it is cumulative 100+ miles with AP engaged, not necessarily in one day (though many have done this), manual miles not factored anymore it appear. But you are also on 11.101 factory software according to your previous posts so your prior suspicion may be right that you might need to get on to a more recent software update like to 2022.12.x before getting FSD, would be my best guess but given their total lack of transparency with these things, your guess as good as mine

Last edited:
Reactions: LowlyOilBurner
I would disagree with this based on my results. I tested this for about a month and everytime I used AP on the freeway I had an extremely high unsafe following rating. I have the same commute everyday, so fairly consistent tests. Only when I turn it off and stay about twice the distance that AP would normally follow would I get a safe following rating.
I never was assessed for unsafe following when using Autopilot. Are you mistaking TACC for Autopilot? Was the blue steering wheel icon visible during your AP highway drives?

Doesn't seem to be the case for me... driving around town under 40 I get dinged for unsafe following... either my car is effed up or something idk lol
I don't know why this is debated at all. Tesla clearly publishes exactly how and when the safety score is calculated right on their web site:

(and it's 50 mph)

• Love
Reactions: Silicon Desert
So I wanted to test this again to see if anything changed. I drove my 10 mile commute (7 freeway and 3 surface streets). I used AP for the entire drive with the exception of on and off the freeway. I have my distance set at 7. I received 40 percent of my drive as “unsafe following”. No one was in front of me on the on and off ramps. The only thing I can add, is that in the city of LA, people constantly cut in front of you and the car was constantly hard braking. This is why I stand by my statement that AP is killing my score.
This is a common misunderstanding. The 40% you got was not 40% of your entire drive, it's 40% of the time you were not on AP. When you are on AP, then NOTHING counts against you. So if you were off AP for only 2s of your entire drive, but 1s of that was too close, then you get dinged for 50%.

And TACC is not AP.

Everyone should read this page - Tesla clearly spells it out.

Congrats doozenberg! I did 147 with NAP yesterday and still no love. I guess I'm in FSD beta jail and will never get out unless it's released to everyone.. Giving up at this point... Still don't get it.. 4300 miles 100 SS 147NAP miles and nothing.. Tesla is giving me the finger at this point.
Sorry @Ghertzpsu 😓 - what hardware/mcu are you on, software version are you on, etc? Guessing if you opted in 1/5 this is a 2022 car with a recent software build but seems like folks like @LowlyOilBurner or those on mcu1/older cameras could be edge cases. Everything is conjecture at this point as to why people are being left in the dust. But I feel your pain, truly does suck.

Speculation,
opt in to FSD beta que
1. 100 miles without Autosteer and about a 95+ safety score. This will help if you get dinged when you release Autosteer when stopping.
2. 100+ miles with Autosteer. I did Autosteer on local roads so I did 150 miles as a buffer for starting and stopping.
3. Wait a week for FSD Beta download.

“perseverance furthers”

Last edited:
Reactions: robby19k
Speculation,
opt in to FSD beta que
1. 100 miles without Autosteer and about a 95+ safety score. This will help if you get dinged when you release Autosteer when stopping.
2. 100+ miles on Autosteer. I did Autosteer on local roads so I did 150 miles as a buffer for starting and stopping.
3. Wait a week for FSD Beta download.

“perseverance furthers”
Can provide another data point that this is not the only gatekeeping requirement.

I have 215 miles so far this month, well over 50% of AP.

Have been opted in since day 1, camera retrofit completed 12/30/2022.

🤷‍♂️