Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta expansion to new beta testers June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you (and others) for adding the details, i have a way better understanding of how they are averaging and calculating things and feel i have a MUCH better shot at getting good scores now. It's a shame it requires this sort of gamification to get the beta but i guess it is what it is, just get better at playing the game ;)
If you think the safety score is "gaming", wait until you get the Beta. :)

I read people's comments that they hate driving like a grandma to get invited into the Beta, then they get into the Beta and they complain that the Beta drives like a grandma. 😂

I read people's comments that they hate driving like a grandma to get invited into the Beta, then they get into the Beta and they complain that the Beta drives like a grandma. 😂
The problem I have with FSD beta is that it's like Jekyll and Hyde - sometimes it drives like grandma and others it drives like a drunk teenager...

I was a previous beta customer, dropped FSD. Decided to see what the progress is these days (knew it is likely garbage..but hey, had a trip to do so figured why not) anyway...now back in the queue, and no Beta. after weeks and keeping a 98 score. Said screw it and dropped FSD again, done with Tesla and the lies/nonsense and marginal product that can't perform and this game of waiting in a queue, as a previous Beta customer, and not getting it again.

Whatever....

Thank you @Mark II for bringing the 100 mile AP/NOA requirement for FSD Beta to the attention of TMC. I’m pretty sure it was your posts that tipped me off to the requirement.

Now as for you, @Silicon Desert ,
I am 100% sure you got it because you drove the 100+ miles AP. :) and by the way, I was hearing about this requirement a few months ago from guys at the GF.
Did you share this information with TMC after you learned it from GF employees? Had you signed an NDA which prevented you from sharing?

Don’t worry, I forgive you. My wife has been after me for the last 8 months to find out why I had not received FSD Beta even though I was maintaining a 98 to 99 Safety Score, so she may not be quite so quick to forgive.

I got FSD Beta late last night and we had our first adventure today. It was awesome, (and a little scary!)

I was a previous beta customer, dropped FSD. Decided to see what the progress is these days (knew it is likely garbage..but hey, had a trip to do so figured why not) anyway...now back in the queue, and no Beta. after weeks and keeping a 98 score. Said screw it and dropped FSD again, done with Tesla and the lies/nonsense and marginal product that can't perform and this game of waiting in a queue, as a previous Beta customer, and not getting it again.

Whatever....
Good luck with future endeavors...

Reactions: GalacticHero
For those that needed to try to meet the 100 AP miles in the last 30 days... if you use AP so little, why do you have FSD?
In my case most of my driving is city roads, and AP was causing problems with my safety score. I.e. it would not stop for pedestrians, so I would need to engage, however that would result in hard braking, since you can't touch the brakes without getting a ding. Then I would have to drive a lot extra to try reduce the impact of the ding, however if I drove all the time without AP the impact of the ding would be far less, and it was easier to avoid the dings in the first place. Before the safety score I always used AP on city streets.

I now drive mostly FSD on city roads. Main issues I have:
- It often goes into far right lane when it is supposed to make a left turn? Does it often enough that I just take over before hand.
- It does some very erratic turning of the Yoke when doing a left turn. I am sure it would be less of an issue with a round wheel, however the yoke makes it really awkward, and often I enough I need to engage that I can't just let it go. FSD Beta + Yoke = horrible experience.
- It often hard brakes for pedestrians that are not going to cross the road. e.g. waiting at a bus stop*, or crossing an intersection parallel to the direction I am driving.

*The folks that place bus stops decided putting them at cross walks was a good idea. It's not! Even normal folks get confused by people standing at bus stops at a pedestrian crossing. There are a number of them in our neighborhood.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
I got FSD Beta late last night and we had our first adventure today.

What software version were you on prior to 2022.12.3.20/10.12.x ?

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I’m on 2022.16.1.2 and I think my M3 is waiting until FSD 10.13 (2022.x , whatever that FSD will come on) because presumably I can’t “downgrade”.

I have about two weeks elapsed post-“button” with 250+ miles of AP/NoA and 98ss.

• Informative
Reactions: kbecks13
What software version were you on prior to 2022.12.3.20/10.12.x ?

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I’m on 2022.16.1.2 and I think my M3 is waiting until FSD 10.13 (2022.x , whatever that FSD will come on) because presumably I can’t “downgrade”.

I have about two weeks elapsed post-“button” with 250+ miles of AP/NoA and 98ss.
When I got the notification that the software update was available, I checked TeslaFi and saw that the 2022.12.3.20 included FSD Beta 10.12.2. I noticed that the current version showing on my app was the one directly below that, which would be 2022.12.3.16. I know this isn't the answer you want and I think you probably won't get the "downgrade," but I hope you do and you can prove this "conspiracy theory" wrong!

Reactions: starship42
For those that needed to try to meet the 100 AP miles in the last 30 days... if you use AP so little, why do you have FSD?
Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. I got FSD because I wanted to be a part of this grand experiment. I was so impressed with Elon's accomplishment of vertically landing a rocket I would like to help him achieve another impossible task. Call me one of Elon's unpaid guinea pigs and I will not be insulted.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
I have about 200 miles on AP now with an average of 98-99 score. Still no beta for me! Been waiting since 2018. I was told I was going to be added to the EAP program back in 2018 and after long and frustrating back and forth with Tesla I dropped it. It is super frustrating to see people opt in and get it a few days later. I was also under the impression you were supposed to have a 30 day history. Ugh.
Is anyone still getting into this round of beta or is it closed at this point?

Whatever....
This is an incredibly hard problem to solve. I invite you to watch the lengthy Tesla AI videos. They are building some of the craziest hardware to help solve this problem. Yes Elon has a tendency to miss his deadlines, but he seems to eventually deliver on his promises.
I had a chance to drive a Nissan with an auto steer feature and wow Tesla is years ahead of them. It would just turn off with no alarm and steer you into the other lanes. This is going to take other vendors years to catch up.
Don’t get me wrong, I am frustrated too, but Tesla is not behind because of neglect. They are behind because this is probably one of the hardest software problems that has ever existed.

I have about 200 miles on AP now with an average of 98-99 score. Still no beta for me! Been waiting since 2018. I was told I was going to be added to the EAP program back in 2018 and after long and frustrating back and forth with Tesla I dropped it. It is super frustrating to see people opt in and get it a few days later. I was also under the impression you were supposed to have a 30 day history. Ugh.
I’d say it’s safe to say, no one is getting added at this point. If you’re on .16.2 or whatever the latest public build is, you’re not going to get downgraded to 2022.12.3.20. Since there is no communication from Tesla about this, it’s all speculation at this point.

I’d say it’s safe to say, no one is getting added at this point. If you’re on .16.2 or whatever the latest public build is, you’re not going to get downgraded to 2022.12.3.20. Since there is no communication from Tesla about this, it’s all speculation at this point.
Based on the TeslaFi cohort of cars, there were 2355 cars on FSD beta prior to the recent surge. Now there are 3418, but there are a trickle of pending installs (today 30). These numbers seem consistent with an overall increase in FSD beta users from 60,000 to ~90,000. There seems to room to add more FSD users to the beta.

I got 2022.12.3.20 on Saturday.

I could barely keep a score of 90 in the high density area where I live (SoCal near the coast). Then my wife's car went in the shop for a couple weeks so she had to drive the Tesla, and my score went up to 93. LOL!

Now I just need to find some time to try out FSDb.

Good luck.

Reactions: mbone3000
I’m with you. I took delivery on 5/27 and am still on my factory build, same version as you (11.101.1.) SS is 98 currently, but it’s sounding like I’m a couple weeks out from even getting on the main line, let alone getting the beta.
Did you end up getting FSD beta straight from factory build? I just picked up my Model Y yesterday (came with factory SW 2022.11.101.5) and subscribed to FSD immediately during delivery. An hour later I got a notification that 2022.16.1.2 is ready for download, but I haven't downloaded yet as I didn't want to lock myself out of getting 10.12.2. Just drove my 100 miles today in hopes I'll be able to go from factory straight to beta.
Same story here, I haven’t even gotten .16 yet.
Any update on if you got FSD beta?
From the day of delivery to when I got FSD beta. That was my first software update.
So you went straight from a factory build to FSD beta 10.12.2? Been perusing this thread to see if anyone else reported the same and you're one of the only ones I've seen who reported this. Either way, hope the same happens to my new Model Y.

I got 2022.12.3.20 on Saturday.

I could barely keep a score of 90 in the high density area where I live (SoCal near the coast). Then my wife's car went in the shop for a couple weeks so she had to drive the Tesla, and my score went up to 93. LOL!

Now I just need to find some time to try out FSDb.

Good luck.
That gives me hope, though tonight I saw a software update and was really excited, then I saw it was 2022.16.1.2.