Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for MCU1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I sued Tesla and won over this situation. The car with MCU1 clearly doesn't have the HW needed for FSD, and the judge agreed.

• Love
Reactions: t3sl4drvr
FYI, I sued Tesla and won over this situation. The car with MCU1 clearly doesn't have the HW needed for FSD, and the judge agreed.

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing !.

Got the update last night. In the FSD beta que. I’m pretty sure I need a camera upgrade. Safety score popped up after my first drive post accepting the terms. Now it’s no fun to drive;(

I doubt visualizations will be possible which are vital at this time to inform the 'tester' of vehicle intent.

One challenge is that the visualizations may be considered essential to monitoring the system for safety.

As you will hopefully find out first hand soon enough, the visualizations are not even close to being safety-critical. Paying attention to your surroundings is. The visualizations are mostly eye candy and sometimes can be used to explain why the car went errant. But that's really not the driver's job; it's Tesla's.

Also, it's hard to say that we're still testers when they've removed the problem reporting "AP snapshot" button from the UI. The non-safety-score cohort (early access and influencers) still have it.

From another thread but totally applicable here as well....

Yay!!!! A button to remind me of what I still can't get! Tesla...you're so awesome!!!! I love you!!!

You know what I think is hilarious is the button is included in a fractional revision of 2010.8.10.6 software. Literally all they did was change the .6 to .8 and put a button that doesn't do anything. So, now technically they're in the clear since, "anyone who purchased FSD can request FSD Beta by the end of the year"

I'm guardedly hopeful that this will shake out...