Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for MCU1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope?
1633492504187.jpeg

It is great to see that FSD beta shipments have started and people are really excited about it.

At the same time, it feels really unfair that Tesla has not even cared to acknowledge the situation with MCU1 cars (no software updates for a year, no way to request to be included in beta). We did pay for the same product with the same $$$ as the people who today received long waited Navigate on City Streets feature.

Ideas on how to get attention and answers from Tesla?

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.28.47 AM.png

It is great to see that FSD beta shipments have started and people are really excited about it.

At the same time, it feels really unfair that Tesla has not even cared to acknowledge the situation with MCU1 cars (no software updates for a year, no way to request to be included in beta). We did pay for the same product with the same $$$ as the people who today received long waited Navigate on City Streets feature.

Ideas on how to get attention and answers from Tesla?

View attachment 720238
No Idea, Create couple of Service Requests for Software Update, FSD Beta, All I hear back is your car has the latest software. They don't say your configuration has reach EOL (as others have mentioned) and thereby no updates are anything like that.. Looks like Elon's plan to get rid of their Marketing/press team is exactly for this reason there is no escalation available for whatever reason, I tried to tag the various Tesla user groups including Tesla, but all the Tesla Fan boys are interested only in the latest and greatest.

Reactions: t3sl4drvr
No Idea, Create couple of Service Requests for Software Update, FSD Beta, All I hear back is your car has the latest software. They don't say your configuration has reach EOL (as others have mentioned) and thereby no updates are anything like that.. Looks like Elon's plan to get rid of their Marketing/press team is exactly for this reason there is no escalation available for whatever reason, I tried to tag the various Tesla user groups including Tesla, but all the Tesla Fan boys are interested only in the latest and greatest.

Yea, 5 year old cars are waaaay too old to support anymore. Tesla only expects us to keep our cars till the next refresh.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Yea, 5 year old cars are waaaay too old to support anymore. Tesla only expects us to keep our cars till the next refresh.

If they cannot support a car after 5 years (Tesla does not have a policy or defined EOL), is it reasonable for us to claim they did not deliver the promised product with the lifetime of the car and there by requesting a full refund along with any value lost ?

Reactions: rxlawdude
If they cannot support a car after 5 years (Tesla does not have a policy or defined EOL), is it reasonable for us to claim they did not deliver the promised product with the lifetime of the car and there by requesting a full refund along with any value lost ?
Very true. I've heard from two service advisors. "What do you expect...the computer is 5 years old"

Reactions: t3sl4drvr
I managed to go to arbitration with Tesla a year ago for increasing FSD prices, wondering if it might be worth it to go through that process again and seeing if I can leverage an MCU upgrade out of it claiming that they never delivered on what they sold as having all the hardware for full self driving

Reactions: Terminator857
I managed to go to arbitration with Tesla a year ago for increasing FSD prices, wondering if it might be worth it to go through that process again and seeing if I can leverage an MCU upgrade out of it claiming that they never delivered on what they sold as having all the hardware for full self driving

Please share your experiences of the process. Would be very helpful for others who are in the same situation.

Would be a much better post if you actually stated the outcome of your first arbitration.

Please share your experiences of the process. Would be very helpful for others who are in the same situation.

Would be a much better post if you actually stated the outcome of your first arbitration.

Also, please share if you had gone through an attorney for this process or did this on your own.

We did win and didn’t need an attorney. We bought FSD for 5k and got 2k back through arbitration. Made the argument that they said it would be available for purchase for 4K after buying the car and that at the time they reduced the price to 3k, they hadn’t delivered any features yet. Was able to argue that this was in bad faith and that Tesla themselves had set the precedent that if a price is lowered before a product is delivered , then they honor the lower pricing

If you would have lost, would there been a risk of you needing to compensate for Tesla's legal representation or other costs?
Below is what it says in the MVPA, so I sure don't believe you should owe anything for heading to arbitration, regardless of the outcome. I believe this is functionally required by arbitration agreements, as one where the company prevents you from using public courts but then can charge arbitrary fees to the less powerful party of the contract would be a lot less agreeable to the courts.

1634062965256.png

In fact, there have been some interesting mass arbitration cases where people effectively hacked this process by realizing the company always had to pay, so there's very little downside in trying arbitration with a company that forces you into it. No lawyers needed, no fees, etc. Uber ironically sued the AAA for their fees in normal court after Uber forced their drivers to use only AAA to arbitrate disputes, and even went to a normal court trying to argue that they should be allowed to move into a class action that they contractually block their drivers from because dealing with 60K arbitration cases was too hard. Thankfully the judges there saw this for what it was and blocked it.

People with issues with Tesla really should take advantage of arbitration more often. It's free, and exactly the process Tesla wants you to use.