Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for MCU1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“According to the UCC, you must support products for a minimum of seven years after last customer ship”

Keep seeing similar on Google searches.

I’ve also worked for several fortune 100 manufacturers stated 7 years as well.

Maybe not a Fed or State “LAW” but an industry recommendation or something.
Just look at cell phones where they barely support them for 2 years after they sell them. So I really doubt there is any requirement to support products for 7 years after the last sale.

What I have found is that a car manufacturer has to be able to supply parts for its vehicles long enough to meet warranty obligations. (And even that isn't absolute, they don't actually have to provide parts, they can just choose to replace the vehicle instead.)

I'm not really sure where the discussion about supporting for 7 years is coming from.

People with MCU1 paid for FSD years ago. And it certainly looks like they will never get it. At the very least Tesla should allow a refund

I got the new software update yesterday and that was a welcome sight. But, the more I think about it. I’m starting to be convinced that mcu1 doesn’t work. Rumors have been out for while that techs were told it doesn’t work. Some time back, Erik on Twitter asked about fsd and mcu1 along with theater stuff. Elon said it was a thorny hardware problem and a mcu update would be available in a few months. Never touched the subject again. That’s pretty much saying they never fixed mcu1 hw3 and were just moving on to a updated mcu. Fsd customers should have never had to pay for mcu upgrades. Nor should we in the future. Something seriously needs to be done about this. I hope something is done to include all fsd customers that paid for a mcu2. Elon said all necessary hardware included.

Last edited:
Lol. You right about that. Was at the sc just yesterday. Asked one of the techs about it. And he said he really didn’t know. But the look on his face said it ain’t gonna happen. What a ripoff. If elon would’ve said fsd was gonna take another 6 years, most of us wouldn’t have paid for it. I’m just dying to see what the fanboys say when we don’t get it at wide release. As we know nothing gets out of beta at Tesla. But all I hear is wait til it’s out of beta or goes wide. Tesla is using the term beta as an excuse as they have become experts at using language to circumvent certain things. Super dissapointing!! Everyone who can, should start looking at legal action. Other continue to let your voices be heard and let him know about it on his Twitter page. This issue needs more media attention. So making it known on news media pages might not hurt either. Ripping off thousands of customers for thousands of dollars is serious. Tesla shouldn’t get away with it. Elon should expect this. He’s no dummy. I’d be shocked if he didn’t. He know what he said!!! All necessary Hardware included!!

I realize I’m in the minority but I can think of a hundred things that need more media attention. I’m going to wait it out. I mean, FSD doesn’t work yet. Maybe if I hold out I’ll get new 4K cameras. Kidding. Sort of.
I could agree with that. And definitely not saying there aren’t other things that need more attention. Just sayin that may be the only thing that makes them step up. We’ll see. For now, we all have no choice but to wait it out at least til wide release and see what they call fsd.