Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for versions with 2022.28.2 or 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figuring the potential of a downgrade isn’t happening, when is the next opportunity for FSD Beta?

After AI Day?

On a second note, are these people penalized for upgrading software when it is pushed to them? I wonder the rationale?

I emailed FSDbeta@tesla and tweeted and haven’t gotten a response yet.

Reactions: Jeffsstuff
Figuring the potential of a downgrade isn’t happening, when is the next opportunity for FSD Beta?

After AI Day?

On a second note, are these people penalized for upgrading software when it is pushed to them? I wonder the rationale?

It seems those people will have to wait until next month when the next beta release drops. I'm at 2022.28.2 as well so I'm not thrilled but it is that it is. We'll see what happens after AI Day.

Same here... It seems unlikely that there are 80,000 Tesla's that have paid for FSD that are still on the 2022.20.X software, so I think in order to get to Elon's 80k new FSDb testers, something will need to give. I understand it's unlikely those of us on 2022.28.2 will be taken back, so I'm also hoping that the next FSDb release drops the window is still open!

After AI Day?

My suspicion is that 10.69.3 will catch up to the current base version so that users who have newer base version do not need to downgrade those versions and lose newer functionality/fixes.

My suspicion is that 10.69.3 will catch up to the current base version so that users who have newer base version do not need to downgrade those versions and lose newer functionality/fixes.
That’s the main reason I opted out. I had FSD Beta before. The other features are more valuable than white knuckle driving with FSD Beta. And it will continue that mainstream will get mainstream features before FSD Beta while FSD Beta focuses on Beta and periodically catches up with mainstream.

I’ll just wait until FSD Beta is mainstream. Only then it might have a chance of being useful. But I suspect it will end up in the auto parking, summon, Nav on Autopilot dust bin any way. Cool party tricks and nothing more.

That’s reality.

I just got .69.2.2 2 days ago. It’s a mixed bag of improvements and regressions (especially over aggressive acceleration in turns and PB.). The newest sw features may be better to have at this point tbh. Hopefully 69.3 will be improved and integrate the new features.

What really annoys me is Elon’s tweet the other day which asserts that everyone with a score over 80 got FSD Beta when clearly many of us have not. Not cool (not surprised, but still, not cool). You don’t punish people for being early adopters. Had I known, I would certainly have held off on updating (I received the car last month with an older version like 2022.15.103.xxx. I simply would have waited had anyone bothered to explain it)

What really annoys me is Elon’s tweet the other day which asserts that everyone with a score over 80 got FSD Beta when clearly many of us have not. Not cool (not surprised, but still, not cool). You don’t punish people for being early adopters. Had I known, I would certainly have held off on updating (I received the car last month with an older version like 2022.15.103.xxx. I simply would have waited had anyone bothered to explain it)
Early adopter? You got your car less then a month ago. Give it time, there are people that have waited Years and are still not in Beta FSD.

Reactions: gaswalla
Early adopter? You got your car less then a month ago. Give it time, there are people that have waited Years and are still not in Beta FSD.
I was referring to software versions. And keep your judgment in check: my new S replaced my 2013 S. I’m also not the corporate CEO who posted on Twitter that everyone with a score over 80 and 100 AP miles had received an invite

For everyone here, my bet is that they will offer a software upgrade that’s needed to get FSD. Wonder if it’s going to be labeled as FSD or if we will have gm uograde again to 2922.x.X in hopes that the FSD is packaged with it. If that happens, it’s entirely possible we are upgraded again to some incomparable version

For everyone here, my bet is that they will offer a software upgrade that’s needed to get FSD. Wonder if it’s going to be labeled as FSD or if we will have gm uograde again to 2922.x.X in hopes that the FSD is packaged with it. If that happens, it’s entirely possible we are upgraded again to some incomparable version
I read elsewhere that employees are starting to pop up with .3 and it is still built on the older version

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
That’s the main reason I opted out. I had FSD Beta before. The other features are more valuable than white knuckle driving with FSD Beta. And it will continue that mainstream will get mainstream features before FSD Beta while FSD Beta focuses on Beta and periodically catches up with mainstream.

I’ll just wait until FSD Beta is mainstream. Only then it might have a chance of being useful. But I suspect it will end up in the auto parking, summon, Nav on Autopilot dust bin any way. Cool party tricks and nothing more.

That’s reality.
What seperates humans from the animal kingdom is narrowed down to one difference...our ability to "imagine". And furthermore, the deeper you can imagine the more evolved you are. FSD is no party trick.