Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta is coming to Canada allegedly in 2-4 weeks time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per
B77A954B-F4C1-4952-A85E-210AD35CBD6F.jpeg

Factoring Musk time, maybe two months at best?

For those of us chumps who have FSD, this might be of interest to you.

Cheers!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Would this mean that self parking, summoning, etc, be included
Yes, those features are part of FSD.

My 2017 and 2018 Teslas have a version of AP called “Enhanced Auto Pilot” that Tesla stopped selling a few years ago. You can think of it as FSD for freeways and restricted access roads only (it is not intended for use on city/suburban streets, e.g. it does not recognize stop signs and signals) and it also includes Auto Park and Summon.

Here is the Electrek story about Elon’s announcement that FSD Beta will be coming to Canada Tesla releases new Full Self-Driving Beta 10.9 software update, announces expansion in Canada

Reactions: Soul Surfer
if you are comfortable spending over $12,000 (with taxes) for FSD make sure your decision is based on long term ownership. I can assure you that resale values will not be in accordance with the appreciating asset theory of FSD on the overall value of your vehicle. I speak from experience after selling my M3 SR+ and I only spent about $6600 before taxes.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Tony,
Would this mean that self parking, summoning, etc, be included conceivably? Thank you as always for your wealth of knowledge.
Those features are already present if you bought the FSD package/subscription or if you have Enhanced Autopilot.

The subject of my post is Canadians who have the FSD option will be allowed to opt-in to the same Beta experience that the owners in the US are able to participate in right now. Where the car will attempt to drive from point A to B by itself.

Those features are already present if you bought the FSD package/subscription or if you have Enhanced Autopilot.
Agreed, that is correct. I was simply trying to clarify for @Soul Surfer that for those who have not paid for FSD, if they were to buy it they would get those features. I have EAP so have had those features for several years now. I have no plan to add FSD to my Teslas, for now EAP is enough for me. But when I replace my current cars I’ll buy FSD.

I am glad to see that FSD Beta participation is coming to Canada. A neighbor of mine recently took delivery of a Model Y, without FSD. But I noticed that his car has the option of turning on the “FSD Visualization” display, which my cars do not, so I saw that visualization for the first time today. Pretty cool! It showed the car detected signals, stop signs, speed limit signs, crosswalk lines on the pavement, and more.