Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta is now available to everyone who has paid for it with no safety score requirement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the FSD beta two days ago. I also signed up for Tesla Insurance the same day (policy hasn't started yet though).

I no longer have a Safety Score. It says "Policy must be in effect to transmit driving data". (Not sure if that's referring to the insurance policy?) It also says "Safety score will be available after your first trip". I have taken a couple trips, but it continues to say that.

Have they ditched the Safety Score altogether? Or does it reset when you start the FSD beta or get Tesla insurance, so it'll take a few trips to calculate? Confused.

The
I just got the FSD beta two days ago. I also signed up for Tesla Insurance the same day (policy hasn't started yet though).

I no longer have a Safety Score. It says "Policy must be in effect to transmit driving data". (Not sure if that's referring to the insurance policy?) It also says "Safety score will be available after your first trip". I have taken a couple trips, but it continues to say that.

Have they ditched the Safety Score altogether? Or does it reset when you start the FSD beta or get Tesla insurance, so it'll take a few trips to calculate? Confused.
Safety score is required for Tesla insurance outside of California. They calculate your insurance rate based on your "real time driving behavior" aka Safety score. California does not use this method, it uses points against you on your driving record.

The FSD take rate should increase dramatically (>50٪) now that it's actually available when you purchase it!
Indeed! I purchased FSD in 2017…. And finally last week received what I paid for! Of course I paid to upgrade MCU last year but imo that was worthwhile just for the improved media and map performance. But…. I admit to being a true early adopter!

As a less tuned in observer as of late, it seems kind of crazy. Most recent video reviews I saw were that it was a bit better in some areas but still wildly unpredictable and not particularly good in actual city driving.

Musk emboldened by other things he's been able to get away with? Tesla trying to front run FSD buyer lawsuits?

What metrics have been hit or tests passed that made them feel it was ready?

Or, final thought - is this about unlocked deferred FSD revenue that accountants allow them to book if it is widely released..?

I'll note that Tesla advertised autosteer on city streets as coming "later this year" when selling their cars. Perhaps that influenced Tesla to release autosteer on city streets this year?