Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta - No cruise no rear view and no visualizations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had FSD for about a month or so, been OK. But a day or two ago I get in the car, and there is no other cars in the visualization, no rear view camera, and I cannot even get cruise control to work. The visualization shows lanes, but the car doesn't try and "bump" me back into the lane and the radar sensors are showing the proximity lines, but no other alerts. That was frustrating but after getting the car home and charging overnight, its back to normal. This morning I get in the car, and the same thing, no visualization and no cruise or AP available. This is getting frustrating! I tried a soft reboot both times, switching off and on all the AP settings, removing my flash drive and none of that reset the car back to normal. Anyone have any tips, or solutions, or the same problem?

I have had FSD for about a month or so, been OK. But a day or two ago I get in the car, and there is no other cars in the visualization, no rear view camera, and I cannot even get cruise control to work. The visualization shows lanes, but the car doesn't try and "bump" me back into the lane and the radar sensors are showing the proximity lines, but no other alerts. That was frustrating but after getting the car home and charging overnight, its back to normal. This morning I get in the car, and the same thing, no visualization and no cruise or AP available. This is getting frustrating! I tried a soft reboot both times, switching off and on all the AP settings, removing my flash drive and none of that reset the car back to normal. Anyone have any tips, or solutions, or the same problem?
FSD beta has no radar.

If you can't fix the rear view camera, it's time for Sevice Center. It's a mandatory safety requirement.

See if that will bring back your FSD too.

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the exact same issue with exact same symptoms as your having.

Yes. The issue was due to a bad coax connection to a rear view camera - it was cause by Tesla’s own technicians when they came and “fixed” the recall on the rear harness (around trunk hinge) … the connection was loose and would normally reset overnight or power cycling the car. It was super annoying.

Yes. The issue was due to a bad coax connection to a rear view camera - it was cause by Tesla’s own technicians when they came and “fixed” the recall on the rear harness (around trunk hinge) … the connection was loose and would normally reset overnight or power cycling the car. It was super annoying.

This almost sounds exactly whats happening. Once the car power cycles it starts to work, then after some limited time its offline. I'm assuming something is loose and once that one sensor goes offline it takes down everything. The thing I cannot understand is why it doesnt specify which sensor. From what I've read these things usually are pretty specific lol. Thanks for the reply

This almost sounds exactly whats happening. Once the car power cycles it starts to work, then after some limited time its offline. I'm assuming something is loose and once that one sensor goes offline it takes down everything. The thing I cannot understand is why it doesnt specify which sensor. From what I've read these things usually are pretty specific lol. Thanks for the reply
Good luck. if you are handy - maybe check youtube and see if you can reset the CO-AX cable at the rear camera and see if that fixes you issue - in hindsight I wish I would have tried it vs not having FSD for over 8 weeks

This almost sounds exactly whats happening. Once the car power cycles it starts to work, then after some limited time it’s offline. I'm assuming something is loose and once that one sensor goes offline it takes down everything. The thing I cannot understand is why it doesnt specify which sensor. From what I've read these things usually are pretty specific lol. Thanks for the reply
I typed the reply here but I am not seeing… so I am doing it again - if you are handy - you can try and watch a youtube video and try to reset the coax cable yourself at the rear camera - in hindsight I wish I would have done it myself instead of not having FSD or any drive assist for 8 weeks. I sort of suspected it being an issue because it happened right after they “fixed” the harness. It was some trainee guy that did the work.. instead of the main tech… I had a bad feeling all along… I have to be on top of all the work and check the steps…

I typed the reply here but I am not seeing… so I am doing it again - if you are handy - you can try and watch a youtube video and try to reset the coax cable yourself at the rear camera - in hindsight I wish I would have done it myself instead of not having FSD or any drive assist for 8 weeks. I sort of suspected it being an issue because it happened right after they “fixed” the harness. It was some trainee guy that did the work.. instead of the main tech… I had a bad feeling all along… I have to be on top of all the work and check the steps…
Ok so i found the issue, and seemingly fixed and all is working for now. So I went outside this morning to see if the cameras would recalibrate and sure enough no dice, it started out working as normal and within 5 seconds on the highway it crapped out again. Then I notice each time the car craps out, I get an alert for "Lane Departure Avoidance" and remembered when I picked up the car I changed it from Disabled to Assist. I parked the vehicle, set this to disabled and then restarted my trip. Within 5 minutes all cameras recalibrated and seemingly was able to make a 15 mile drive back home on FSD. So for some reason, when I enable LDA it breaks something in the car. So I think whatever sensors or cameras that LDA is using maybe are malfunctioning. Or maybe something is just glitchy with this last update on the vehicle. In any event at least I can utilize the vehicle normally now and enjoy it a bit and then i'll drop it off for service next week and see what they say