Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta - No Email From Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a push notification last night that there was a software update to my Model Y - and it turned out to be FSD Beta last night (Yay!). But ... I didn't receive a welcome email or any advance instructions on what to expect or what to do, etc. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else out there and to ensure I'm on their "mailing list."

One of the reasons I'm curious about the lack of email is because I went on a test drive last night at 11p, think I reported things correctly by pushing a button in the top nav, but the car also freaked out on me for no reason and I got what I think was a "stopping autopilot" alert when it didn't think I was paying attention (there was no warning to put a hand on the wheel ahead of time). So, want to make sure I didn't miss something on my first test drive and to ensure I'm doing things properly with this Beta.

I got this too last night (probably after midnight EST). It didn't seem to be anything other than a regular software update, although I didn't get an Update Complete notification. The new s/w rev did show in my app, but I noticed my safety score was gone, so I went to the car to investigate. It didn't pop up release notes, but lo and behold, when I brought them up manually it did show that it was the FSD Beta. I haven't gone for a drive yet though.

Just checked my junk folder and don't see anything there.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Yeah, we're definitely in the same boat as everything you described is what happened to me (including having to pull up release notes to know if this was Beta or not).

I'm glad I did my first drive late at night and with no cars. Takes some getting used to, but I'm excited to use it more.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Yeah, we're definitely in the same boat as everything you described is what happened to me (including having to pull up release notes to know if this was Beta or not).

I'm glad I did my first drive late at night and with no cars. Takes some getting used to, but I'm excited to use it more.
It also (possibly) reset my scheduled charging time to midnight (at least that's what it says in the app--I haven't checked the car yet), so watch out for that if you have that set.