Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta no improvements to highway driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not saying your car didn't brake, but I don't think it was the stop sign if you were only using TACC. Can you reproduce this at the same or other stop signs? Or maybe you had Autosteer enabled but forgot?

It is completely reproducible, stops at all Stop signs and also at all traffic lights regardless of status (so even when it is green).
I have made a couple of short video clips to demonstrate:

You can see that auto-steer is not enabled, the steering-wheel icon is grey, not blue. The car pops up the message that it will stop 200m ahead and gently, gradually slows down. This is fine, the case I complained about with the Fudge sign was not this smooth, that was a last moment sudden emergency breaking.

This clip shows an example of approaching a green traffic light, the car recognizes the light, also that it is green but still slows down to stop unless I step on the accelerator to override.

It is completely reproducible, stops at all Stop signs and also at all traffic lights regardless of status (so even when it is green).
I have made a couple of short video clips to demonstrate:

You can see that auto-steer is not enabled, the steering-wheel icon is grey, not blue. The car pops up the message that it will stop 200m ahead and gently, gradually slows down. This is fine, the case I complained about with the Fudge sign was not this smooth, that was a last moment sudden emergency breaking.

This clip shows an example of approaching a green traffic light, the car recognizes the light, also that it is green but still slows down to stop unless I step on the accelerator to override.
My experience is car slows at ALL traffic lights, even green. If you touch the go pedal, it will continue, but you have to do it every time. My guess is this is purposeful to make sure the driver is still engaged. It won’t go away any time soon. FSD is still nowhere close to real self driving with no need for humans. It’s misleading nomenclature, just like autopilot. It is, however, useful for folks who text at red lights as there’s a useful “ding” tone when light turns green…

My experience is car slows at ALL traffic lights, even green. If you touch the go pedal, it will continue, but you have to do it every time. My guess is this is purposeful to make sure the driver is still engaged. It won’t go away any time soon. FSD is still nowhere close to real self driving with no need for humans. It’s misleading nomenclature, just like autopilot. It is, however, useful for folks who text at red lights as there’s a useful “ding” tone when light turns green…
You car will proceed through green lights if there's another vehicle in front of you. Otherwise it stops as you describe. When the feature first came out, the car stopped at all green lights whether or not you were following someone.