Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD BETA No longer disappointing on my Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After selecting the "Enable NOA at start of trip" option and cleaning all my cameras with water spray per the owner's manual, FSD Beta performed much better today. No unexpected swerves or phantom braking. Only one instance when it looked like it wanted to turn left across traffic before the car ahead of us had turned. Didn't run any stop signs or red lights. In NOA, the car now transitions to the proper lane for upcoming exit at 1.0 miles - before it was random. Speed transition and reaction to traffic crossing safely ahead is much improved over basic adaptive cruise control. Still very herky-jerky on a couple of turns, several others done well. On two-way neighborhood streets without yellow line, it generally stayed somewhat to the right. I didn't have the confidence to see what it would do with opposite-direction traffic on these streets.

Overall, a very satisfying trip. The technology is awesome when it's working well, as it was most of the time today. I now feel more comfortable taking FSD Beta on the road, but I'm still going to watch it like a hawk and be prepared for the scary behavior I saw on first two drives. Not ready to try ULTs yet.

Thanks to all who provided feedback to my earlier post.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Glad to see your experience has improved. We've found that our Model 3 gets a little wonky when cameras get dirty, so I can believe that made a big difference.
Watching like a hawk, however, should be all FSD drivers' default mode. It is a beta, no matter how much it has improved over the last year. And -- most problems are annoying, but a few -- like its insane fear of construction cones/barrels -- can kill you.