Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta - no love for existing non beta 2022.40.4 - at least for now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I have 2022.40.4 on my S refresh. I had FSD Beta (I guess version 9) for a month in the summer, and thought it was disappointing. then I read Elon opened it up to everyone...and so the day before Thanksgiving I plunked down another $200 - and no FSD Beta 10.X for me.
I'm wondering, do I need to wait for my next update to be on the right fork? I think there is 10.69.3 on 2022.40.4 but I don't presume to be an expert on this.
I think I saw V11 is on a later release, but I think that's not widespread yet.
Basically, if I have to chill and wait for 10.X, that's life, but any idea how long I may have to wait?
Also, are driving scores relevant anymore? This summer I hovered around 95 to 98, but felt like I was driving like Grandma - in chill mode, an autopilot most of the time to keep my score up.
Again, thanks for any info or suggestions.

Since FSDb is built on 2022.36 software, your base version is ahead. Tesla does not downgrade for installing FSDb, so you would need to wait until a future release.

When will that be? Hopefully, Tesla will be incorporating FSDb into the production FSD with the single-stack version 11 by the time the holiday release comes out. If not, then a fallback might be to release a 10.69.X version in the holiday releas without single-stack.

But, I think they are working hard to get single-stack out by the end of the year.

FSD Beta and the general code branch were always on different versions. The general code branch was always ahead in features to the FSD Beta code, and Tesla does not usually allow downgrades in version numbers. Since you're on the general code branch, and now ahead of the FSD Beta code, you won't be able to get into 10.69.3.1 (2022.36.20).

You'll have to wait until the next FSD Beta update to get in.

There are a few scenarios for you:

1) Wait until V11 (single stack) is released and try to get in at that point - there is no timeline from Tesla on this yet. Rumors have it at the end of this year.
2) Keep your subscription going, press the Request button to get in and wait until the next FSD Beta update, which you should get.
3) Terminate your subscription, and then don't update your software until the next FSD update. Do this by taking your Tesla off WiFi (forget all your networks) so that the next general code update is not downloaded to your car. When you see that the next FSD update is released (either 10.69.3.2 or possibly V11), submit a request to Tesla Service to reinstall your current version. After a small wait you find that your car wants to re-install the current version you have (2022.40.4). Reconnect it to WiFi and allow it to reinstall your current version. Immediately after it finishes installing, make sure you cancel your request and then re-request FSD Beta. Drive 100 miles on AP, and you should get invited into the FSD Beta code.

many thanks for the replies! I did see someone post that they got their FSD when they had 100 miles on autopilot since requesting the beta - i didn't realize that...at least i did some NOA yesterday (it kept kicking out, it was raining...which Elon did not talk about either - inclement weather or even sun on the cameras!)
i feel like, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" - i thought i'd get InstaFSD, now with instant Amazon Prime delivery" - I didn't consider the relaxing of the restrictions did not equal "instant" - my fault.
still, i wanted my new toy :)
thanks again for the responses; i may take the car off wifi though now there's no benefit or reason to - unless i cancel as @Dewg suggested and then opt in. My neighbor (with a Plaid) is using beta to drive from his home to work, and was looking to get a pillow - he says once you trust it and get used to it, it is door to door, and really good!

Reactions: Dewg
...he says once you trust it and get used to it, it is door to door, and really good!
That's how people got into trouble (collisions, injuries, and deaths).

Before I can trust it, it must pass an obstacle avoidance test at its functional maximum speed (85MPH).

You know it's not for prime time because Tesla sends a cease and desist letter to those who tried to abuse its system by doing a collision avoidance test.

Last edited:
That's how people got into trouble (collisions, injuries, and deaths).

Before I can trust it, it must pass an obstacle avoidance test at its functional maximum speed (85MPH).

You know it's not for prime time because Tesla sends a cease and desist letter to those who tried to abuse its system by doing a collision avoidance test.

Dan O'Dowd runs a compeeting self driving software company and posts false info about tesla. You really are going to use that for your argument?