Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta on 2023.12.* - when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did got try going to the software menu and scrolling down. It will say checking for new software. You can only do once’s every 24 hrs I think. Prob won’t do anything but doesn’t hurt.

Last edited:
Can someone please set the record straight. I got my 23 x late october. I signed up for fsd beta in january. Since then i have not received any software updates on car. Im paying $199 a month and im not in beta and i have not received any of the non fsd updates etc. I understand this is linked to fsd updates needed but how long am i going to wait and keep paying the $199 and not get any updates to car or be admitted to fsd beta? Thank you in advance

Can someone please set the record straight. I got my 23 x late october. I signed up for fsd beta in january. Since then i have not received any software updates on car. Im paying $199 a month and im not in beta and i have not received any of the non fsd updates etc. I understand this is linked to fsd updates needed but how long am i going to wait and keep paying the $199 and not get any updates to car or be admitted to fsd beta? Thank you in advance

Details are helpful.

What version is your car on now? Did you click the sliders for beta access in the menus?

Tesla isn't letting new testers into the Beta program, yet, from the NHTSA recall. No one knows when they will start. Many postulate when the 11.4.X releases wide, but that's a guess. 11.4.1 was based on 2023.7.5.

Hope that helps.

• Helpful
Reactions: zazim and JB47394
Im on 2023.2.10 i requested beta access.

Beta is on 2023.7.5 (latest) so make sure you refuse any future updates on the car. If you download a public release that is higher than 2023.7.5 you will be SOL getting beta.

As mentioned by other's prior to current beta it's been quite a while since prior version and the current version is currently in a LONG DRAWN OUT release / push cycle for some reason. It could go wide any time, or it could be a while, or they might wait even longer and release a new beta based on 2023.12.xx which is what other beta drivers really want. Lots of new (non beta) features in the 2023.12.xx releases.

You shouldn't have signed up until there was a full push of beta that was lower than the version in your car.

Live and learn.

You can cancel and resubscribe once we get there. But I'm unsure if if once you cancel you have a cooling off period before you can resubscribe. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Lastly Musk said that when ready (beta v12-??? vs current v11.4.1) there will be free 30 day trail so why keep paying month after month when you don't have it. He offered no real other details and who knows how many other releases there will be in between. Musk did say 11.4.1 is basically v12.

Ehh...

I bought in when package was $6K and have been in beta since the start btw.

Beta is on 2023.7.5 (latest) so make sure you refuse any future updates on the car. If you download a public release that is higher than 2023.7.5 you will be SOL getting beta.

As mentioned by other's prior to current beta it's been quite a while since prior version and the current version is currently in a LONG DRAWN OUT release / push cycle for some reason. It could go wide any time, or it could be a while, or they might wait even longer and release a new beta based on 2023.12.xx which is what other beta drivers really want. Lots of new (non beta) features in the 2023.12.xx releases.

You shouldn't have signed up until there was a full push of beta that was lower than the version in your car.

Live and learn.

You can cancel and resubscribe once we get there. But I'm unsure if if once you cancel you have a cooling off period before you can resubscribe. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Lastly Musk said that when ready (beta v12-??? vs current v11.4.1) there will be free 30 day trail so why keep paying month after month when you don't have it. He offered no real other details and who knows how many other releases there will be in between. Musk did say 11.4.1 is basically v12.

Ehh...

I bought in when package was $6K and have been in beta since the start btw.
Ok thank you. So i will either stop auto updates or unsubscribe as per your logic. If anyone has any views on whether i will be put in penalty box if i unsubscribe please chime in. Thank you to all.

I would also considering shutting off the WiFi in the car. No reason I can think to have it on for the time being. At the least if makes sure you don't get updates because very few are pushed over cell.
I would also considering shutting off the WiFi in the car. No reason I can think to have it on for the time being. At the least if makes sure you don't get updates because very few are pushed over cell.
Thats is a great preventative tip! Is it used for anything?