Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta on 2023.12.* - when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not able to update to 2023.12.10. Picked up my (used) car from Tesla last week. It has FSD capability, but I don't have an option to enroll in FSD beta or download the update. It seems like they're only pushing it to a few cars at a time.
They push out updates in waves assuming you actually have FSD paid for.

If you go to subscriptions in the app (upgrades), does it give you the option to subscribe to FSD?

They push out updates in waves assuming you actually have FSD paid for.

If you go to subscriptions in the app (upgrades), does it give you the option to subscribe to FSD?
I do have FSD paid for. It doesn't give me an option to subscribe, it says 'full self driving capability included' in the upgrades menu, and I have working traffic light and stop sign control.

My car just prompted me to install 2023.12.10.
I was running 2023.6.11.

I picked up my MYP in late April and purchased FSD with the car. The option to join FSD Beta has been greyed out for me since I picked up the car.
It is installing now, and I will report back if it finally lets me join the FSD Beta. 🤞

Reactions: BrianGragg
Also interesting that this release did *NOT* go to the influencers up front. Been a while since that has happened.
Because they are on 11.4.1, which is the newer FSD. Why would they want to go back to 11.3.6?

It also took place with 11.3.6, most influencers were stuck on .4 or .5.

I have a car in the early release and a car in the wide release, the early release car has been passed by wide release 3 times I think.

Edit: I should have said, "Why would Tesla want them to go back to 11.3.6"

Just to clarify, you have a non-greyed-out switch to enable FSD beta? Also, have you been driving for at least some time and miles on non-beta FSD/autopilot?

I'm asking not to challenge anything you're saying, but strictly for information. A lot of people including my own family members are trying to play the cards correctly, and to grasp the correct expectations to get into FSD beta from 2023 software releases.
Yeah, that's right. I've had the car for 2 months now, already driven about 3500 miles without FSD Beta due to me having 2023.2.12, and usually use autopilot on my way home from work on the highway.

Keep in mind my car was used from Tesla, and in Canada almost every used car from them directly comes with FSD, so I have the whole thing, not a subscription, not sure if that matters.

I think there's some typo stuff in the first sentence, so I'm not sure what that one means. But to the next part, if you're responding to me, yes exactly it's unconfirmed.

We're trying to find out. Seeking data.

That's why I said " I'm not really sure" [but here's a thought] to @3rror who has a greyed out FSD beta switch on 2023.12.l0.
And why I simply asked the questions of @604_Dialect : is the beta toggle switch active, and if so does the car already have FSD/autopilot mileage history?
As SOON as the software was installed I was able to use FSD Beta, the toggle was active right away.

Just reporting back real quick.

Update to 2023.12.10 finished. Took 51 min for those that care.

I was able to select FSD Beta immediately once the install finished. I did not have access to beta before this release. I had been on 2023.6.11 for nearly a month or so.

I can’t comment on how it drives. I took it out for a short spin during rush hour rainy weather which proved a terrible idea.

Looking forward to my morning commute tomorrow though.

Reactions: JB47394
Well, I finally got into FSD beta on my 2017 Model S for the first time.

My car has had FSD package since it was newly announced, but was on MCU1 until December, so never got FSD beta.

Then I got an appointment in February to get MCU2 and the new cameras, but the recall happened, and then the version fell behind, so I still didn't get it.

Today I got 11.3.6 on 202.12.10.

Turned it on for a drive to the bank and it nearly wrecked my car on a drainage culvert within 30 seconds. I totally forgot about it because if you go up the middle of the road, it's not very deep (and I instinctively slow down a little for it), but FSD beta decided sticking to the right (and hitting the speed limit offset) was the plan, and even though I got on the brakes before I hit it, I still RAMMED the nose on the road. Had to stop and get out and make sure I didn't puncture anything.

So forced disengagement and possible damage less than 40 seconds into the first drive. I'll avoid engaging it in my neighborhood in the future.

Then I re-engaged it and it went to turn out of my neighborhood, but was doing it very tentatively and ended up stopping in front of oncoming traffic. I jumped on the accelerator and pulled out of the way. Two disengagements in 55 seconds of use. Yikes.

Later on the drive, turning left into the bank, it jumped on the brake (made the thumping braking sound) right in the middle of a left turn on a green arrow. The car behind me laid on the horn and I jumped on the accelerator to get it moving again. Yikes.

All the YouTube videos I've seen have it much more aware than that with people driving in San Francisco for hours without doing much with it.

I've been told setting it to "assertive" is much more effective and doesn't have the tentativeness that seems to make it a traffic hazard.

Also, I guess it doesn't handle humps very well? Hopefully, it took a serious gouge out of my underbody the first drive I had it enabled.

But still, I'll be eager to see how it improves.

Well, I finally got into FSD beta on my 2017 Model S for the first time.

My car has had FSD package since it was newly announced, but was on MCU1 until December, so never got FSD beta.

Then I got an appointment in February to get MCU2 and the new cameras, but the recall happened, and then the version fell behind, so I still didn't get it.

Today I got 11.3.6 on 202.12.10.

Turned it on for a drive to the bank and it nearly wrecked my car on a drainage culvert within 30 seconds. I totally forgot about it because if you go up the middle of the road, it's not very deep (and I instinctively slow down a little for it), but FSD beta decided sticking to the right (and hitting the speed limit offset) was the plan, and even though I got on the brakes before I hit it, I still RAMMED the nose on the road. Had to stop and get out and make sure I didn't puncture anything.

So forced disengagement and possible damage less than 40 seconds into the first drive. I'll avoid engaging it in my neighborhood in the future.

Then I re-engaged it and it went to turn out of my neighborhood, but was doing it very tentatively and ended up stopping in front of oncoming traffic. I jumped on the accelerator and pulled out of the way. Two disengagements in 55 seconds of use. Yikes.

Later on the drive, turning left into the bank, it jumped on the brake (made the thumping braking sound) right in the middle of a left turn on a green arrow. The car behind me laid on the horn and I jumped on the accelerator to get it moving again. Yikes.

All the YouTube videos I've seen have it much more aware than that with people driving in San Francisco for hours without doing much with it.

I've been told setting it to "assertive" is much more effective and doesn't have the tentativeness that seems to make it a traffic hazard.

Also, I guess it doesn't handle humps very well? Hopefully, it took a serious gouge out of my underbody the first drive I had it enabled.

But still, I'll be eager to see how it improves.
Assertive is the way to go, and I still have to use the accelerator at times to get it moving and not annoying people in back of me. It would be good to have a toggle off for “speed offset on city streets“ because it can be a bit unnerving.

Reactions: Crusader1
My 2018 LR Model 3 is on firmware 2022.45.15, FSD beta v11.3.6. Kind of sucks that beta users don't get as many updates because we miss out on some great new features and it can takes months for us to get them. Wish we could just get the new feature updates without the beta updates that haven't gone to wide release.