Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fsd beta question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I subscribed to fsd until I got into beta, then cancelled the subscription to go back to enhanced autopilot, do I keep the beta upgrades for enhanced autopilot?

I’m sure nobody has tested that yet, but smart summon is god awful with enhanced autopilot lol

There is a switch on FSD Beta to toggle it on or off. I have not explored the features lost or added, but if you bought FSD, you get smart summon with or without FSD Beta. I think you would lose all FSD functions and features if you cancelled FSD. You can just toggle off FSD Beta.

Reactions: deadwynter
If I subscribed to fsd until I got into beta, then cancelled the subscription to go back to enhanced autopilot, do I keep the beta upgrades for enhanced autopilot?

I’m sure nobody has tested that yet, but smart summon is god awful with enhanced autopilot lol
Beta upgrades? Like loss of your radar?

If you think smart summon is bad, why do you even want FSD beta?

From what I’ve seen on YouTube, it’s much better in the beta. Just was curious if it would revert the new code if I didn’t renew the subscription for things like navigate on autopilot, smart summon, etc.
I believe I read that you keep it once admitted, depending on your subscription status.

In other words, if you cancel your subscription, and then re-subscribe later down the road, you should still have access. I cannot recall the source off the top of my head though.

We canceled the FSD subscription on one of our cars and went back from FSD Beta down to Standard Autopilot. (We still have the FSD Beta on the other car).

There is a separate track of software versions for FSD Beta. Based on our experience here is what happens when you cancel your FSD subscription (with FSD Beta):
  1. You remain on FSD and FSD Beta with all features enabled until the full month expires. FSD subscription is for full months and is not prorated.
  2. Once the full month expires, all FSD features are immediately disabled and disappear from the UI, while you still remain on the same Beta software version.
  3. You might even get a Beta version update (which we did), but it doesn't bring any FSD features: they are all disabled/removed.
  4. After some time (more than a month in our case) your software will be updated to a non-Beta software version track.

Oh it is?! Thank you for clarifying! I thought there was improvements.

It's promised to improve starting version 11:

And it's promised to be released this summer:

And it's promised to be released this summer
Not promised! The exact language Musk used was “Probably ready for wide release this summer.

In general, whenever Musk mentions any timelines related to the Autopilot or FSD, this should not be read as any promise, commitment or a business plan. His timeline estimates typically represent his best guess about the most likely outcome, based on his present understanding of the situation. With just slightly higher than 50% probability. I.e. it’s more likely than not to happen in his view. If you read anything else into it, you’ll be disappointed! :)