Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Revocation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just completed a 4,600+ mile road trip, and I noticed that the AP nag will go directly to the audible ding (no visual cue first) if the car is “unsure” about the road conditions, for example when driving through construction areas. Would this count as a ”strike”?

I also frequently get the “take over immediately“ alert when changing lanes into or out of HOV lanes that use double lane markers. I wonder if that counts against you?

these do not count. the only ones that count is due to you not torqueing the wheel for a certain time, and if you exceed the speed limit.

Reactions: gaspi101 and K5TRX
I just completed a 4,600+ mile road trip, and I noticed that the AP nag will go directly to the audible ding (no visual cue first) if the car is “unsure” about the road conditions, for example when driving through construction areas. Would this count as a ”strike”?

I also frequently get the “take over immediately“ alert when changing lanes into or out of HOV lanes that use double lane markers. I wonder if that counts against you?
Yes this is my observation too. Sometimes the system gets so confused and demands immediate takeover....but this is just AP. Would this hurt you in FSD?

Reactions: K5TRX
The FSD beta is really unfair and almost impossible to achieve with 2 drivers. I sold a car in may to purchase the new refreshed X but still not available in which leaves one car with 2 drivers. My wife doesn't use FSD but I do. We're averaging 91 with both drivers but my score is 99.
Either separate the driver's score or deliver the X I ordered.(Please)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-102848_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-102848_Tesla.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20211024-102942_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-102942_Tesla.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20211024-103001_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-103001_Tesla.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 101
The FSD beta is really unfair and almost impossible to achieve with 2 drivers. I sold a car in may to purchase the new refreshed X but still not available in which leaves one car with 2 drivers. My wife doesn't use FSD but I do. We're averaging 91 with both drivers but my score is 99.
Love the unsafe following numbers, that's impressive.

I get “the ding sound” quite often even though my hand never leaves the wheel. Usually when the car is turning, I’m afraid to hold the wheel too tight and there is no way in hell that I’m looking down at the screen when the car is turning into traffic, hence the ding.

For me, fear of a “strike” is actually diverting my attention away from the road.

I get “the ding sound” quite often even though my hand never leaves the wheel. Usually when the car is turning, I’m afraid to hold the wheel too tight and there is no way in hell that I’m looking down at the screen when the car is turning into traffic, hence the ding.

For me, fear of a “strike” is actually diverting my attention away from the road.
Looks like I'm getting hit with unsafe following when on the eway a car emerges in front of me. My travel distance is set at 1

I have 99 and still don't have the beta. The grass is not always greener.

I really don't get it. I am a good driver, no accidents or tickets in many years. What can someone expect with a 85 score that is a result of driving on a congested freeway with people who can't stand to see more than a car length before they cut in. I have mine set at 7 car lengths and still can't get above 90. I paid for the FSD and how long will Tesla string out the beta as an excuse to not give it to those who paid for it with a score below 90?

Reactions: Terminator857
The question is how long will the beta last before ALL those who paid for it and have not scored below 50 are able to get it? There are many factors beond the control of the Tesla owner who bought FSD as to why a safety score is below 90. The safety score has glitches and is beta also and should not be the basis to delay getting the FSD, beta or otherwise.

I really don't get it. I am a good driver, no accidents or tickets in many years. What can someone expect with a 85 score that is a result of driving on a congested freeway with people who can't stand to see more than a car length before they cut in. I have mine set at 7 car lengths and still can't get above 90. I paid for the FSD and how long will Tesla string out the beta as an excuse to not give it to those who paid for it with a score below 90?
It’s all a game. To play the game, you’ll need to do things out of the ordinary. When they resume downloads to new users, reset your score with the opt out/in trick, then drive 100 miles at night to get a perfect score.

It’s not ideal, but that’s how you beat the game with a score lower than 99.

I also got a strikeout recently from manually accelerating past 80mph to pass someone on the highway while on AP/FSD. This limit was 90mph on regular AP, but I forgot they lowered it for FSD beta.

and if you exceed the speed limit.
I got one of these today because I was in the fast lane passing someone and had to get over because someone even faster came up behind me. So pushed it up to 83-84 to get past and over quickly and just barely failed to get it out of AP in time (I tried!). Locked out.

Technically though, I wonder if this actually counts as a strikeout - as long as it’s not single stack, I’m not actually using FSD Beta (or even FSD!) on the freeway. And it says you have to be using the FSD Beta feature for it to count. I’m using my EAP (NoA) - and a crappified version, at that. Silly Tesla Vision; so inferior.

I’ll have to be more careful now so I don’t have to find out! Pretty annoying, since in Southern California it is frequently the safest thing to push it over 80 for brief periods to move around in traffic (since everyone else is mostly doing 75-80). Too much of a pain to even use AP given its current state on the freeway, anyway, I guess.

Last edited:
It’s all a game. To play the game, you’ll need to do things out of the ordinary. When they resume downloads to new users, reset your score with the opt out/in trick, then drive 100 miles at night to get a perfect score.

It’s not ideal, but that’s how you beat the game with a score lower than 99.
saflak said:

OK..... what I've learned:
Unfortunately, in this area, it's very congested, and in order to reach a freeway, there are a ton of stoplights, some with very short yellow lights. I had a 100 percent score today, drove 75 miles, and in the last two miles, autopilot wanted intent to proceed through a light, I bumped the pedal, and the light immediately turned yellow. Autopilot sped up, I braked as little as possible, and got home with a score of 96. I have to go through about 20 lights to hit the freeway. If I drive normally, non AP, I continually get cutoff.

When the car accelerates towards what will be a red light (I know this area) it seems like an MCU problem that should be rebooted before I leave the car. I didn't think I braked that hard, so I forgot. Miles on AP behind a car on a good freeway, watch merging situations (people want to pass on the right from behind you when they run out of lane around here). MY FCW has no audible alarm, so if I'm not on AP, and I get cutoff, I reboot the MCU until Tesla will fix this BETA FCW feature. I'm not gaming anything, just trying to fix my car and be safe. Did I say AP freeway miles rule, and use scroll wheels to adjust, if you can get to a freeway ? I doing a few yellow light on AP experiments in the morning. Tesla service told me to opt out if I don't like silent FCWs. BTW, no tickets in 30 years.

Use AP at every possible opportunity. That’s the only thing that worked for me.