Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Revocation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are like me, I have over 600 miles and stuck at 99 which means that I have not launched my car in nearly a month (because you need to hard brake)......playing by the rules.

Anyone know the rules or reasons of why Tesla would CANCEL your access to the FSD Beta? Of course we read the email about not intervening etc.

But are there any clear rules for revocation like the Safety Score - I have worked hard to hit my 99.

You can launch your car all you want as long as you have enough room to slow down. I did mine a couple of times and NO problem. Just feather the accelerator until it slows a little before going full regen. No brakes, but of course you can't use them much anyway and not get a ding.

Hi Guys, just to be clear. This post assumes you have access to FSB beta..... Why would Tesla take it away? What would be the reasons?
If YOU are driving the car you are safe unless you CARE about your Safety Score or you have Tesla Insurance in Texas.

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 5.32.34 PM.png

Thanks what is a "Strike" and "Strikeout" is there a definition?
Not sure but I think:

Strike: A warning that does not disable the Autosteer for the rest of the drive. If you got a strike, just go ahead create a counter-torque to cancel that warning.

Strikeout: The Autosteer is disabled for the rest of the drive. You cannot re-enable the Autosteer until you put your gear to Park first.

Reactions: T Bone and K5TRX
A strike is when you fail to respond to the nag that causes the screen to flash blue. A strikeout is when you fail to respond to that 3 times in a drive.
I wonder whether this will happen to me.

I’m concentrating so much on the road and what FSD might do - I don’t see the screen much - and may miss the nag !

If only they had a way to tell my hands are on the wheel and eyes glued to the road ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
It seems people are conflating different scenarios. Once you are in the FSD Beta program, you no longer are measured for the Safety Score - that was just an entrance criterion. It does not exist in the FSD Beta universe. You can drive like you stole your car, as long as YOU are driving and not FSD. If you are using FSD, you absolutely MUST pay attention, not only to stay in the program, but because your $50,000+ car will be driving like a lunatic. If you get complacent and don't pay attention, like on a long straight innocuous highway, you can get a strike and risk revocation.

I wonder whether this will happen to me.

I’m concentrating so much on the road and what FSD might do - I don’t see the screen much - and may miss the nag !

If only they had a way to tell my hands are on the wheel and eyes glued to the road ;)

The AP nag is progressive, starting with the flashing background (blue in 3/Y, white in S/X) which is pretty hard to miss. Eventually it will add an audio warning, which according to the warning email, counts this nag as a "strike." If you continue to ignore the nag, it will eventually turn into a "strikeout", where AP is disabled for that trip.

I also got a strikeout recently from manually accelerating past 80mph to pass someone on the highway while on AP/FSD. This limit was 90mph on regular AP, but I forgot they lowered it for FSD beta.

There are times where I'm not torqueing the wheel hard enough and I get frequent background flash nags. These apparently don't count as a strike, as the audio component has not kicked in when I apply torque to the wheel. I know because I will get more than one within 3 miles, and so far, no email saying I'm about to lose FSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: T Bone and K5TRX
It seems people are conflating different scenarios. Once you are in the FSD Beta program, you no longer are measured for the Safety Score - that was just an entrance criterion. It does not exist in the FSD Beta universe. You can drive like you stole your car, as long as YOU are driving and not FSD. If you are using FSD, you absolutely MUST pay attention, not only to stay in the program, but because your $50,000+ car will be driving like a lunatic. If you get complacent and don't pay attention, like on a long straight innocuous highway, you can get a strike and risk revocation.
And that is as simple as switching ”on and off” the FSD Beta ‘slider’ when you feel the need to take a break and just drive ’normally’? And is it just “regular” NOA/AP when you double down click the stalk as “pre-beta“ was (with the slider off)?

Ski

The AP nag is progressive, starting with the flashing background (blue in 3/Y, white in S/X) which is pretty hard to miss. Eventually it will add an audio warning, which according to the warning email, counts this nag as a "strike." If you continue to ignore the nag, it will eventually turn into a "strikeout", where AP is disabled for that trip.

I also got a strikeout recently from manually accelerating past 80mph to pass someone on the highway while on AP/FSD. This limit was 90mph on regular AP, but I forgot they lowered it for FSD beta.

There are times where I'm not torqueing the wheel hard enough and I get frequent background flash nags. These apparently don't count as a strike, as the audio component has not kicked in when I apply torque to the wheel. I know because I will get more than one within 3 miles, and so far, no email saying I'm about to lose FSD.
What’s the audio component? A Ding sound?

Ski

Tesla FSD Beta Revocation Warning Emails Detail

Tesla FSD Beta Warning Levels
  1. None - If you are turning the steering wheel enough, i.e. applying enough clockwise or counter-clockwise pressure (torque)
  2. Reminder - A visual warning that requires attention: flashing blue or white bar on the display (also called "a nag")
  3. Strike - If the reminder is ignored, an audio strike is given
  4. Strikeout - If three Strikes on one trip without successful reminder responses
  5. Warning Email - If two Strikeouts or strikes within 3 miles of each other
  6. Removal from FSD Beta - Instead of a second warning email if more strikes or strikeouts after the warning email

The AP nag is progressive, starting with the flashing background (blue in 3/Y, white in S/X) which is pretty hard to miss
Not hard at all. If you are clutching the steering wheel for dear life and surveying the road wide eyed at an unprotected left turn !

BTW, I hardly ever glance at the screen - there is really no need to. Fairly sure FSD will keep to the speed limits.

Reactions: X-pilot
I just completed a 4,600+ mile road trip, and I noticed that the AP nag will go directly to the audible ding (no visual cue first) if the car is “unsure” about the road conditions, for example when driving through construction areas. Would this count as a ”strike”?

I also frequently get the “take over immediately“ alert when changing lanes into or out of HOV lanes that use double lane markers. I wonder if that counts against you?

Reactions: gaspi101 and T Bone