Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Safety Score calculator...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DNSJames

Model X Refresh
Apr 29, 2022
St Augustine
Not sure if I'm the last to get on the bus but are you aware you can go to safety.sfnet.app and enter your past 30 days Safety Score and it will tell you how many miles until you get to 100. It's reported to be accurate within 1 mile. I'm at a solid 99 with mostly 100's. A few 95, 97 and 98's. But after I entered one 88 and one 89... it has me at 1236 miles from 99 to 100, yikes!

What's interesting is if I delete my 88 and 89, I go to a 100 in 14 miles. So, I presume I can drive mostly on auto pilot to keep my score good... and then on May 29th they'll fall of the 30-day rotation and I'll hop to 100. hummm?

I have several hard braking and following distance incidents on my safety score. Since I almost always use Autopilot and one-pedal driving I was surprised. Investigating I discovered that on my regular route there are two places where the car wants to stop when it shouldn't. The first one is a traffic light that is being installed with new road construction. It is still covered but the car wants to stop. I normally override it with the accelerator pedal but it still applies brakes and shows the red line and sounds the alarm. The running a red light alarm behavior. The second place where auto brakes were applied was at a red light turning right. I was behind two cars turning right on red. Again I was driving on Autopilot and auto-steer. The light is red everyone stopped. The car in front of me stopped past the stop line. I stopped behind him behind the stop line. I proceed with the pedal overriding Autopilot right on the corner turning right the car slam on the brakes and sounds the red light alarm. Neither of these I was at fault nor did I have hard braking. And I was not running a red light either. However, it reflects in my safety score that I did. Another problem is following distance. I live in Houston and drivers regularly cut into the following distance gap between you and the car in front. I expect that that triggers the following distance alarm that is silent in the car. It also happens when lanes merge. Off-ramp into feeder road for example. Cars come down the feeder from behind you at a higher speed then merge into your lane and hit the brakes. With no following distance indicator on the screen, you do not have any indication of what Tesla regards as the ideal following distance. The driver is completely blind. I have Tesla insurance and as a result of the software issues, my premium just went up. I shopping for new insurance since using the broken safety score to charge me more is not acceptable.