Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta safety score survey

What's your current score ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling unlucky at 95%. Of course I want that beta button be not wanting to drive like a complete grandma. Anyone know if Tesla is going to share the safety score data for the fleet with the general public? I actually applaud this whole idea as it motivates safer driving and I see my own improvement. Just wish that guy driving the 10 wheel dump truck pulling a backhoe would give a little safe driving distance. 68mph and 10 yards back ain’t quite enough. NHTSA should crack down on that. Make trucks have mandatory traffic aware safe distance governor above 25mph. Think I write a letter to senator Ed Marley

Reactions: EVNow
99 @ 1,974 miles
How does it feel to be thought of as a "grandma driver" and a danger to all those who drive at speed limit + 40mph while talking and texting on the phone zipping around cars crossing 3 lanes with no turn signals? You know, the narcissist who scores a 35 with only 25 miles so far but believes he is a safe driver because he only got 2 speeding tickets in the past year and hasn't rear ended another since 2020?

How does it feel to be thought of as a "grandma driver" and a danger to all those who drive at speed limit + 40mph while talking and texting on the phone zipping around cars crossing 3 lanes with no turn signals? You know, the narcissist who scores a 35 with only 25 miles so far but believes he is a safe driver because he only got 2 speeding tickets in the past year and hasn't rear ended another since 2020?
I honestly don't like it. Driving for the past month has made me feel uneasy and instead of doing what I should be doing in a dynamic driving environment, I was worrying more about the possibilities of getting dings in the Safety Score that tries to make driving objective, which it isn't.

Reactions: tivoboy
I honestly don't like it. Driving for the past month has made me feel uneasy and instead of doing what I should be doing in a dynamic driving environment, I was worrying more about the possibilities of getting dings in the Safety Score that tries to make driving objective, which it isn't.
I also think that I’m a much less safe driver while trying to get my score up. Stats tells me to get my 95 to 100 I have to drive 18k miles with 100%. This is stupid. I’m going back to my normal driving and I’ll hopefully get the update by New Years!

There's always the re-opt-in trick. Has that worked for anyone yet?
Yes. But it took the next day before I saw the score tab show up. Then I could begin all over again.

So I had a 100 score with 100 miles+ and the next trip doing about 20mph, no cars around, no pedestrians either and my Forward collision goes off. Now I'm back down to 97. So I stopped at Supercharger and puts some range on and then went for 60 miles of AP driving and now back to 98 again. Going out for another run to see if I can get back up to 99 before the end of the day.

I don't understand why I got the FCW when nothing was around. Street was deserted for as far as I could see. However, in AP on the interstate, a semi passed me in the left lane and then cut right in front of me and AP hit the brakes. No FCW or take over or even hard braking that time.

Yes. But it took the next day before I saw the score tab show up. Then I could begin all over again.

So I had a 100 score with 100 miles+ and the next trip doing about 20mph, no cars around, no pedestrians either and my Forward collision goes off. Now I'm back down to 97. So I stopped at Supercharger and puts some range on and then went for 60 miles of AP driving and now back to 98 again. Going out for another run to see if I can get back up to 99 before the end of the day.

I don't understand why I got the FCW when nothing was around. Street was deserted for as far as I could see. However, in AP on the interstate, a semi passed me in the left lane and then cut right in front of me and AP hit the brakes. No FCW or take over or even hard braking that time.
I mean work as in successfully get into beta after doing it, not just a score reset lol

I mean work as in successfully get into beta after doing it, not just a score reset lol
Sorry for the late reply but per the others posting, some have reset and managed to get over 100 miles with a 100 score and were put on the beta FSD on 10/27. I would assume resetting the score with the opt out + opt back in doesn't affect acceptance. My guess is the recent fiasco with the v10.3 put the roll out on hold.

In more recent news earlier Musk said 98+ with 10.4 at a rate of 1000 per hour beginning next Friday afternoon Nov 5.

• Informative
Reactions: Ramphex
Couldn't find that in his tweets. Maybe an interview? Can you please cite your source on that?

Elon Musk

@elonmusk

Replying to
@jgrano305
and
@WholeMarsBlog
Tentative plan is 98 & above starts uploading Friday afternoon next week. If we see any concerns, uploads will pause while we investigate, so might take a few days before everyone with 98 safety gets beta 10.4. 10.4 improves left turns across fast traffic & stopping for gates.

5:33 PM · Oct 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Retweets
Quote Tweets