Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta software consistently “cleans“ the windshield about 15 minutes after every car wash. I seriously think I’m getting trolled.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Four times. Four times now this has happened. Go through the hand wash car wash, leave, headed back to work- stopped at a stop light and— “cleaning windshield for visibility,” or some such nonsense. Supercomputer here proceeds to dump about a quarter of the washer fluid on a pristinely clean windshield. It’s making me so unnecessarily angry. Like in my entire life I never figured I would be screaming at my car calling it a stupid mother... The only other thing that makes me equally irrationally angry is Alexa. I’m a calm guy, I deal with a lot of stress on the regular and I’m chipper and happy. But this wiper thing straight up makes me rage. I’ve had FSD pull out in front of a car which was 6 feet from us, I’ve done the full fake AEB on the freeway going 80 and been like “okay, we got this” but the cleaning of the clean windshield, boy howdy. I might need a drink.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
After a car wash, some of the color "leaks" from the roof down over the car's front-facing cameras, which triggers an auto-wipe. It's something like this:
606ee072-86a3-44ce-9fe2-4b6f1718f649-VPC_RUDY_GIULIANI_HAIR_DYE_MISHAP_DESK_THUMB.jpg