Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Strike Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does your “strike” ever come off FSD? Or will they ever reset back to zero????
I think there was only one particular single update that reset your strikeouts down to zero.

That was the update recalls due to so many false Forward Collision Warnings.

But after that, there's no reset. I assume you'll get back on a next update but I am not sure. Because if it's true, AI Addict should have his back by now.

How does one get FSD revoked?
I think the title should be FSD beta. If you don't pass Safety Score, you won't get it. Once you got it and the system gives out numerous inattentive warnings, then you lose it.

FSD is revoked for non-payment. Tesla does audit sometimes and it would silently revoke your FSD until you can submit proof of purchase.

Reactions: Krash
I think there was only one particular single update that reset your strikeouts down to zero.

That was the update recalls due to so many false Forward Collision Warnings.

But after that, there's no reset. I assume you'll get back on a next update but I am not sure. Because if it's true, AI Addict should have his back by now.
I got what I feel was a wrong strike but whatever, it was about 3 months ago and I’ve have an update but sadly…. No rest on the strikes. I feel as others do there should be reset after xx amount of miles or months

I got fsd suspended a month ago on my model x software updated to 2022.12.3.20 with fsd suspended then just 3 days ago on the same fsd software i got back on the fsd beta que with safety score and car following set to 1 which means I'm on the fsd software with radar enabled waiting to get back in ..my model 3 also was suspended 3 months ago and I'm back on the fsd enabled with the strikes rested to 0 .. so yes you can get back in with a reset after being suspended

• Helpful
Reactions: dogldogl and FlyF4
I got fsd suspended a month ago on my model x software updated to 2022.12.3.20 with fsd suspended then just 3 days ago on the same fsd software i got back on the fsd beta que with safety score and car following set to 1 which means I'm on the fsd software with radar enabled waiting to get back in ..my model 3 also was suspended 3 months ago and I'm back on the fsd enabled with the strikes rested to 0 .. so yes you can get back in with a reset after being suspended
You got suspended on two different cars in the same month?

I was suspended on my model 3 in December i just got back in
Capture.JPG

I'm pretty bitter as now both of my strikes have come on highway driving when not even using the FSD stack. Both were times I had my left hand on the wheel at about 2 o'clock (across the wheel) during loooooong straight highway sections with no turns. My arm was blocking the center screen so I didn't see the flashing, and no audio alert either which really irks me.

First strike was in Feb, 2nd just yesterday (mid-July). A strike reset would be nice.

I'm pretty bitter as now both of my strikes have come on highway driving when not even using the FSD stack. Both were times I had my left hand on the wheel at about 2 o'clock (across the wheel) during loooooong straight highway sections with no turns. My arm was blocking the center screen so I didn't see the flashing, and no audio alert either which really irks me.

First strike was in Feb, 2nd just yesterday (mid-July). A strike reset would be nice.
Across our two cars (one Model 3 and one Model Y) I've gotten 4 strikes exactly the way you describe - driving with hand on wheel and eyes on road, but apparently it doesn't register my hand on the wheel and I either didn't notice the flashing blue on the screen, or it didn't flash/warn at all. I actually got suspended from FSD on the Model 3 yesterday exactly this way.

Honestly, I think that the latest release does not do a good job of detecting hands on the wheel AND to make it worse it does not do anywhere near an adequate job of notifying you before giving you a strike. And the longer the drive the worse it is, because the algorithm appears to "remember" how many times is has notified you over the course of a drive, actually notify you LESS over the course of a drive each time it doesn't think your hand is on the wheel, eventually getting to the point that it kicks you out of FSD without any flashing or beeping at all.

And yes - "bitter" is a good way to describe my feelings on the matter as well.

Honestly, I think that the latest release does not do a good job of detecting hands on the wheel AND to make it worse it does not do anywhere near an adequate job of notifying you before giving you a strike. And the longer the drive the worse it is, because the algorithm appears to "remember" how many times is has notified you over the course of a drive, actually notify you LESS over the course of a drive each time it doesn't think your hand is on the wheel, eventually getting to the point that it kicks you out of FSD without any flashing or beeping at all.

It's all in your head. The hand detection has been the same since.... a long time. Remember, it's a slight, constant torque that the car is looking for, not whether or not your hand is grabbing the wheel. The second behavior you speculate about doesn't exist at all. All nags (where insufficient torque is detected) are the same duration and sequence.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
It's all in your head. The hand detection has been the same since.... a long time. Remember, it's a slight, constant torque that the car is looking for, not whether or not your hand is grabbing the wheel. The second behavior you speculate about doesn't exist at all. All nags (where insufficient torque is detected) are the same duration and sequence.
right. I also agree it has not changed. It hasn't changed since almost since the very first implementation as far a torque is concerned. Although to be more accurate description, it is not a slight constant torque that is needed, it is the detection of a slight torque every 10 or 15 seconds. I think you know that, but just said it differently.

Reactions: nvx1977
And the longer the drive the worse it is, because the algorithm appears to "remember" how many times is has notified you over the course of a drive, actually notify you LESS over the course of a drive each time it doesn't think your hand is on the wheel.....
No, that is also in your head. :) That's not the way it works. It has more to do with time and how much distance you have traveled. Though I certainly agree it could be better at notifying people that it doesn't like what it is detecting. Perhaps a beep or something, rather than just a visual flash on the display.

No, that is also in your head. :) That's not the way it works. It has more to do with time and how much distance you have traveled. Though I certainly agree it could be better at notifying people that it doesn't like what it is detecting. Perhaps a beep or something, rather than just a visual flash on the display.

The flashing starts first. If that is not acknowledged, the car does a double beep/boop sound (while muting whatever music might be playing so the beeps can be heard). After some time after that, AP disengages and you're in AP jail. On occasion I have missed the flashing as well, but I've never missed the audio cue. I tend to think if someone manages to get into AP jail, they are just unaware that the car requires some torque, not just contact with the wheel.

• Disagree
Reactions: sleepydoc
So the more paranoid you get about getting another strike, the more you need to watch for the visual notice on the display since there is no audible notice. Sounds like a safe system.

On a related note, why does watching the screen not result in a strike?

The flashing starts first. If that is not acknowledged, the car does a double beep/boop sound (while muting whatever music might be playing so the beeps can be heard).
This is the part where I disagree. The most recent strike for me had no beep. I was in the car with a passenger, not listening to music, and we both did not hear a single sound from the car until it went into panic "take over immediately" mode. This was on (a nearly empty) Interstate 80 in Nevada during one of those 20 mile long straightaways. My arm was across the screen, but my hand was on the wheel.

No beeps.

/edit. Regardless it sucks to get a strike for the FSD beta when you aren't even using the FSD beta. Highway autopilot is still a completely separate stack. I've never once had a issue with autopilot/FSD when testing on city streets or any non-highway because with all the constant changes is streets, turns, stops etc you are always moving the wheel a little as it's always turning a little. All my strikes are on looong straight highway sections were there are no turns, no speed changes, nothing for over 15 miles.

This is the part where I disagree. The most recent strike for me had no beep. I was in the car with a passenger, not listening to music, and we both did not hear a single sound from the car until it went into panic "take over immediately" mode. This was on (a nearly empty) Interstate 80 in Nevada during one of those 20 mile long straightaways. My arm was across the screen, but my hand was on the wheel.

No beeps.

In your case, this is AP not being confident in the current situation and disengaging. You just get the 5-screeching beep warning to take over. This does not count against you as strikes in any way.

The flashing starts first. If that is not acknowledged, the car does a double beep/boop sound (while muting whatever music might be playing so the beeps can be heard). After some time after that, AP disengages and you're in AP jail. On occasion I have missed the flashing as well, but I've never missed the audio cue.
Hmmm, that has not been our experience about the sound. I have never heard a sound in my MX. Yup, there is a flashing bar, but we focus on the road not on the display. If it weren't for the kid in the back seat saying "Mommy it is flashing" (when she is driving), she probably would have been in AP jail more often. As for me, I manage to naturally keep a torque force on the wheel so I haven't experience any of that stuff.

Reactions: nvx1977