Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD beta testers, is your Safety Score gone from the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 5 or so drives, my Safety Score is no longer showing in the app. The Score is still being tracked, as shown on third party tools ex. Stats app, TeslaFi, TeslaScope, etc.

What do you think this means? Are us FSD beta users in the clear now? As it turns out, working the Safety Score has caused me to develop unsafe driving habits like refusing to hard brake to take over AP when it's coming up too fast on a stopped car at a red light. And when it corners too hard around a clover leaf, I do not disengage, possibly taking the hit for unsafe turning.

Do you think the FSD engineers at Tesla figured this out and are relaxing the conditions for us testers as it comes to Safety Scoring?

Mine is gone. It still shows in TeslaFi though.
That's what I thought but it may not be updated information.

On your main TeslaFi landing page hover over your score at the top/middle. I thought that was my current, up-to-date Safety Score data. I just realized that while the mileage is changing the end date is not. The date appears to be frozen as of the 10th and has not changed in the last few days.

Just to confirm I do have the beta and Safety Score is no longer on my Tesla app.

1634040543809.png

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow and Microterf
Perhaps, going forward, there is a new Saftey Score beta in the works, since this is now being deleted from everyone's app, even those without FSD beta. Hopefully, the old scores, now frozen on a certain date, will be maintained for those who still are eligible for FSD.

After 5 or so drives, my Safety Score is no longer showing in the app. The Score is still being tracked, as shown on third party tools ex. Stats app, TeslaFi, TeslaScope, etc.

What do you think this means? Are us FSD beta users in the clear now? As it turns out, working the Safety Score has caused me to develop unsafe driving habits like refusing to hard brake to take over AP when it's coming up too fast on a stopped car at a red light. And when it corners too hard around a clover leaf, I do not disengage, possibly taking the hit for unsafe turning.

Do you think the FSD engineers at Tesla figured this out and are relaxing the conditions for us testers as it comes to Safety Scoring?
I don’t hard brake for people at cross walks any more. Sorry pal, gotta get my beta ;)

I was at a solid 99 on the verge of getting to 100 and had to take my trailer 120 miles that disables AP. I got dinged hard for following to close. I follow further than AP does but a couple folks cut in front of me. Guess I should have gunned it and not let them in. Lol

What Tesla should do is randomize anyone with a score over 90 to minimize these bad habits.

Reactions: am_dmd
That's what I thought but it may not be updated information.

On your main TeslaFi landing page hover over your score at the top/middle. I thought that was my current, up-to-date Safety Score data. I just realized that while the mileage is changing the end date is not. The date appears to be frozen as of the 10th and has not changed in the last few days.

Just to confirm I do have the beta and Safety Score is no longer on my Tesla app.

View attachment 720532
I can confirm your score is still being updated. I had a drive that made me 99 today. I went on a longer drive to fix my hard breaking and it went back to 100. This was a reading from the Stats iOS app

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
I want confirmation from within Tesla that FSD beta drivers can stop worrying about Safety Score. I am hesitant to hard brake to disengage FSD in case it dings me enough to kick me out of the program.
Now that I'm in the beta, I'm just trying to let the car drive everywhere and treating it like I'm teaching my kid to drive. I'll break it out of FSD and steer or brake as needed(without worry of a score). Like I'm showing it the "right " way to handle the situation.

I have a model Y that got a 100, now has FSD Beta, and safety score vanished.
My model 3 only got a 99, does not have FSD Beta, and safety score still there.
So, my humble conclusion is, once you get it, your safety score no longer matters. (BUT they are still def tracking the car and could revoke it if abused).

Now that I'm in the beta, I'm just trying to let the car drive everywhere and treating it like I'm teaching my kid to drive. I'll break it out of FSD and steer or brake as needed(without worry of a score). Like I'm showing it the "right " way to handle the situation.
Ditto. My first score after getting beta was like a 92! I got scared but then the scores disappeared. I think they'd much rather us jerk the wheel / hard turn / hard brake for safety than rack up stupid SSB 100s. :)

My thoughts are, they really don't want beta testers worrying about their safety score. If the car is doing something wrong, they want to make sure the driver will slam on the brakes, take an aggressive turn, etc., if that is the safe thing to do when the FSD messes up.
😆 🤣 you mean just the OPPOSITE of how we have been driving for 2+ weeks while being 👁️👀 watched 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: fiveten